Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Ranger was also scoring a lot of goals at the U and reserv level.

Right now I wouldn´t loan him out next season. Have him as an impact sub. As been said. Already he seems to be getting better. Right now its basically the goals that are missing.

Its just a shame. Because him and Carroll would have been unstoppable.

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Nile Ranger withdrawn from #England Under-20 squad with injury. Given the lack of options at #NUFC, it's to be hoped it's not a serious one.

Fucking hell :lol:

Hopefully it's an 'injury'. Wouldn't surprise me.

He is BETTER than Caroll. Carroll was NOWHERE near this level at the age of 19.

He was.  Sorry.

There is NO way Carroll was better as this age, I think we've all got a bit of nostalgia filter for Carroll cause 2 years ago I'm pretty sure everybody wanted to sell him as all he could do was head a ball, he had no first touch or anything

Totally agree. The few games he played in the relegation season, he was poor. It's quite ironic. The relegation gave Carroll the chance to play for one whole season in a league that is not so fast as PL. And that season Carroll was born as a player. Without the relegation, it's not sure that Carrol ever would have gotten the chance. So it's essential that Ranger his loaned next season. That will do him good, as long as he keeps his head straight that is

He was.  Sorry.

No chance.

He was, he was tearing up teams in the reserves at that age but never got his chance because we actually had decent striking opitions, at one point he got so good it was almost unfair for other teams in the reserves that we play him.

He was.  Sorry.

No chance.

He was, he was tearing up teams in the reserves at that age but never got his chance because we actually had decent striking opitions, at one point he got so good it was almost unfair for other teams in the reserves that we play him.

Yes but if we take facts Ranger is playing well in the PL and has had no whole season with first team strikers getting injured and thus hasn't able to have as much experience as Carroll got. Based on that and the fact that he is playing very well when he comes on at only 19 at the same Ranger is better.

Besides the reserves?????????

It's a WHOLE different game being in the PL.

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Nile Ranger withdrawn from #England Under-20 squad with injury. Given the lack of options at #NUFC, it's to be hoped it's not a serious one.

Fucking hell :lol:

Hopefully it's an 'injury'. Wouldn't surprise me.

I think it's almost certain that's the case.

that's one hell of a leap he has on him.

He's an exceptional athlete. I think part of the problem is he hasn't had to work too hard at his game or acquire much self-discipline in order to get where he has. The challenge seems to be to persuade him to put in that extra bit of work and concentration that will make the difference between a top player and a journeyman professional.

probs posted elsewere but FA wanted to give him 1 match ban for not reporting to u19s and letting them check his "injury", then they found out smalling from man utd did the same and bottled the idea.

that's one hell of a leap he has on him.

He's an exceptional athlete. I think part of the problem is he hasn't had to work too hard at his game or acquire much self-discipline in order to get where he has. The challenge seems to be to persuade him to put in that extra bit of work and concentration that will make the difference between a top player and a journeyman professional.

Put perfectly. Nile oozes ability but it's all going to be about attitude with him as to whether me makes it at the highest level.

some quotes from pardew on ranger

“Nile could be a key player between now and the end of the year, a key player.

“We keep talking to him about professionalism, and his timekeeping’s improved, and his training-ground standards are improving.

“That bodes well – he’ll improve as a player. He’ll only get better.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/15/pardew-managing-nufc-more-than-just-a-job-72703-28172836/2/#ixzz1E3CnDgPt

good to hear he's sorting things like punctuality out

some quotes from pardew on ranger

“Nile could be a key player between now and the end of the year, a key player.

“We keep talking to him about professionalism, and his timekeeping’s improved, and his training-ground standards are improving.

“That bodes well – he’ll improve as a player. He’ll only get better.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/15/pardew-managing-nufc-more-than-just-a-job-72703-28172836/2/#ixzz1E3CnDgPt

good to hear he's sorting things like punctuality out

Really positive.  Good on him and Pardew.