Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

always believe in,

fabritz ee oh, oh

his hair's a bit like an afro oh

or something.  Cba to work on it.  I'll leave someone else with that task.

"Fabrizio (oh)

Came here from Deportivo-ooooh

Hairs a bit like an afro,

It's indestructable,

Always believeeeee innnn

Fabrizio (oh"

Guest Spark

Fabricio, oh!

He came from Deportivo, oh!

Wears his hair like an afro,

He's unmistakable,

Always believe in.

Guest Spark

always believe in,

fabritz ee oh, oh

his hair's a bit like an afro oh

or something.  Cba to work on it.  I'll leave someone else with that task.

"Fabrizio (oh)

Came here from Deportivo-ooooh

Hairs a bit like an afro,

It's indestructable,

Always believeeeee innnn

Fabrizio (oh"

Beat me by 11 seconds with almost the same song. Good thinking with the Deportivo-oooh bit ;)

Would I be correct in thinking this deal should be more or less tied up by the end of tomorow?

Now another day has passed without so much as a word from us, despite it being reported all over the place, I'm convinced there's something else very close that we're waiting on. So I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is said again tomorrow. Depends on the other hypothetical deal.

Fabio Fabioo

Why the fuck didn't you go

We thought it was done and dusted

thank god Bassong's musted

We're glad you're happy in Spain

Because you wouldn't have liked the rain

But now all the mongs are going to moan

So you tell your agent to get back on the phone!

http://www.4sportsake.com/blog199h/index.php?entryid=1057

There is a school of thought that says you would have thought Newcastle would have learned their lesson in bringing in centre halves from overseas. In the glory days, Philippe Albert was an exception to the rule but since then, there hasn’t been any great success.

If they are really paying £10.3 million for this experienced yet basically unknown centre half, then that would suggest that there is money available. I hadn’t expected Newcastle to make any massive signings in the summer as Kevin Keegan publicly bemoaned the lack of funds available at the end of last season. Having said that, I did expect to see some exciting players, particularly forward players arrive at St. James’ Park. If they can afford what they are allegedly paying for Coloccini then other, more exciting players, could surely have been signed.

:lol:  I love no-mark football websites that offer opinions up which are inevitably absolute bollocks.

Would I be correct in thinking this deal should be more or less tied up by the end of tomorow?

Now another day has passed without so much as a word from us, despite it being reported all over the place, I'm convinced there's something else very close that we're waiting on. So I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is said again tomorrow. Depends on the other hypothetical deal.

We want to announce a 5 year new deal for Alan Smith at the same time to quash the rumours.

I think it's fairly common knowledge that its done. We're just waiting on confirmation.

- Deportivo have said he is now a Newcastle player.

- Ronaldos dad's company have been made his kit sponsor for the season.

I think we just haven't announced it yet. (SPECULATION.... maybe to tie in with another signing or the sale of Smith?)

haha, they should set up a stage outside SJP with a big screen for us all to go and watch alan smith's everton news conference, it'd get a canny crowd i reckon

This was posted at 2pm on that Depor forum

He said good bye in the press conference. The usual thing you know "this was the best part of my career" bla bla. An official of the club gave the thanks to him and now his going to England. I guess it will be official in England as soon as he passess the medicals.

Signing another player on the way down with their best years behind them, just like the bad old days  :angry:

I don't think there is any doubt at all that if the old regime had signed a 26 year old central defender for 11m quid they would be labelling him as you say, along with the old "trophy player" bollocks

Gerraway man.

its been said enough mate.

Nowt wrong with a quality signing [if he turns out to be a quality signing - in fact if he doesn't who will apply hindsight as in the case of Boumsong I wonder], but its who signs them that causes the problem would appear to be the case.

He said good bye in the press conference. The usual thing you know "this was the best part of my career" bla bla. An official of the club gave the thanks to him and now his going to England. I guess it will be official in England as soon as he passess the medicals.

Signing another player on the way down with their best years behind them, just like the bad old days  :angry:

I don't think there is any doubt at all that if the old regime had signed a 26 year old central defender for 11m quid they would be labelling him as you say, along with the old "trophy player" bollocks

Gerraway man.

Nowt wrong with a quality signing [if he turns out to be a quality signing - in fact if he doesn't who will apply hindsight as in the case of Boumsong I wonder], but its who signs them that causes the problem would appear to be the case.

i'd rather have keegan signing them than souness, wouldnt you?

(sorry dave)

Gerraway man.

I still haven't worked out whether your view is based on foresight based on hindsight, or hindsight based on foresight. Or maybe hindisght based on hindsight so you win either way  O0