Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest Mucky01

oh well, we’re obviously not in much need to sell a lot of remaining unsold season tickets then?

If Keegan really wants him and the lad wants to come then we should cough up the extra and get him into the fold. Even if it makes us look a bit stupid.

I know Ashley's made a bit of a name for himself of being a bit of a hardnose but there's times when you've got to push things a bit to get what you want.

Yes, I'm a bit twitchy atm. :hmm:

It's incredible how people will just blatantly misread things and get angry about them. :lol:

2 in 2 weeks isnt that encouraging either Dave. We're still going to be very short of quality and quantity come the start of the season. And now with Viduka missing we can expect to see plenty of Ameobi and Smith.

If Keegan really wants him and the lad wants to come then we should cough up the extra and get him into the fold. Even if it makes us look a bit stupid.

I know Ashley's made a bit of a name for himself of being a bit of a hardnose but there's times when you've got to push things a bit to get what you want.

Bollocks. I'd much rather we were shrewd and weren't held to ransom over a player in the most brazen way possible than close this deal for what could be £2/3 million more than we originally agreed.

Guest neesy111

It's incredible how people will just blatantly misread things and get angry about them. :lol:

2 in 2 weeks isnt that encouraging either Dave. We're still going to be very short of quality and quantity come the start of the season. And now with Viduka missing we can expect to see plenty of Ameobi and Smith.

we're short in quantity but not qualiity, minus 1 CB and 1 CM

you should remember we have 6 FIRST TEAM STRIKERS, and the first 3 have unavailable ffs

I'm not saying things are looking all brilliant and rosy in our garden (like some think I am).

It just makes me laugh how people read 'I'm sure in the next two weeks we will see at least two signings coming in' and only seem to notice 'two signings'.

I'm not saying things are looking all brilliant and rosy in our garden (like some think I am).

It just makes me laugh how people read 'I'm sure in the next two weeks we will see at least two signings coming in' and only seem to notice 'two signings'.

I have to say I've been very patient with the owner and recruitment team so far but if we miss out on Coloccini I'm gonna scream bloody murder. There's only so much we can take before everyone will snap.

I would prefer us to take our time and sign quality then get itchy feet  and just sign  any shit like we have done in the past.I have confidence in Keegan,I think like he said himself that we will see at least 2 more signings before  the league kick off.You have to remember the two signings we have made came totally outta the blue!Or is it three now with Bassong?

I have to say I've been very patient with the owner and recruitment team so far but if we miss out on Coloccini I'm gonna scream bloody murder. There's only so much we can take before everyone will snap.

Jesus wept.

If we miss out on Coloccini it is not the boards fault. We agreed a fee, we discussed personal terms, Deportivo upped what they were asking and quite rightly we're refusing to rise to it. That's a pretty low way to go about transfer dealings and I for one am glad we're not folding like we did under Shepherd.

Bollocks. I'd much rather we were shrewd and weren't held to ransom over a player in the most brazen way possible than close this deal for what could be £2/3 million more than we originally agreed.

I just think that if he's a top target and they want, for arguments sake, £9m then we meet the price and bring the lad in. I hear what you're saying but I'd rather push the boat out and get our first-choice rather than trawl around for another target who isn't as good as Coloccini.  :thup:

There's a lot of merit to what you say though.

I wish everyone was like you, Dave.

Jesus wept.

If we miss out on Coloccini it is not the boards fault. We agreed a fee, we discussed personal terms, Deportivo upped what they were asking and quite rightly we're refusing to rise to it. That's a pretty low way to go about transfer dealings and I for one am glad we're not folding like we did under Shepherd.

We're not going to get a better player than him. We're a mid table club with nothing to offer players at all. If we have to pay over the odds to get him then frankly that's what we need to do.

Jesus wept.

We're not going to get a better player than him. We're a mid table club with nothing to offer players at all. If we have to pay over the odds to get him then frankly that's what we need to do.

quoted for truth

not being funny, but im suprsied we got this far with collocini,

weve finished in the lower half of the table for the past couple of season, no europe

i think we have to just go for it

when u hear the classic old roeder line " i hoping to get two or three in before the season or deadline" coming from keegan, its not encouraging

im sure once the two weeks goes to one week, and then we havent tied many up people will start panicing

we need 3 quality players..fact

not being funny, but im suprsied we got this far with collocini,

weve finished in the lower half of the table for the past couple of season, no europe

i think we have to just go for it

when u hear the classic old roeder line " i hoping to get two or three in before the season or deadline" coming from keegan, its not encouraging

im sure once the two weeks goes to one week, and then we havent tied many up people will start panicing

we need 3 quality players..fact

Well as his agent said it's because we've offered Coloccini "the deal of his life." I'm sure if we penny pinched in contract negotiations he would have never given us a second thought.

Does it not worry people that he is our top CB target and we do not rate him at more then 7mill.

I think its more fo the fact that they keep on uping the price then us not rating him more than 7 mil.There taking the piss really tbf

Does it not worry people that he is our top CB target and we do not rate him at more then 7mill.

That was the asking price. It's not rocket science mate.

An asking price we won't pay..

Skirge, i'll simplify this for you.

We bid, they accepted, we were about to tie up the deal when they raised the amount they wanted.

I don't think it's a case of penny pinching, it's a matter of principal.

Skirge, i'll simplify this for you.

We bid, they accepted, we were about to tie up the deal when they raised the amount they wanted.

I don't think it's a case of penny pinching, it's a matter of principal.

I'd rather lose face and get the player in.

I can understand why people are annoyed about it but the alternative is to look strong and miss out on the player. That's what it comes down to.