Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Newcastle - 01/08/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Skirge

Thought we did alright. It was an onslaught in the first half from us with no end product. Smith is not a footballer and should be sured for being a con man. Amobi is injured cos he doesnt want to move away from "As you like it". You can bet you bottom dollar Viduka will be injured next season (probably around Xmas time when the weather is much nicer in Oz) and if you look at Owen I don't think he has ever put a full season in since he was a pro due to some injury. So going off that and the fact that that Oba is injured (and just lost his mum) I am looking at the likes of Crouch going to Portsmouth and thinking we should have been in for him. I would be looking to bring Sib back at this rate.

Bottom line is our squad is not balanced and not big enough and Ashley should be getting his cheque book out now. If we only sign another two players this transfer window I will be very dissapointed but the way keagan is talking the transfers are fast going from 4-5 in January (BEFORE we released a load of other players) to 2 now.

We have just over two weeks to get the players we need which is worrying.

Butt looked totally past it tonight. Like really past it, ala Geremi. Slow, laboured and wasteful.

Sounds like pre-March. He's fucking shit man.

(No, i didn't watch the game tonight, but that's got nowt to do with it, he was gash last season and i've maintained that from the word go).

If he's still a mainstay in our team next season, then he'll hold us back as far as i'm concerned.

Pleased that Guthrie's doing well though. If Barton can keep up his end of season form (he's got a better chance of doing so than the likes of Nicky Butt), then maybe we can just about get by with that pairing?

That was fucking shit, fell asleep, and I never fall asleep through anything. We couldn't even beat a Hertha team, that played in a competitive game yesterday, pretty shocking, considering, we had a first choice midfield out, and a decent defence, only really missing our strikers.

Thought we did alright. It was an onslaught in the first half from us with no end product. Smith is not a footballer and should be sured for being a con man. Amobi is injured cos he doesnt want to move away from "As you like it". You can bet you bottom dollar Viduka will be injured next season (probably around Xmas time when the weather is much nicer in Oz) and if you look at Owen I don't think he has ever put a full season in since he was a pro due to some injury. So going off that and the fact that that Oba is injured (and just lost his mum) I am looking at the likes of Crouch going to Portsmouth and thinking we should have been in for him. I would be looking to bring Sib back at this rate.

Bottom line is our squad is not balanced and not big enough and Ashley should be getting his cheque book out now. If we only sign another two players this transfer window I will be very dissapointed but the way keagan is talking the transfers are fast going from 4-5 in January (BEFORE we released a load of other players) to 2 now.

An onslaught?

An onslaught?

My thoughts exactly!!

Butt looked totally past it tonight. Like really past it, ala Geremi. Slow, laboured and wasteful.

Sounds like pre-March. He's f***ing s*** man.

(No, i didn't watch the game tonight, but that's got nowt to do with it, he was gash last season and i've maintained that from the word go).

If he's still a mainstay in our team next season, then he'll hold us back as far as i'm concerned.

Pleased that Guthrie's doing well though. If Barton can keep up his end of season form (he's got a better chance of doing so than the likes of Nicky Butt), then maybe we can just about get by with that pairing?

Would also expect to see Milner or Zoggy given a chance in there

Sounds like pre-March. He's fucking shit man.

Completely agree.

Guest Darth Toon

Positives: Jonas and Duff

Thought Cacapa looked decent too

you blind or just stupid

Neither, just capable of watching a match and having my own opinion.

Proof tonight that, assuming Coloccini comes in, we need a right back (geremi was useless), a left back (N'Zogbia is not a left back), a centre midfielder (Butt is finished) and a forward (no explanation needed).

Still a bit of work to do then. Jonas, Duff and Guthrie were pluses. Add to them Owen, Faye, Beye, and Martins and we're not too bad. Smith and Shola MUST be gone by the end of this transfer window. I can't watch them play again. I would have preferred Danquah and Godsmark to have got a game! Bit of pace and youthful exuberance.

Proof tonight that, assuming Coloccini comes in, we need a right back (geremi was useless), a left back (N'Zogbia is not a left back), a centre midfielder (Butt is finished) and a forward (no explanation needed).

Still a bit of work to do then. Jonas, Duff and Guthrie were pluses. Add to them Owen, Faye, Beye, and Martins and we're not too bad. Smith and Shola MUST be gone by the end of this transfer window. I can't watch them play again. I would have preferred Danquah and Godsmark to have got a game! Bit of pace and youthful exuberance.

Coloccini will fill the right back void, otherwise I agree.

Guest neesy111

Milner looked lively to the naked eye, but in actual fact was shit.

Guthrie looks tidy in a non-threatening sort of way.

Jonas looks F-A-S-T

still created our best opening though

Disagree about Butt, the major issue, however, is that he's identical to Guthrie as a player, apparently. Need something different in the midfield, someone like Modric or Aim... shit.

Agree with all of that.

Milner looked lively to the naked eye, but in actual fact was shit.

Guthrie looks tidy in a non-threatening sort of way.

Jonas looks F-A-S-T

still created our best opening though

Who?

Disagree about Butt, the major issue, however, is that he's identical to Guthrie as a player, apparently. Need something different in the midfield, someone like Modric or Aim... shit.

Really? I confess to having seen none of pre-season thus far, but i've heard that Guthrie can pass the ball. :dontknow: