Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

It's getting to the stage now mind where despite their President being an absolute c*nt, I'd just pay the extra £1m and get it wrapped up ASAP.

That's always how he wins.

Thing is though, they're the one's holding all the Aces. Like West Ham did with us over Dyer, let us the board have a bit rant but cave-in. Can't see us attracting anybody better for £10m, so just do it.

Guest alijmitchell

Fucks sake, in my head I've resigned myself to the fact that he isn't coming. We'll piss about, not offer the full amount and spurs will come in and trump us. The reasons? They're looking for a centre back, they've had their eyes on pretty much all our targets, ramos will know alot about him, and as soon as their interest is declared you bet your arse that he'll go to London. Brace yourself everyone, this is gonna be another disappointment I feel.

It's getting to the stage now mind where despite their President being an absolute c*nt, I'd just pay the extra £1m and get it wrapped up ASAP.

Thing is though, they're the one's holding all the Aces. Like West Ham did with us over Dyer, let us the board have a bit rant but cave-in. Can't see us attracting anybody better for £10m, so just do it.

crucial, excellent point ON - will we dig up another player of the same calibre for the same price?  doubtful

principles are one thing but even with the additional fee we're still not overpaying imo therefore they should just get it done

As I said before, there isn't 1 ITK who is saying that we are in any way linked with Coloccini, they weren't then and they aren't now.

The only possible hint that this could happen is that no ITK called Modric, one that was right under the radar and it was only the Sun that went with the story.  Exactly the same scenario applies to Coloccini.

The sun quoted that story about 15 minutes before it posted as a done deal on the Spurs website.  They were hardly itk.

I'm in agreement that provided the press is correct about us making a bid (and I believe them on this one), and we f*** it up, there is no one to blame but the club itself. Coloccini is a high calibre footballer you cannot miss out on for that price. Especially more so as it would mean we are relatively sorted in defence. Would be a bonus to swap Duff with Warnock, but imo we could make do without him.

Pull your fingers out big mike/3 wise men/KK. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Having said that, I have a gut feeling that the Newcastle delegation to Mallorca will get this sorted out, and he will travel back with the rest of the squad. Just a hunch mind.

Guest sicko2ndbest

BTW We are at the stage 'in terms of page length' where the Modric/Aimar deals happened. 3rd time lucky?

Guest Guinness

Just wish we'd up the money and get it sorted, surely a compromise can be reached, especially with the player wanting to sign for us. He's a class player and would be a very good addition to the side, we're not really in a position where we can afford to miss out on that many targets due to our squad's size.

We didn't cave in to anything with Dyer, they caved and came back with more money..

Guest sicko2ndbest

We didn't cave in to anything with Dyer, they caved and came back with more money..

Lets hope we do this  O0

That is his point. They had the rant and eventually caved in,  and now it is our turn to do the same.

Having held back on Dyer for the extra couple of million, we should use that extra finanace gained there to pay off a fee when we find ourselves in a similar situation.

FWIW, I still think we'll get him.

If that was his point then he used pretty odd wording..  BTW as far as I remember we cancelled the transfer initially because we were unhappy with something West Ham had done.

If that was his point then he used pretty odd wording..  BTW as far as I remember we cancelled the transfer initially because we were unhappy with something West Ham had done.

"Like West Ham did with us over Dyer, let us the board have a bit rant but cave-in."

I put "us" in by a mistake, but apart from that, not sure what's unclear tbh.

Their president fucked us over. Screw him!

Now he has a player on his hands who wants to leave, preferably to us, and is prepared to buy out the remainder of his contract in order to make that move happen.

If Spurs interest in genuine then i think we should up the money to ensure we get him, however if thisis just a case of the usually reliable Sun newspaper making shit up then let's sit back and let Coliccini invoke the Webster ruling.

Guest elpapi

Their president f***ed us over. Screw him!

Now he has a player on his hands who wants to leave, preferably to us, and is prepared to buy out the remainder of his contract in order to make that move happen.

If Spurs interest in genuine then i think we should up the money to ensure we get him, however if thisis just a case of the usually reliable Sun newspaper making s*** up then let's sit back and let Coliccini invoke the Webster ruling.

he can't do it this year though... only thing we can do is make colocini put pressure on his chairman and possibly wait until they have a replacement, while not giving in to their demands... remember we offered 8m 3 months ago (obviously not his value), now already offered 11m + 1m additional (+4m = 50% of our initial bid) and would still need to pay 2m more... plus we already offered 2m more than what the chairman promised colocini before (10m and he could go)

"Like West Ham did with us over Dyer, let us the board have a bit rant but cave-in."

I put "us" in by a mistake, but apart from that, not sure what's unclear tbh.

Well the "us" bit obviously :)

Guest neesy111

while if we don't get him, i'll be disappointed all the blame goes onto their president

i'm still sure something will happen tomorrow though

Look. We are obviously looking for a top quality defender. If this doesn't work out it certainly isn't our fault.

Luisao or Burdisso would be just as tasty. Patience is a virtue.

Look. We are obviously looking for a top quality defender. If this doesn't work out it certainly isn't our fault.

Luisao or Burdisso would be just as tasty. Patience is a virtue.

Burdisso isn't quite as good as Colo for me tbh. Would prefer them both here in fairness