Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

His progress was fitful, but the minute he was handed that contract, his progress stopped.

I guess it was a gamble that hasn't paid off. I still think that he had the potential to reach the very top of the game, so I can understand the decision.

I do think he could have been a very good player, he is strong and quick but had some decent technique that could have been worked on. He bottled it finishing at the top level but if he wasn't such a cunt this also could have been worked on.

I still think that he had the potential to reach the very top of the game, so I can understand the decision.

Really? Based on what exactly?

I think Cajun has summed him up. You don't often see a player of that size and strength also possessing that kind of pace. He had the raw material.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's worked hard enough at his game. He doesn't seem to have the right attitude to self-improvement.

I still think that he had the potential to reach the very top of the game, so I can understand the decision.

Really? Based on what exactly?

I think Cajun has summed him up. You don't often see a player of that size and strength also possessing that kind of pace.

Give over, man. Such players are ten a penny in Africa.

Guest neesy111

Been dropped by his agent.

And he has his mates waking him up in a morning so he stops missing training and getting fined :lol:

:jesuswept:

Nile Ranger is on his last warning now

by Mark Douglas

TROUBLED Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been handed a final written warning by the club.

Newcastle have taken the extraordinary step of disciplinary action over his persistent lateness, which leaves Ranger’s Newcastle career hanging by a thread.

Ranger has four years left on a lucrative five-and-a-half year contract, but has angered United with his attitude of late. Sources have revealed to The Journal that Ranger was even late to a disciplinary meeting called to discuss his behaviour that involved a PFA representative recently.

In a further worrying development, the 21-year-old has also been dropped by his agent – who has taken the decision not to renew the player’s representation contract.

It is an alarming fall from grace for Ranger, who was playing in the Premier League two years ago but is now facing serious disciplinary sanctions by Newcastle.

Last week Alan Pardew accused Ranger of “letting down” his fellow professionals with his persistent tardiness – which sees the striker regularly turn up for training more than half an hour after players are due to report. And it has now reached the stage where Newcastle are considering their options.

The player, who was given a chance by Pardew at first, has been banned from training with the first team and will not be considered for first team duty until he is on time for six straight weeks. He said: “This guy is late so often, it is unbelievable.

“He’s still at this football club and we’re still trying to do something with him.

“But he will still not get back in the team unless he has a period of six weeks where he isn’t late. I don’t think it is going to happen.”

Yet on Monday morning the forward took to his Twitter account to say “I’d pay good money to stay in bed this morning” at around 9am in another ill-advised missive from the wayward forward.

The striker is understood to be injured at the moment but is close to returning.

Newcastle have made him available for loan but there are no interested clubs – and the forward has blocked one potential exit route by rejecting a move to Sheffield Wednesday.

In a move that exasperated his parent club, Ranger opted to stay at Newcastle even though Owls manager Dave Jones had offered him the chance of Championship football at Hillsborough.

Ranger is understood to have missed a deadline to make a decision because he wanted better terms from the Owls.

Ranger’s slide into his current predicament has been as depressing as it has alarming. In 2009 he was feted as the English Emmanuel Adebayor and won caps for England Under-19s after making incredible progress in the reserve and Academy teams.

After Alan Shearer spotted his raw potential in the reserves, Ranger spoke of making the most of a chance that he was “grateful” for.

Aware that he was attracting covetous glances from Manchester City, Bolton Wanderers and West Brom, Newcastle took the decision to reward him with a long-term contract and, for a time, it looked as though the gamble was paying off.

He made a fine impact from the bench after Pardew’s appointment in 2010 and even made a first start against Aston Villa in April of that year.

Then the striker was pictured on the front of a national newspaper with a replica handgun and Newcastle decided to transfer-list the forward.

He rejected a move to Blackpool last summer and, despite loan spells at Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday, has not been able to fight his way back into the Newcastle reckoning.

Now even loyal supporters like his representatives appear to have tired of a player who has been given plenty of chances to correct his behaviour.

Source

Nile Ranger is on his last warning now

by Mark Douglas

Ranger has four years left on a lucrative five-and-a-half year contract, but has angered United with his attitude of late. Sources have revealed to The Journal that Ranger was even late to a disciplinary meeting called to discuss his behaviour that involved a PFA representative recently.

Source

Taking the fucking piss :lol:

Guest neesy111

I get the impression that the club are unable to rip up his contract, so what comes after a final written warning? More fines? Whatever his behaviour, looks like the little c*nt is quids in and laughing.

Tells me, they are looking for alternative ways to rip up his contract.

I get the impression that the club are unable to rip up his contract, so what comes after a final written warning? More fines? Whatever his behaviour, looks like the little c*nt is quids in and laughing.

After a final warning its the sack.

Has there been other players from other clubs who have been sacked for disciplinary reasons. I know this is a different circumstance, but I thought adrian mutu was sacked by chelsea for failing a drugs test, but it says on wiki he was released...cant think of any others.

At least he can be used as a poster boy for kids wasting amazing opportunities. Bet every kid that comes through the academy will be told "don't mess it up like Nile."