Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

I dont think Ranger will start tomorrow, can see Best up front with Nolan off him.  Guthrie and Tiote also in a five man midfield.

I like Ranger off the bench, his physical attributes make him a useful impact player.

The problem with having a five man midfield is which midfielder out of that lot will actually get beyond Best to score? Nolan's goals come mainly from set pieces where Shola/Carroll cause havoc and he picks up the pieces. Unless we are going for a 0-0 draw I would use Lovenkrands alongside Best and stick with 4-4-2.

Has to start.

Better as an impact sub IMO.

agreed. was excellent today, and has been a real impact off the bench in other matches, but he's not performed when started.

however ranger and best seem to be close friends  and i think they could build up a good understanding pretty quickly. might be something to consider.

agreed. was excellent today, and has been a real impact off the bench in other matches, but he's not performed when started.

however ranger and best seem to be close friends  and i think they could build up a good understanding pretty quickly. might be something to consider.

He's started 3 cup games this season and he scored in one of those.

Did brilliantly today. The chance he had when he turned Squillaci then powered his shot away was the cleanest I've seen him hit the ball, great play. The way he chested the ball down to Nolan in the last minute was also superb.

Did brilliantly today. The chance he had when he turned Squillaci then powered his shot away was the cleanest I've seen him hit the ball, great play. The way he chested the ball down to Nolan in the last minute was also superb.

That Nolan chance would have been a beautiful goal