Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

I believe the times and star, although it was 4 hours ago now I went through them all. Looks like they were taken from a bigger interview I've yet to find as both papers had slightly different parts.

"It will be excellent for me if the move is finally done.  The chance to join Newcastle is not only about money, it is a historic club with a great manager and big ambitions for the season.  I've always loved the Premier League, I've watched many matches on television, it's sensational.  The standard is similar to Spain and I'm convinced I won't suffer any problems adapting...Argentinian players are able to play and triumph in any country so I don't fear the English league."

Just typed it up from Sunday Sun.

"It will be excellent for me if the move is finally done.  The chance to join Newcastle is not only about money, it is a historic club with a great manager and big ambitions for the season.  I've always loved the Premier League, I've watched many matches on television, it's sensational.  The standard is similar to Spain and I'm convinced I won't suffer any problems adapting...Argentinian players are able to play and triumph in any country so I don't fear the English league."

Cheers pal. :indi:

Happy days, can't be arsed reading the rest of the thread but I take it this is 99% done?

Just as per the title. They've confirmed a fee is agreed, we've said nothing apart from KK saying he thinks it's nearly sorted and there should have been some news 'over the weekend'. The Spanish papers suggested he was due in tomorrow for the medical.

Awesomeness!

Happy days, can't be arsed reading the rest of the thread but I take it this is 99% done?

Just as per the title. They've confirmed a fee is agreed, we've said nothing apart from KK saying he thinks it's nearly sorted and there should have been some news 'over the weekend'. The Spanish papers suggested he was due in tomorrow for the medical.

Sounds sorted then. Pricey but sounds like a top class defender.

Sounds sorted then. Pricey but sounds like a top class defender.

i dont actaully think its a bad price when you think of some of the fee's being thrown around for certain players. Or think of Boumsong.....

Coloccini - I will be Toon hit

Depor defender expects to complete Newcastle move

Newcastle target Fabricio Coloccini is eager to make his mark in the Premier League.

The Deportivo La Coruna defender is on course to secure a summer switch to St James' Park, with a deal expected to be completed in the next few days.

Kevin Keegan has been eager to strengthen his defence ahead of the coming season, with Coliccini fitting the bill.

And the Argentina international has claimed that he will have no trouble settling into the hectic pace of the game in England.

No fear

He told The People: "I don't fear the Premier League.

"I love it and I watch it a lot. I will be a big hit.

"I am confident a move will go through."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3905169,00.html

Guest Stephen927

Hmm interesting comment. Wonder if he's been told how much our transfer kitty is and who the other targets are.

Guest mobiius

Hmm interesting comment. Wonder if he's been told how much our transfer kitty is and who the other targets are.

certainly seems as if he is a bit ITK obviously he is aware that our nxt 2 signings are berbatov and arshavin (i wish) lol.

nah, what he meant to say was 'big ambitions to sell the club to 6 different companies at the same time'

Guest Jawesome

Him and big Abdul Faye would be unreal like.  Hard bastard African and a metal as fuck South American.  Stuff made of dreams.

Guest cfhpantera27

Him and big Abdul Faye would be unreal like.  Hard bastard African and a metal as fuck South American.  Stuff made of dreams.

:band:

legend already..  :coolsmiley: