Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

you would start to believe keegan's "i don't like argentinians" (well sort of) was a smokescreen...  :kasper:

maybe he buys them just so he can reel off the array of Falklands material he has at training?

I don't get this £15m fees  :kasper: 11m should be a limit i think

So now we're spending too much? :lol:

Couldn't make it up.

What's wrong with paying a reasonable price for a player? I don't think colocini is worth 15m. The less spend on one player, leaves more  money which we might need for other players... It's not that hard.

Well it appears they rejected our 12 million Euro bid, although they promised Colo's agent they would accept a bid of this size. There was also a bit in one of the articles about us wanting to pay in installments. I'm guessing the bid of 12 million Euros was probably rejected because we wanted to pay the fee in installments while Depor wanted it all upfront.

Perhaps we came to an agreement to pay in installments but then pay a higher fee overall i.e. 15 million euros rather than the initial 12 million.

In that case it's fair enough imo.

I used to be so optimistic at times like this,  because it usually worked out in our favour.  Aimar,  Modric,  Turan and Woodgate have kinda killed it now :\

Fingers crossed though,  I'm at the stage where any signing is a good signing.

you would start to believe keegan's "i don't like argentinians" (well sort of) was a smokescreen...  :kasper:

Apparently we had a number of people watching the south america qualifiers for the world cup this summer, which were on at the same time as  the Euros.

So far we have signed Jonas and hopefully, Coloccini, both of whom were involved.

Did baptista feature in any of the games for Brazil? If so maybe that rumour has a bit more to it too.

Another interesting thing is this new rule of players being able to buy out there contracts and move for free after a certain number of years. Jonas qualified for this and Colccini also qualifies for this and it puts their clubs under considerable pressure to sell.

Has Baptista been at Real for up to three years yet? And does he fall under the same conditions?

Guest Guinness

Coloccini would be a fantastic signing, but after what we've seen so far this summer I won't be getting my hopes up. Going by the Aimar saga the Spanish press do seem more on the ball than the English media though.

Just while I'm on Newsnow, here's the take on it from the mother of all things Newcastle United, NUFCblog...

Newcastle Make Formal Bid For Collocini

July 28th, 2008 by Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

The agent of Deportivo La Coruna Argentine star Fabricio Coloccini, has reported today that his player has been offered a move to Newcastle United.

The Argentina international, who is rated around the £8M figure, has been linked to a host of clubs over the summer, including Tottenham Hotspur.

However, his agent Marcelo Lombilla has said today that Kevin Keegan and Newcastle have made a formal move to sign the center-back, who is also comfortable at right back.

The agent is reported to have been in talks with the Deportivo President Augusto Cesar Lendoiro in La Coruna yesterday about the move.

And the good news so far is that Newcastle United are the only club who have so far made an offer for the player.

Lombilla told AS:

“The only offer that I received is from Newcastle, which I communicated (to Deportivo),”

Certainly, it seems that the Spanish press believe that Coloccini is all ready to leave Deportivo, and he has been left out of the trip to Venezuela for his club’s pre-season camp.

This reminds us a little of the potential deal with Luka Modric (just got a pain in my shoulder), and once bitten twice shy.

We even wish his agent hadn’t said anything until the deal was formally completed, since it will only let other potentially interested clubs in, which of course is what his agent wants.  Oh well.   

So the club will need to move very quickly before other clubs come in - but this sounds like excellent news so far.

We’ll put up a poll on whether our readers think Collocini would be a good buy at around £8M, and while your in our poll corner, let us know your views on our other polls, if you haven’t already done so.

The Newcastle club have been interested in the Argentine since January of last year, when then manager Glenn Roeder registered an interest - and we’ve liked what we’ve seen, so let’s hope we can get him - quickly. 

Jonas was eligible to buy out his contract and move to a foreign club. Coloccini is also eligible to do the same.

Also, it appears that Baptista is too, as he signed with Real on the 25th of July 2005, so as of the 25th of July 2008 he has been at Real for three years and is under 28 years old, and so is also eligible to buy out his contract and join a foreign club.

Intersting little strategy we have going here ... nice little prompt we can use when encouraging clubs to accept our offers.

Expecting Baptista to sign as soon as we can find a scrap heap for Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi.

:celb:

Heres a link from a Deportivo fan forum ,interestin what they are saying about him if you go back through his thread .http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?

Heres a link from a Deportivo fan forum ,interestin what they are saying about him if you go back through his thread .http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?

no thread specified

Guest sicko2ndbest

Depor website saying Dennis Wise has just lamped Rui Costa and Daniel Levy outside the riazor

no thread specified

Sorry copy and pasted it but for some reason it didnt work for me too  ,should be ok now and Coloccini is near the top of the page .sorry

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php Click on Deportivo and find him there  O0

no thread specified

Sorry copy and pasted it but for some reason it didnt work for me too  ,should be ok now and Coloccini is near the top of the page .sorry

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php

aye.i went in and had a look. picked some pages at random and it seems they really do rate him.

Jonas was eligible to buy out his contract and move to a foreign club. Coloccini is also eligible to do the same.

Also, it appears that Baptista is too, as he signed with Real on the 25th of July 2005, so as of the 25th of July 2008 he has been at Real for three years and is under 28 years old, and so is also eligible to buy out his contract and join a foreign club.

Intersting little strategy we have going here ... nice little prompt we can use when encouraging clubs to accept our offers.

Expecting Baptista to sign as soon as we can find a scrap heap for Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi.

:celb:

But I thought the buy out thingy had to be done a few days after the season ended.

Just while I'm on Newsnow, here's the take on it from the mother of all things Newcastle United, NUFCblog...

Newcastle Make Formal Bid For Collocini

July 28th, 2008 by Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

The agent of Deportivo La Coruna Argentine star Fabricio Coloccini, has reported today that his player has been offered a move to Newcastle United.

The Argentina international, who is rated around the £8M figure, has been linked to a host of clubs over the summer, including Tottenham Hotspur.

However, his agent Marcelo Lombilla has said today that Kevin Keegan and Newcastle have made a formal move to sign the center-back, who is also comfortable at right back.

The agent is reported to have been in talks with the Deportivo President Augusto Cesar Lendoiro in La Coruna yesterday about the move.

And the good news so far is that Newcastle United are the only club who have so far made an offer for the player.

Lombilla told AS:

“The only offer that I received is from Newcastle, which I communicated (to Deportivo),”

Certainly, it seems that the Spanish press believe that Coloccini is all ready to leave Deportivo, and he has been left out of the trip to Venezuela for his club’s pre-season camp.

This reminds us a little of the potential deal with Luka Modric (just got a pain in my shoulder), and once bitten twice shy.

We even wish his agent hadn’t said anything until the deal was formally completed, since it will only let other potentially interested clubs in, which of course is what his agent wants.  Oh well.   

So the club will need to move very quickly before other clubs come in - but this sounds like excellent news so far.

We’ll put up a poll on whether our readers think Collocini would be a good buy at around £8M, and while your in our poll corner, let us know your views on our other polls, if you haven’t already done so.

The Newcastle club have been interested in the Argentine since January of last year, when then manager Glenn Roeder registered an interest - and we’ve liked what we’ve seen, so let’s hope we can get him - quickly. 

very strange if true......we make an offer to the agent who then tells the club ?

Guest Flair

Colocinni says his future is with Depor but if they get the right price and he gets an offer from the right club, then there is no problem.

Colocinni says his future is with Depor but if they get the right price and he gets an offer from the right club, then there is no problem.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everybody seems to use NUFC to get a pay rise from their current clubs... :-( Frustrating stuff