Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He didn't score last night...

:no:

Must have been severely injured. Yet still he played for us. A true role model.

Indeed. You need to change your username, you're nothing compared to Da Custard

I use this name in honour of him tbh. It's a tribute.

I went to the reserve game on tuesday, young Ranger was rubbish, although to be fair he wasn't the only one, don't think any NUFC players would've got more than a 6.

Seen him a couple of times but last night he was completely off the pace, should've scored but dallied on the ball far too long and got tackled with the goal at his mercy from 12 yds.

Only bright spot of a poor performance was a tremendous header by Andy Carroll from an excellent Bassong cross that got us our equaliser.

Newcastle's Academy made it five wins in a row with a resounding 5-2 win over Huddersfield to stay top of their league.

And among the goals again was Nile Ranger with another hat-trick with Michael McCrudden and Conor Newton also on target.

It was 1-0 after just 64 seconds when a long ball caught out the Town defence and McCrudden ran on and fired home.

Ranger got his first after five minutes after beating two men and shooting past the 'keeper but Chippendale halved the arrears just three minutes later.

Midway through the first half United went 3-1 up when Ranger was left with a simple tap-in after the 'keeper fluffed his kick and McCrudden almost got his second in the 27th minute, hitting the bar from 20 yards.

It was 4-1 five minutes before the break when Newton volleyed home from a Ranger knock-down but two minutes later it was 4-2 when a backpass was intercepted.

There was just the one addition to the scoresheet after the break and it came in the 72nd minute when James Tavernier crossed for Ranger to complete his hat-trick from point blank range.

Guest The Libertine

i tried to avoid all this "omfg a banana" shit but he's doing far too well for one of our youth players. he may just be the chosen one.

Id stick him on the Bench in all fairness...he's banging them in.

hes the kind of player you'd bring if we were at least 2 goals up and we had no more strikers - I'd love to see that. At 17 hes raw as hell but with just 1 senior appearance under his belt it'd do wonders for confidence!

Oh and if people are complaining about his myspace or whatever, hes fucking 17 - most people are daft at that age so zip it. Gan on Nile!

Guest firetotheworks

Simply its a choice between him and Andy Carroll. In fact, its not even a choice, he should be in the squad.

Simply its a choice between him and Andy Carroll. In fact, its not even a choice, he should be in the squad.

well with owen, oba and shola all fit - xisco, smith and duke out, I don't think we much choice but to include them!