Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Epic signing if this comes off.

Case of when rather than if :crazy:

I don't want to start dancing yet, football is a piss take, and nothing is certain until its signed, sealed and delivered.

Really happy we've possibly got him and missed out on Woodgate now, probably around the same kind of quality, but he's less injury prone, younger and more agressive.

Hopefully a signing of another current Argentine int'l will make us a more attractive proposition to other players we may be in for whereas we may not have been before. A bit of a signal of intent signing if you will.

We need to sign another Brazilian 'g' otherwise they'll be ganging up on Cacapa. We protect our homies 'round here fo sho.

Júlio Baptista?

Hopefully a signing of another current Argentine int'l will make us a more attractive proposition to other players we may be in for whereas we may not have been before. A bit of a signal of intent signing if you will.

We need to sign another Brazilian 'g' otherwise they'll be ganging up on Cacapa. We protect our homies 'round here fo sho.

Júlio Baptista?

Would be perfect. As I keep saying. :lol:

Júlio Baptista?

Do you think we could persuade Real Madrid to take Smith in exchange?

Júlio Baptista?

No.

Júlio Baptista?

No.

Neither do I, but if you don't buy the ticket you won't win the raffle.

Júlio Baptista?

No.

Neither do I, but if you don't buy the ticket you won't win the raffle.

It was a joke ;)

EDIT: Not as in I think they might take him :lol:

Anyone know why the club are being so vocal about this deal (releasing statements saying were in advance talks) yet have remained quiet on our other deals?

Wishful thinking but maybe were pointing out to other targets were capable of bringing in real quality and our much publicised leaky defence has just recieved a major boost.

Anyone know why the club are being so vocal about this deal (releasing statements saying were in advance talks) yet have remained quiet on our other deals?

Wishful thinking but maybe were pointing out to other targets were capable of bringing in real quality and our much publicised leaky defence has just recieved a major boost.

I think it is probably because the hoohah was causing too much distraction and it was out in the open anyhow.

They didn't realise a statement as such, it's more a 'someone said to SSN' thing. All the official word has been from their side.

I don't know how far back you've read but from the beginning this only really came out because the agent kicked off about it maybe falling through. He said we've been trying to do this deal for three months.

Even after that all the talk was from the agent to Spanish newspapers, and Keegan's barely said a word about it.

Guest jda3000

Given

Beye Coloccini Taylor Enrique

Jonas Baptista Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

sub. Harper, Faye, Bassong, Butt, Milner, Duff, Viduka, Derdiyok

N'zogbia FFS what has he ever done????

Given

Beye Coloccini Taylor Enrique

Jonas Baptista Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

sub. Harper, Faye, Bassong, Butt, Milner, Duff, Viduka, Derdiyok

N'zogbia FFS what has he ever done????

Who is the alternative? As things stand the Zog would start for us in a 442.

Guest jda3000

im thinking duff, he looks pretty good so far pre season light and quick,  kegan has said hes back to his best, and im beliving him

Would expect more like

Gven

Beye Colo Faye Enrique

Butt

Jonas        Milner

Martins        Owen

Baptista

Where are you getting Baptista from? An article from the Sun a month ago?

I remain willing to give Duff another chance based on his foot injury.

He has afterall been one of the better players in preseason according to some, regardless of his previous form.

Guest jda3000

He has afterall been one of the better players in preseason according to some, regardless of his previous form.

same here

If we have to play Hartlepool next season, we're laughing.

Would expect more like

Gven

Beye Colo Faye Enrique

Butt

Jonas         Milner

Martins        Owen

Baptista

Where are you getting Baptista from? An article from the Sun a month ago?

That is the topic people putting him in there team