Sir Bobby: I'm Dying

Leazes1986

Best England manager since Ramsey, Best Newcastle manager with Keegan. Like other posters have said, a kind, thoughtful, generous man.

An old fashioned man who shows that football is all about passion. Not jewellery, big cars, penthouse flats and spit-roasting.

You'll never be forgotten, Bobby.

stand by for one of the biggest footballing tributes ever.

I certainly hope so! The man deserves it. There should be well-wishers from all over Europe/The World.

Not much to say to do him justice right now, just: :(

so very sad. My dad sat right next to him for the Birmingham game last season and talked to him for the full 90 minutes. Said he was as magic if not more so in person.

If only he'd come home a bit earlier, legend

He's not dead yet folks, so if he's at the Valencia game we all need to make him realize how much he means to us all!

Yes - "theres only one Bobby Robson" at the Valencia game.  Even if he's not there, he will hear about it.

Makes you wish there was something we could do to stop this disease from doing what it is doing to him, but there isn't is there.  He has had (and is having) a great life, he has done so much for people, Newcastle United, England, and so many others, but I feel so sad right now.

Lets hope there is still a long time to go  AND NO PAIN.

Although it's not unexpected, I do feel a bit emotional at this news. He gave his all for the club while he was here, and rescued a sinking ship. All that despite not getting the support he should have had, I can't help but feel.

He's the perfect role model. I will always remember his time at Newcastle United as my best years as a supporter.

I don't really have the words to express how sad I feel about this.

A piece of news has never moved me like reading article just has this morning.

An absolute true legend, like someone said earlier, not just to English football, but to World football.

He made an impact in many different places, in many different countries, and there will be alot of people showing their respects when the great man finally passes.

Here's to hoping he enjoys his last remaining months and doesn't suffer :thup:

Guest toonlass
I love you.More than anyone than i don't personally know.You will always be a legend in my heart, my son wil know of your legacy, you will be missed.This is breaking my heart, bye Bobby.

That is exactly how I feel.

Remembering when Shola was asked "Do you have a nickname?"

"Em no, I don't think so"

"What does the Gaffer call you?"

"Carl Cort!"

I don't think anything in that article is new, we were virtually told this when he set up his charity.  I think his charity just shows what a legend he is rather than what he's done in football.  He was diagnosed with cancer for a 5th time and was told that this one was the one that would take him out.  Did he go into fits of depression?  Did he shite, he thought about how he could do even more for a region that he loves and he's left a legacy which will go on and save lives after he's gone. 

It is sad what is happening to him but even in his condition, he’s making something positive out of it.  No self pity from him, just a sense that he’s enjoyed his life and will take as much as possible out of his last days while giving something back to the community.  I don’t use “legend” too often but in this case, it just seems the best way to describe him, I can’t think of another superlative to use to sum him up.

Sir Bobby managed the club with dignity and in return was treated like shite by some, I hope they are ashamed of that, they should be.

"If's the biggest word I've ever known in football. IF I had wings, I could fly to the moon"

"Would you like to be there though?"

"Would I like to be where? On the moon?"

:lol:  :weep:

:(  I'm in pieces here and he's still alive.

His passing will be felt all over the footballing world but in Barcelona, Eindhoven, Ipswich and Newcastle, there'll be grown men crying in the streets. I doubt there's anyone in sport as universally adored as Sir Bobby Robson and I'm honoured to have had him as manager of my football club.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Nice video of Sir Bobby

[snip] hate to do it but rules is rules. Feel free to search for it on another website, "Thank You for the Good Times"[i/]

it's very sad news indeed, i'm sat here with a tear in my eye  :'(

one of the best, a true gentleman who brought happiness to so many people the world over through his sheer enthusiasm and passion for football.

legend is a word that is said way too often, but it is the only word with which to describe sir bobby.

we were lucky to have had him here at st james.

He's not dead yet folks, so if he's at the Valencia game we all need to make him realize how much he means to us all!

here, here!