Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

"I hope we haven't put this this special Scout-Continental Contacts-Deal Closers on the payroll just to rush through a couple of transfers in the last week of August.

Window has been open for 1 month and tbh, i'm underwhelmed. Players need pre-season with their new team-mates to hit the ground running."

really good, fair comments there i'd argue - some won't have it though, as you say we used to do pretty well at last minute deals before the window closes so what the fuck did we put 3 people on the payroll for? so they could do the same thing only quieter?

I wouldn't say its the highest.  Most are running the we bid 8M GBP they accepted then rejected now they want 11M GBP about 13-14 M Euros.

I only have US currency on my keyboard in case anybody tries to take the piss for writing GBP.

is this a great big pisstake?

Toon's Coloccini deal stalls - but KK predicts two new signings on the way - Gazette

Signings on way ... Kevin Keegan.

KEVIN Keegan today insisted he is confident of signing two players before the start of the season - despite the break down of Fabricio Coloccini's move to Newcastle United.

Newcastle's interest in Coloccini looks over, with Deportivo La Coruna not budging on the 14m Euros asking price.

But executive director (football) Dennis Wise has other irons in the fire, and Keegan is hopeful there will be more additions to his squad over the next fortnight.

The 57-year-old was speaking at the ONO Estadi ahead of tomorrow night's Mallorca Summer Cup game against Hertha Berlin.

Keegan told the Gazette: "We are targeting a lot of players, but for every two or three players you go after, you sometimes get one and you sometimes get none.

"You don't get all the players you want, and that includes the very top sides. It's the same for everybody.

"But I'm sure in the next two weeks we will see at least two signings coming in - that's my feeling.

"Nothing's 100 per cent, however, and we're all looking at the same players. They are all good players, and because of that a lot of clubs want them."

Only worry potentially is the fact that Keegan has been saying this all Summer only to face yet more rejection, then regurgitate these quotes, then get rejected again, &c, &c. I'm not sure I share his (feigned?) confidence any more. I believe that we're trying as hard as anyone, but the players we've targeted are of a calibre that's got us pitching against teams that can offer significantly more than we can. Because, like it or not, for a foreign player who knows little or nothing about the club, we can offer absolutely fuck all geographically, in terms of our recent league positions, and certainly no more or less financially than the other clubs.

We are a fucking joke! Seems that we are just unable to tie up a deal for a player and a player that was desperate to come here. Sign two players before that start of the season we fucking five not two!!

Starting to get very pissed off indeed with all this shite..

We are a f***ing joke! Seems that we are just unable to tie up a deal for a player and a player that was desperate to come here. Sign two players before that start of the season we f***ing five not two!!

Starting to get very pissed off indeed with all this s****..

FFS

Yes the club really are a bunch of wankers. How dare they sit tight on a deal where the selling club are clearly in the wrong? Fucking idiots...

We are a f***ing joke! Seems that we are just unable to tie up a deal for a player and a player that was desperate to come here. Sign two players before that start of the season we f***ing five not two!!

Put your toys back in the pram..

Toon's Coloccini deal stalls - but KK predicts two new signings on the way - Gazette

Signings on way ... Kevin Keegan.

KEVIN Keegan today insisted he is confident of signing two players before the start of the season - despite the break down of Fabricio Coloccini's move to Newcastle United.

Newcastle's interest in Coloccini looks over, with Deportivo La Coruna not budging on the 14m Euros asking price.

But executive director (football) Dennis Wise has other irons in the fire, and Keegan is hopeful there will be more additions to his squad over the next fortnight.

The 57-year-old was speaking at the ONO Estadi ahead of tomorrow night's Mallorca Summer Cup game against Hertha Berlin.

Keegan told the Gazette: "We are targeting a lot of players, but for every two or three players you go after, you sometimes get one and you sometimes get none.

"You don't get all the players you want, and that includes the very top sides. It's the same for everybody.

"But I'm sure in the next two weeks we will see at least two signings coming in - that's my feeling.

"Nothing's 100 per cent, however, and we're all looking at the same players. They are all good players, and because of that a lot of clubs want them."

