Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted Contented, mainly because this is what I was expecting. In fact the fact we've got two bodies in midfield already could be considered ahead of schedule.

We could do with some more quantity and quality, but the market hasn't really taken off yet, so no need for a change of underpants.

Guest Guinness

Cautious. I'm not buying into any of the media speculation so our alleged "failed" attempt to sign Aimar hasn't knocked my confidence in what the club are doing. Judging by our 2 summer signings so far we're doing things very quietly which is a good thing, however with the season just a month away I'm eager to see us add some quality to the squad in the areas it's obviously lacking.

Concerned

Wrong people trying to do the deals for Keegan

According to... ?

I simply don't pay any attention to anything that is written in the papers (or the internet, more or less) unless it has been confirmed elsewhere by the club.

Not sure really.

I'd really have liked us to sign Aimar, as we desperately lack someone of his class on the ball in our squad. And while he does have injury and form issues, for £6m it'd have been a risk well worth taking, as at his best he's a fantastic player.

All depends on whether we can bring in someone else I suppose, because we really need a couple of very good players before the transfer window shuts or I can't see next season being all that great for us tbh.

Impatient would be the word to best describe me I suppose, as I've no idea what to make of our current boards ambitions going by whats happened so far. We'll know a whole lot more by the end of August.

I'm not really bothered. A month or so untill the season starts, and I have confidence in Keegan to sort the squad out. Sick and tired of people going nuts because "we are not signing anyone".

The last 2 or 3 pre-seasons I have been very excited and predicted big things etc, but this one I'm more laid back, and not getting my hopes up that much. Hopefully that'll make the coming season more enjoyable.

And FFS people. We WILL be signing players! No we are not Tottenham, and I don't care if players like London, and people say they are a bigger club than us. Look at the table, they only finished one spot above us last season, and we have beaten them 5 times in a row or so. We don't have to convince people Newcastle is a great club. We need to convince ourselves, because I am sick and tired of hearing this moaning all the time. We are still a massive club, and believe it or not, a lot of players would be extremely interested in playing for us.

the media can fuck off.

all the negative fans can support Spurs.

We are going to win the league next season. We got Keegan. We got Martins. We don´t need Aimar.

Guest Mucky01

Concerned

Wrong people trying to do the deals for Keegan

According to... ?

I simply don't pay any attention to anything that is written in the papers (or the internet, more or less) unless it has been confirmed elsewhere by the club.

I am concerned, as KK’s last comments to the media was that scary “not going to be top 4” statement where he was clearly upset. He normally oozes confidence but not then, usually he has the media and the fans eating out of his hands, but no sign of him since, almost as if he knew this transfer policy was doomed, and so far he is not far wrong.

I know putting 2 +2 together is dangerous, but this media blackout and no decent investment for what is the 3rd transfer window of the new regime doesn’t help.

But we’ve got to keep the faith! – got no choice. Could be worse, could be a mackem.

the media can f*** off.

all the negative fans can support Spurs.

We are going to win the league next season. We got Keegan. We got Martins. We don´t need Aimar or anyone else. Don´t care if we got the same team as last year. We finished outside top 10 and don´t understand why the media is giving a shit about us. They should write about 5th place EVERTON.

Aimar did the right decision. The english media is a fucking joke.

Everton haven't brought in anyone yet, and the player they are closest to signing is a 2nd choice keeper.

thats my point, the media should be writing about them. instead they turn to us. fantastic :frantic:

Everton haven't brought in anyone yet, and the player they are closest to signing is a 2nd choice keeper.

thats my point, the media should be writing about them. instead they turn to us. fantastic :frantic:

Everton have a good team in the first place.

not good enough for not buying anyone and still compete in the top of the league and other cups. but this wasn´t the point. I think you know what I mean :pow:

I voted cracking for the comedy value. I'm honestly so pissed off with the lack of urgency from the club that I'm beyond caring. Which of course makes no sense but I feel like one of the the prisoners who's been sent into solitary confinement and started out being angry about it but slowly over time started going completely mad.

Call me impatient but new board or no new board, I'm fed up with transitional seasons, I thought last year finally we have turned the corner, new owner with lots of money behind him and a new manager who had a good track record and at first certainly seemed to talk a lot of sense. But of course that was just another false dawn.

A lot of posters on here don't remember the pre Keegan/Hall era our unambition knew no bounds back then. We were a selling club who funded the building of stands through selling of their playing assets. The club yo-yoed as much between the 2 divisions as the mackems do now, we were a nothing club pure a simple. The reason I bring that up now, in pure NE5 fashion, is that it scares me to f*** that we may be heading down the path to nothingness again.

The Aimar deal was dissapointing, even if there was never any interest there, the fact is the fans expectations were raised and sunk in the space of 24 hours.  You can blame the fans for believing the journos all you want but with absolutely zero communication coming out of the club then obviously when something like this story is printed fans in hope more than expectation will want to believe it. However that wasn't the most concerning thing to happen this week for me. That took place on a football pitch within the city, where Newcastle United Reserves were beaten 6-2 by Newcastle Benefield. These are the players our paper thin squad will rely upon to cover injuries and loss of form. Losing by the odd goal would not have set any alarm bells ringing, first game of pre-season and all that but to be conclusively thrashed by a team of amateurs is embarassing and hugely concerning.

There is still time of course, although we keep saying that, Harper says we were 2 or 3 short last season and if Emre evetually goes and Shola finds a club willing to take him then we'll have lost another 6. With another one in jail and unlikely to be ready to start a football match (assuming we don't sack him) until September/October time, then we are looking at a shortfall of around 9 or 10 players, we've bought 2 so far and I can't honestly see us buying another 7 or 8 before the window closes let alone be ready to start of the season with us.

I'm scratching my head to understand where this confidence that everything will be rosey in the garden is coming from. Did FS do such a good job in alienating the fans that we'll blindly put our faith behind anybody else despite a complete lack of evidence that things on the pitch will improve ?

I hope to god Ashley and his team make this post look completely stupid within the next week or two becasue if they don't then we may be at best writing August off and at worst writing the whole season off.

I'm super relaxed. I honestly feel the club is in control. I think we have enquired about a ton of players and not necessarily firmed up our interest in them, but of course this allows agents and clubs to use us to their advantage.

I'm just enjoying discussing any links and just waiting to see what happens. The absolute worst case scenario is that we make unimpressive signings and we finsh midtable. If this happens then the owner will then have to decide to spen more money or sell to someone who will. No big deal.

I don't think we are at all in danger of getting relegated this season so why fret? Besides I am still very confident the board are hard at work and will bring in good players on contracts that are healthy for the financial state of the club. We might not know these players that well, but we have some good people working to identify them and so I am not too worried about their quality.

People relax.

:coolsmiley:

Everton have a good team in the first place.

not good enough for not buying anyone and still compete in the top of the league and other cups. but this wasn´t the point. I think you know what I mean :pow:

I do wish people would stop saying well this team or that team hasn't bought anyone yet either.

It's not that simple, I will use a house analogy if I may: We need more than a lick of paint and a touch up here and there, we need a bloody gutting and rewiring, there are barely foundations that we can build around. If the likes of Everton don't start their touch ups until the last two weeks of the window, then they'll still have enough time to see that their house will not fall down. Even if we start earlier on our work, if we don't move at fast enough pace then we'll not have a home that will stand up to a harsh winter.

I actually voted confident because I am confident that things will work out right.

I am however pissed off that NE5 keeps on trying to link most threads to an issue of old board vs new board  :rant:

I actually voted confident because I am confident that things will work out right.

I am however pissed off that NE5 keeps on trying to link most threads to an issue of old board vs new board  :rant:

CORRECTION....OLD BOARD PRE-SOUNESS v new board

I have confidence in Keegan, and i have trust in Wise, Vetere and Jiminez - and all of their other minions involved in player rectruitment poliocy - to find the right players for us, and do what is best for the club. What's more, i don't think we're that far away from having a very good team. Two quality additions away, i'd say. I also think Ashley's got his head screwed on the right way; i've got no problem with him trying to save on costs, providing it isn't detrimental to the club's progress - which i don't think it will be. Having this scouting set up means we don't have to bring in the huge names, which command massive wages. Attributes please, not reputation.

Confident. :thup:

voted cautious.....i'm in the school of thought that thinks had keegan been hear all last season we would have had nowhere near as bad a season as we did. improvement on that,squad wise and performance wise is what we are looking for.