Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

micksta:

"Colo and Taiwo gonna be announced as a double deal apparently, should be within the next couple of days or so.

Habib Beye has had a canny bit to do with getting KK interested in Taiwo"

micksta:

"Colo and Taiwo gonna be announced as a double deal apparently, should be within the next couple of days or so.

He has just said Mike Ashley is a the game with Coloccini on the back of his shirt

Deportivo wont announce he's signed,  and let him do a farewell press conference if he wasn't going to sign.  Can only assume we've bid for both (if true).  Wasn't very impressed by Kaboul last season,  mind.

micksta:

Micksta= Martin Jol of Tyneside???

micksta:

He has just said Mike Ashley is a the game with Coloccini on the back of his shirt

I know. No number on that shirt though.

Is there a problem?  Newcastle have made a bid for Kaboul, around the same figures offered by Pompey, Villa etc I believe.

There has been alot of reports about us being interested in other centre halves such as Ferdinand, Burdisso, as well as reports of Faye on his way out. Chances are that we are after two.

Wouldn't mind Kaboul but as with every ITK, i'll remain sceptical, no offense.

No offence taken, I'm only passing on what I've been told.  FWIW, I think he's got the potential to be a good CB, I've said before here that I would prefer him to go on loan rather than sell him.  Ramos wants shot, you have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Is there a problem?  Newcastle have made a bid for Kaboul, around the same figures offered by Pompey, Villa etc I believe.

There has been alot of reports about us being interested in other centre halves such as Ferdinand, Burdisso, as well as reports of Faye on his way out. Chances are that we are after two.

Wouldn't mind Kaboul but as with every ITK, i'll remain sceptical, no offense.

No offence taken, I'm only passing on what I've been told.  FWIW, I think he's got the potential to be a good CB, I've said before here that I would prefer him to go on loan rather than sell him.  Ramos wants shot, you have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Would allow Faye to move into DM, which would be fantastic.

I'm sure we have.  Once the deal for our Argentine international defender fell through, Keegan's next thought was to replace him for equivalent money with some poxy flop from an 11th placed side.  A player who couldn't displace Michael fucking Dawson.

Seriously, have you people completely disappeared up your own arseholes?

micksta:

Good info.  Fingers crossed on Taiwo then.