Only worry potentially is the fact that Keegan has been saying this all Summer only to face yet more rejection, then regurgitate these quotes, then get rejected again, &c, &c. I'm not sure I share his (feigned?) confidence any more. I believe that we're trying as hard as anyone, but the players we've targeted are of a calibre that's got us pitching against teams that can offer significantly more than we can. Because, like it or not, for a foreign player who knows little or nothing about the club, we can offer absolutely f*** all geographically, in terms of our recent league positions, and certainly no more or less financially than the other clubs.

Keegan's a blind optimist at times.

Since the winter transfer window he's been coming out with quotes like this but nobody of real note has come in! I suppose we were all under the illusion that Ashley would be packing the first team with real talent and then concentrate on building the foundations for the future with the youngsters.

But what are we looking at so far for the first team is an unproven Argie and a Liverpool reject as our reward for even supporting that shower of shite last season! Hope I get proved wrong and we push on from here, but knowing what we have in our squad at present we ain't gonna improve too much.

Lets face it, it's going to be another tough season if we again fail to get at least 1 creative player in let alone some decent defensive cover.

Guest shagthefluff

Whats getting a little annoying is the fact that whilst we cant be taken for mugs and pay whatever clubs want for their players we MUST speculate to accumulate. hence if we did sign coloccini then surely we would have a better chance of getting higher in the league and hence more money. however it seems the club are more interested in safe buys which is concerning. the deadline was friday according to the agent but im not sure whether we can trust his quotes.

Guest Gh0StFaC3

FFS

Yes the club really are a bunch of wankers. How dare they sit tight on a deal where the selling club are clearly in the wrong? f***ing idiots...

It's not so much the fact that we've missed out on Coloccini (I'm actually happy that we haven't caved on their unreasonable demands)

It's more the fact that everyone can plainly see - we have a very small squad & need about 5 new players to come in... 2 or 3 of whom should posses real quality.

We've been told all summer that the players will be bought, don't jump on the board, don't stress... But now as things are starting to become urgent, we're being told that there's a chance of just TWO new players coming in.

An offseason recruitment campaign that has snared only Bassong, Guthrie (squad players) & Gutierrez so far, is really underwhelming tbf.

There are two weeks remaining... I'll reserve my judgement until then, but it's not looking great!

FFS

Yes the club really are a bunch of wankers. How dare they sit tight on a deal where the selling club are clearly in the wrong? f***ing idiots...

It's not so much the fact that we've missed out on Coloccini (I'm actually happy that we haven't caved on their unreasonable demands)

It's more the fact that everyone can plainly see - we have a very small squad & need about 5 new players to come in... 2 or 3 of whom should posses real quality.

We've been told all summer that the players will be bought, don't jump on the board, don't stress... But now as things are starting to become urgent, we're being told that there's a chance of just TWO new players coming in.

An offseason recruitment campaign that has snared only Bassong, Guthrie (squad players) & Gutierrez so far, is really underwhelming tbf.

There are two weeks remaining... I'll reserve my judgement until then, but it's not looking great!

We haven't missed out on Coloccini yet and Keegan meant 2 new signings before the season starts not just 2 signings before the end of the window.

I suppose that maybe just maybe we won't pay the extra because the player said he would get out of his contract and sign for us anyway, saves us a small fortune doing it that way. If it happens like I don't think it will..

I suppose that maybe just maybe we won't pay the extra because the player said he would get out of his contract and sign for us anyway, saves us a small fortune doing it that way. If it happens like I don't think it will..

He can't do that until next summer so we are humongous idiots if that's what we're waiting in hope of.

He can't do that until next summer so we are humongous idiots if that's what we're waiting in hope of.

Would not shock me if we did, pay what the 11mill now or wait and get him for fk all next season..

Two in the next two weeks!  There's a month left in the transfer window..

what I honestly don't understand is that if Ashley wants to make money from us, we need to win things, or at least be finishing higher in the league.  To do that we need better players.  To get better players, you have to spend money.

An extra 1/2 million for a quality player in an area in which we are weak is key to climbing up the league, thus bringing in more revenue at the end of the season.  Just pay up and bring him in.

People saying that other clubs will see us giving in, and will do the same - I can't quite see it.

Would not shock me if we did, pay what the 11mill now or wait and get him for fk all next season..

Don't you think someone else might be interested next season if he was going for almost free

I feel your pain brother. It's August tomorrow and well, everyone knows the rest.....

Guest Stephen927

Just stump up the extra cash. It's not as though we haven't played hardball with other teams with transfers, ala Kieron Dyer.