Sir Bobby: I'm Dying

Leazes1986

I don't think anyone in the game of football, when they speak, has an effect on me like Bobby Robson does. You just listen to him. I was absolutely psyched when he was on Look North a couple weeks back - it wasn't even an interesting scoop; can't remember what it was tbh. But i still turned the volume up, cos Bobby's speaking. Beaming smile on his face n'all, as ever.

Love the man so much and i hate to see him like that. :(

Read an article before that had a different picture in from the same day I think, absolutely gut wrenching.

Some positive news at least

"I am fighting my illness and I have just recently received some good news about my health and treatment.

"I have responded so well to recent treatment that the cancer has not progressed."

"Travelling is difficult for me these days and I have to always be assisted and chaperoned. However, I hope in the near future I can visit my beloved Ipswich Town."

The consolation (if any) is that Bobby probably wont be that bothered about his appearance. He says he's made his peace with his condition and that is inspiring i would imagine for other folk to suffer such a horrendous illness.

Keep going Bobby! I'll never forget those two games at Highbury and Elland Road that took us top of the league at Christmas.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not f***ing dead people and has had a great life, don't feel sorry for him man, that's the last thing he'd want from well wishers. Me... whenever I see his face I smile and think about all the great times we've had under him. I don't feel sad for him or saddened by what I see.

Speaking of which, in light of the cretin we have in charge now and his no show after the match to speak to the cameras....

I used to love watching wor Bobby's press conferences, he'd go off on a tangent and wouldn't let anyone have a word in edgeways, you could tell the interviewer was looking at his watch but didn't even dare say "look Bobby, we're running out of time", such was the respect and to be honest he was worth all that air-time anyway because he would come out with some gems and really insightful stuff, remember the quote about monks and the Big Market? :lol:

Many a time when we were live on Sky their programme would finish late due to Sir Bobby waffling away in his post-match interview, often without getting the other manager's thoughts in.

What a bloke, love him and feel a c*** for the odd times when I've been pissed off with him.

What a bloke, love him and feel a c*** for the odd times when I've been pissed off with him.

I know, that's what I was just thinking.  I must admit I got a pissed off towards the end of his reign, and though i never called for his sacking i didn't think it was a necessarily bad thing at the time.

But I was just talking today, I don't think I'll ever enjoy football again like I did in his time.  Of course sometime in my life, i expect we'll be good again, but i doubt it will ever be with a great geordie manager, geordieno.9 striker and legends like Solano that it was with him.  While i remember the latter keegan days, i wasn't old enough to appreciate it.

I know, that's what I was just thinking.  I must admit I got a pissed off towards the end of his reign, and though i never called for his sacking i didn't think it was a necessarily bad thing at the time.

But I was just talking today, I don't think I'll ever enjoy football again like I did in his time.  Of course sometime in my life, i expect we'll be good again, but i doubt it will ever be with a great geordie manager, geordieno.9 striker and legends like Solano that it was with him.  While i remember the latter keegan days, i wasn't old enough to appreciate it.

Just a few more years before Shearer as Manager, Geordie no.9 -Donaldson and legends like Nile Ranger

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think I ever called for his departure although I did believe strongly he needed moved upstairs. He should never have been sacked that season regardless and certainly not in the manner he was - we'd have finished comfortably that season.

I don't think I ever called for his departure although I did believe strongly he needed moved upstairs. He should never have been sacked that season regardless and certainly not in the manner he was - we'd have finished comfortably that season.

Don't understand why Shepherd came out during the summer and stated that Bobby's contract would not be renewed after the season, can't imagine that having a good effect on the squad.

I think my belief was that it was time for him to leave that summer, and with the time and our position at the time, get in a really good manager.  Sacking him a few games in, just after the transfer window was laughable though.  I think we'd have finished 5th-8th had he stayed.