Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

If we get a favourable draw for the FA cup 3rd round I imagine that's when we'll first see him play for the first team. I very much doubt we'll be seeing him in the premier league at all this year, or even this season.. and if he does it'll most probably be through necessity rather than choice.

Really excited about Ranger though, he's a demon for the second string!

Only way to improve him, is to put him in higher levels, doing ok for the reserves and is owning it up at under 18. So next step is first team, even 10 mins here and there will help him loads.

We shouldn't push him up too fast I think. Experiencing the highest level, even if it's only as a late cameo sub, too fast could just kill his confidence.

Remember, Andy Carroll is a dominant striker at the reserve level. The first team is a huge step up.

Im confused as to why Southampton let him go (wasnt it something to do with him getting in trouble with the law? I dont know the full story) and also... Why Swindon didnt sign him!?

Is there any reason why we have signed a player who a poor league 1 side didnt want? Or is this just pot luck offering him a contract and he's just came good?

Im confused as to why Southampton let him go (wasnt it something to do with him getting in trouble with the law? I dont know the full story) and also... Why Swindon didnt sign him!?

Is there any reason why we have signed a player who a poor league 1 side didnt want? Or is this just pot luck offering him a contract and he's just came good?

According to Swindon fans they didn't turn him down, they offered him a deal but it was only worth £150 a week so he came here instead for £750 a week.

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,29728.0.html

It was on the first page...

Apparently he's a certified baller too, does that mean he's a potential Newcastle Eagles star of the future as well?

Sure he is, 4 goals per game - all score in the famous straight like a banana way  :lol:

In the eyes of the Ranger,

The unsuspecting stranger,

Had better know the truth of wrong from right,

'Cause the eyes of the Ranger are upon you,

Any wrong you do, he's gonna see,

When you are playing, look behind you,

'Cause that's where the Ranger gonna be.

.....?