Sir Bobby: I'm Dying

Leazes1986

Guest Guinness

Such sad news :(, the man is hero and a true legend. His time here will be remembered very fondly, what he's achieved throughout his life is simply amazing.

So saddening. I can't imagine anyone ever having a bad word to say about him. Has anyone got the photo of him the day he took us to Wembley? One of my favourite all time photos, never seen a man look so proud.

We would almost certainly have been relegated had he not taken over in 1999 - he did a great job in steadying a rocking ship and getting us into the CL ; should certainly have been made a Director in 2003, and asked to choose his successor.

Has had a great life, wish him a peaceful end with dignity.

On the one hand it's devastating the world will lose such a wonderful man. On the other, he's had a remarkable life and can die with his head held up very high for what he has achieved.

The day he dies will be a celebration of his life, not the mourning of his death.

Bobby might well be a legend, but first and foremost he is a truly wonderful man.  And knowing Bobby that's exactly the way he will want to be remembered.

What a contrast to the egotistical player grabbing the headlines yet again today.  The epitome of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer and in some respects society in general.  It doesn't matter how great a player Ronaldo becomes, he'll never be half the man Sir Bobby is.

Gutted.

What a contrast to the egotistical player grabbing the headlines yet again today.  The epitome of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer and in some respects society in general.  It doesn't matter how great a player Ronaldo becomes, he'll never be half the man Sir Bobby is.

It's so true.

In the modern day, where football has been so mixed up with image and money, it's depressing that we'll soon have to bid farewell to a man that genuinely loves football so much.

He's an icon, someone to aspire and look up to not only as a footballing mastermind, but as a truly great gentleman.

I hope you rename the John Hall stand the Bobby Robson stand.

Legend is so overused these days but that's what he is - decent, honorable, loyal.  The antithesis of the modern premiership footballer.

Legend is so overused these days but that's what he is - decent, honorable, loyal.  The antithesis of the modern premiership footballer.

No disrespect to Sir Bobby but there's plenty of people who deserve something named after them at this club before the great man. Our current manager for example.

Guest Moneytalks

I don't normally post on here, but this is truly gutting. He seemed like he would go on forever - we all know he'll carry on fighting.

No disrespect to Sir Bobby but there's plenty of people who deserve something named after them at this club before the great man. Our current manager for example.

are you being serious??? 

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

I just think Robson is on an another level all together than keegan, both in footballing terms and as a person.

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

I just think Robson is on an another level all together than keegan, both in footballing terms and as a person.

That may be, but in terms of contribution to the club Keegan comes above Robson

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

Keegan has done more for this club and that's what I'm basing my opinion on. There should also at least be a Joe Harvey stand iyam.

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

Not in terms of what they have brought to NUFC.

What Tooj is saying is no way a put down, it's just what Robson did here is pretty low in his ranking list of lifetime achievements.

Robson did more for PSV, Barca and Ipswich than he did to our club.

He's a fantastic man and a brilliant footballing icon, but there are other people that deserve stands before Bobby.

are you being serious??? 

Yes.

Why?

I don't think any living person should have something named after them tbh