Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

For what it's worth:

Sport one negotiated yesterday the signing of the Greek power station Kyrgiakos

The player has requested million Euros net and at least three seasons to sign with blanquiazules

The acquisition of the zaguero, that was not closed last night, will reactivate the sale from Coloccini to England

Author:

Alfonso Andrade/Pablo Go'mez

Date of publication:

29/7/2008

The Sport one negotiated yesterday the hiring of the Greek power station Sotirios Kyrgiakos, an international soccer player, of 29 years and that finishes disputing with its country the Eurocopa of Austria and Switzerland, being to title in addition in the party against those to Aragonese Luis.

To last hour one had not taken shape, in writing, a draft agreement that was forged in one long one takes of conversations and faxes. After one first approach between the parts, the soccer player requested a supply in writing to the Sport one, that this one did not send at first, but that commanded later before the persistence of the own Kyrgiakos. In addition, their exigencies to clock on and off were million Euros net by season and at least three years of contract that the Sport one, except for reverse of last hour in the negotiation, is arranged to give him.

The club coruñés was throughout afternoon with an opposing duro in the negotiations, the AEK of Athens, pawned on also taking to the player and who did not doubt in surpassing any supply which they presented/displayed the coruñeses.

Kyrgiakos it seduced to him plus the possibility of playing in Spanish Liga, but the certain thing is that the AEK offered that million to him that it demanded, plus the three seasons of duration of the contract, and he already had rejected to date three supplies next to the million Euros not to reach that number.

It is evident that the Sport one negotiates the incorporation of Kyrgiakos to give exit to Coloccini with a relief of guarantees. The conversations with the Argentinean will be reactivated today, if this dawn was already no an approach. The march of Fabricio seems a fact.

Kyrgiakos is the answer of the club coruñés to the request of Lotina, that requested a soccer player with experience and physical fort and mentally to cover the hollow that will leave the Argentinean.

To title with Greece in the past Eurocopa, Kyrgiakos assumes with its country the task of marking the front center of the rival, reason why it is accustomed to be moderate to the best attackers of the continent. Its stature, 1.93, give an enormous forcefulness him by stop.

The season last in the Eintracht of Frankfurt militated, although now it has been free, reason why the Sport one will not have to pay a crossing. In the German equipment it was the power station left of a line of five defenses, right what Lotina asked. But in addition it has realised that function in the Greek selection, that also plays with five men in the rear.

In case it failed the option of Kyrgiakos finally, the Sport one has in portfolio other soccer players. The Buenosairean Radius the Network slid yesterday the name of also the Argentine Diego Colotto, who is the captain of the Atlas of Guadalajara, the Mexican equipment del that came Kept.

Nevertheless, this option seems quite improbable although there have been contacts. Colotto arrived yielded the season last to that club, that finishes doing contract to him. The Atlas would ask over four million Euros by the player, because in addition it finishes beginning the championship and no longer it could file a substitute.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/deportes/2008/07/30/0003_7023523.htm

Our tranafer deals are so annoying

Not blaming the club here but it seems most of our transfers happen like this

Aye, can definitely see the resemblance between this and Jonas and Guthrie  :rolleyes:

Aye, can definitely see the resemblance between this and Jonas and Guthrie  :rolleyes:

Jonas hasnt officially signed yet

Jonas hasnt officially signed yet

He'll be a Newcastle player this season.

Our transfer policy is far better than it was, however it would be very disappointing if we were to miss out on a player with the quality of Coloccini especially after Modric aswell, I'm still hopeful though.

Than it was when?

Our transfer policy is far better than it was, however it would be very disappointing if we were to miss out on a player with the quality of Coloccini especially after Modric aswell, I'm still hopeful though.

Than it was when?

Old board, I didn't want to say it because we all know what follows after that :)

Than it was when?

Old board, I didn't want to say it because we all know what follows after that :)

Not really fair to compare tbh. We bought some real shite under the old lot and have bought some real shite under this lot. In actual fact all this stuff about 'policies' is a load of bollocks iyam.

We just wanted young players, yet Jonas is 25.

We didn't want anyone from South America, then got Jonas.

We didn't want to pay big money, but we 'supposedly' pay Viduka et al loads of money. We've 'supposedly' offered this guy twice what he's on now.

All us as fans can do is wait and see who we get and how they turn out.

Than it was when?

Not really fair to compare tbh. We bought some real shite under the old lot and have bought some real shite under this lot. In actual fact all this stuff about 'policies' is a load of bollocks iyam.

We just wanted young players, yet Jonas is 26.

We didn't want to pay big money, but we 'supposedly' pay Viduka et al loads of money. We've 'supposedly' offered this guy twice what he's on now.

Well, I was referring more to the way we conducted ourselves towards the transfers.

Than it was when?

Not really fair to compare tbh. We bought some real s**** under the old lot and have bought some real s**** under this lot. In actual fact all this stuff about 'policies' is a load of bollocks iyam.

and there-in boys and girls lies the art of rocket science  bluerazz.gif

Than it was when?

Not to be a pedant but given the context of your post I better point out that Gutierrez only turned 25 about three weeks ago.

edit; nice stealthy edit  :aww:

Well, I was referring more to the way we conducted ourselves towards the transfers.

Can't disagree there, I think it's obvious the media have little or nothing to go on and I prefer it that way.

Not to be a pedant but given the context of your post I better point out that Gutierrez only turned 25 about three weeks ago.

We've still signed him in his so called 'prime' years though, which was my point. Not exactly a youngster.

Edit - :razz:

We've still signed him in his so called 'prime' years though, which was my point. Not exactly a youngster.

Fair play. Separate point but I think 24/5 is a good age to bring a player in, will have years of experience by that point and you'd think would be a fairly proven footballer, but still one with years to be moulded and improved in.

I think with any transfer policy, there'll be permissible exceptions, on top of us possibly misunderstanding the new policies in the first place.

For example, when Keegan was referring to South Americans and the associated culture shock they have when moving to here, I interpreted that as him referring to South Americans based in South America, as opposed to those playing in Europe - which to me makes more sense, because e.g. on paper there should be little difference in terms of "culture shock" between signing a Russia/Germany/France and signing a South American playing in Russia/Germany/France for the past 5 years.

Also, I would've thought the "signing young players with a resale value" referred to big money (transfer fee or wages) transfers, i.e. not signing those relatively expensive big names who've had their best years behind them - Duff, Emre, Owen as examples, not because theyve turned out to be poor value for money overall, just that they were better years before we signed them and therefore the current policy might have ruled them out as possible signings. Why would Ashley be concerned about the resale value of someone who isnt going to cost much (fee + wages) in the first place?

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell, pay the extra million or so and get the cunt in FFS!

If this deal is called off over another million pounds I dont know what I'll do.  :rant:

Moan a bit on here? That'd definitely be my guess. Not sure what else you could do, in all honesty.