Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

How long's he been saying that for though.

Not that long, this is his first season anywhere near the team.

???

:lol:

Six appearances.

The lad's a busted flush, fuck him off.

Guest geordienorway

Good player, for an 18 years his general play is very good. Maybe not the quickest but very ipressed with his early performances, hold up play is very good as is his link up play. Very useful player.

Looks pretty quick to me, how fast do you want him to be able to go?

Aye, he looks rapid once he gets going. Eats up the ground. You'll not get many with his build with the brilliant acceleration.

why not?

Eh, genetical reasons?

What about Olympic sprinters who are much bigger and stronger than Ranger?

exactly

Why compare Ranger to sprinters though? How many 6ft 2-forwards have better acceleration than Ranger? You don't find to many imo, especially at his age. 

You suggested that because of his build, he was unlikely to have good acceleration. Speed over short distances comes from genetics or muscle mass. Ranger isn't even that big a guy anyway, so the point is obsolete to begin with.

You suggested that because of his build, he was unlikely to have good acceleration. Speed over short distances comes from genetics or muscle mass. Ranger isn't even that big a guy anyway, so the point is obsolete to begin with.

Not entirely. IIRC from my P.E. days an objects centre of gravity can have a large effect on acceleration and in tall people the centre of gravity is higher. Also, more friction is acting upon heavier people as well as more air resistance. You cannot possibly say it is all down to genetics and muscle mass. It included streamlining and turbulence and shite like that too.

Not entirely. IIRC from my P.E. days an objects centre of gravity can have a large effect on acceleration and in tall people the centre of gravity is higher. Also, more friction is acting upon heavier people as well as more air resistance. You cannot possibly say it is all down to genetics and muscle mass. It included streamlining and turbulence and shite like that too.

Just look at a set of sprinters, most of them are fairly tall with loads of muscle mass. Alot is down to genetics aswell, people with a lot of fast twitch muscle fibres can generate greater short bursts of strength and speed but have poorer stamina. It's pretty obvious Ranger is built like that from his jumping and acceleration and the fact that naturally he seems to tire quite quickly.

97 pages on nile ranger.

even phil k couldn't disagree if people took the piss out of us for this.

The best bit is that there's only been like.. 6-7 pages since he actually got a first team appearance :lol:

It is crazy like, nearly 100 pages and people still take the ranger love super serious !

I dislike how he's become popular with the masses these days. His Facebook fan page went from 300 to 700 when he made his first start, soon people will be all "Have you heard about Ranger like?!" when we've heard about him since the day he signed. Cunts.

It is crazy like, nearly 100 pages and people still take the ranger love super serious !

I dislike how he's become popular with the masses these days. His Facebook fan page went from 300 to 700 when he made his first start, soon people will be all "Have you heard about Ranger like?!" when we've heard about him since the day he signed. c***s.

I hate it when an underground movement sells out and goes all mainstream.

I dislike how he's become popular with the masses these days. His Facebook fan page went from 300 to 700 when he made his first start, soon people will be all "Have you heard about Ranger like?!" when we've heard about him since the day he signed. c***s.

I hate it when an underground movement sells out and goes all mainstream.

Yeah thats what I think about music, as soon as they are popular I lose interest.  Baheng and Danquah are the future imo, Ranger is too commercial now, lost his raw style that made him famous amongst us hardcores.

Will he score once we get to 100 pages?

I think we're collectively placing too much importance on the lengths of threads have related to real world events. I'm guilty of it too, I told my girlfriend I'd propose to her once GM had made a thread interesting enough to get to 10 pages. I figure I'm pretty safe.

I dislike how he's become popular with the masses these days. His Facebook fan page went from 300 to 700 when he made his first start, soon people will be all "Have you heard about Ranger like?!" when we've heard about him since the day he signed. Cunts.

I'm still pretty safe, most people still have no idea who he is, saying that I've seen quite a lot of Ranger 30 shirts around.