Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Just seen the goal from the Crystal Palace game and he showed some great pace for that one. Yesterday was a bad performance overall from the whole team and Ranger didn't really shine when he came in, even though the game changed when he came in due to us playing with two strikers. Shame he was offside for his goal, perhaps it was due to lacking games and games situations if you know what I mean?

I'd like to see him start against Cardiff but not as a lone striker, but in a strike force with Loven. But who am I kidding, it will be Andy "I'm raising my arm when the ball is coming towards my head when I'm in the wall instead of just heading it" Carroll who gets the nod.

• 1 month later...

not going to get a look in between now and the end of season with lovenkrands and carroll at the top of their games and ameobi coming back. Hoy him in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Needs to be loaned out. Looks good on the pitch but lacks goals...

Needs a run of games more like, but he's not going to get that just yet. Everyone was slagging Andy Carroll off in the first half of the season and look at him now.

I thought (wrongly) that he would get more games as Hughton was going to try the large and large partnership attempted by Gullit... but getting Loven and Best meant that was not part of Chris' plans.

We may need to loan him out to get him a run... somewhere boring and remote to keep him out of trouble. Real Salt Lake City anyone?

at the stage he's at he needs football. seems to have some of the basics and raw ingredients, but he lacks match experience needed to be a real threat on the pitch. a loan, at least half a season long, is a must for next season.

Guest guinness_fiend

Needs a run of games more like, but he's not going to get that just yet. Everyone was slagging Andy Carroll off in the first half of the season and look at him now.

This.

No just the knee jerking folk, who couldn't understand he was playing as a lone striker most games away from home, where we hardly excel at retaining the ball and creating chances.  Even then he was still playing reasonably well. 

I'd love to see him loaned out to the championship club along with Kadar next season. rather than have the pair of them in the ressies/on the bench.

I think that with Kadar's versatility, it is likely he will see a fair bit of time next season, whether we are in the Premiership or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Fella who I was sitting next to at the match yesterday said Nile had been in some bother & that is why he is not in squad. Anyone herd out? Also said he has moved out of the city centre to Tynemouth iirc.

Happy Birthday Nile or as your mates say: Apy brthda Nile

Guest firetotheworks

All I know is that my sister's boyfriend is a doorman at Tup Tup, and whenever there seems to be bother, he's the common denominator.

Always causing bother it seems, another one if these Money burner/ripping fkers too, "am rich look what i can do". Its a shame coz he is a talent pity he cannot grow the fk up and see what a chance he had to have a very bright future.

Guest firetotheworks

If he's messing about, he's obviously not clever enough to realise that we're the only place where he stands any chance of success. It's not like he's Barton, and his past quality is an influence.

Guest Heneage

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a cunt and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

Seems a bit OTT to want to get rid of him based on absolutely fuck all other than tittle tattle and hearsay.

In a way I agree BUT a lot of what is being said seems to point and him being hated by the other players, he cannot sort himself out if he worth the bother ?

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a cunt and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

Guest Heneage

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a c*** and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

Carroll's run of games were in the Premier League not the Championship.

Guest firetotheworks

Seems a bit OTT to want to get rid of him based on absolutely f*** all other than tittle tattle and hearsay.

I hate ITK shit, but when it's in Tup Tup on a Friday, or Saturday night, you hardly need to be really. Not that I want to get rid, just that the signs point to it happening anyway. Lovenkrands has said no one can stand him, he gets into trouble when he's in Tup Tup, and Hughton has stopped playing him at all.

2+2=5 though, of course.