Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

• 1 month later...
Guest TruToon94

:lol: Leeds, what a car crash. That club could disappear.

Most bizzare thing I've ever seen is Dave Hockaday getting the job! Manager who got sacked from a conference club going to a team like Leeds is insanity. Bit like a league one manager who got sacked coming into a Premier League club....

Disgusting that people like him keep getting chance after chance.

They'll continue to do so as well.

It's not just Ranger. Look at Ched Evans, he'll waltz back into a job at Sheffield United like he didn't rape a woman.

It's not just Ranger. Look at Ched Evans, he'll waltz back into a job at Sheffield United like he didn't rape a woman.

The world would be a poorer place if criminals weren't allowed to rebuild their lives after serving their time.

The world would be a poorer place if criminals weren't allowed to rebuild their lives after serving their time.

Only if people are really rehabilitated and know of the results of their actions.

Morals are fine as long as a few million pound notes aren't involved.

He's served the punishment handed down, he should be free to go on with his life however he sees fit.  If you think the punishment wasn't strong enough then that's an issue to take up with the politicians and the judiciary but a man shouldn't continue to be punished after he's served his time.

What is the point of prison if you want people to be unemployable after they are released? I don't think Evans or Ranger are threats to society as a whole, Evans especially served his time after a very contentious trial. They should be allowed to continue using their talents. Ranger, however, has proven to be a fairly terrible employee who consistently defies authority and fails to show up for engagements. I'm stunned he is getting a chance at that high a level after his antics last season.

What is the point of prison if you want people to be unemployable after they are released. I don't think Evans or Ranger are threats to society as a whole, Evans especially served his time after a very contentious trial. They should be allowed to continue using their talents. Ranger, however, has proven to be a fairly terrible employee who consistently defies authority and fails to show up for engagements. I'm stunned he is getting a chance at that high a level after his antics last season.

I think thats more of the case point really. Evans has done his time, regardless of if he's admitted guilt. Ranger hasn't served his time, well he has in youth offending and there has been no change to his behaviour and attitude. Two different cases. Myself I only believe in rehabilitation once a person admits guilt and feels guilt. Thats a whole different debate though and far away from football.

I disagree with them not being a threat to society. Ranger has been arrested for assault, and other things like speeding which is a threat when he could crab his car, knock someone over etc. Evans was found guilty of raping a young women, those to me are evidence of their threats in society. Only in Evans case could you argue he is no longer a threat as he has done his time and could be rehabilitated.

What is the point of prison if you want people to be unemployable after they are released. I don't think Evans or Ranger are threats to society as a whole, Evans especially served his time after a very contentious trial. They should be allowed to continue using their talents. Ranger, however, has proven to be a fairly terrible employee who consistently defies authority and fails to show up for engagements. I'm stunned he is getting a chance at that high a level after his antics last season.

I think thats more of the case point really. Evans has done his time, regardless of if he's admitted guilt. Ranger hasn't served his time, well he has in youth offending and there has been no change to his behaviour and attitude. Two different cases. Myself I only believe in rehabilitation once a person admits guilt and feels guilt. Thats a whole different debate though and far away from football.

If you don't like his attitude or behaviour then don't employ him.  I personally think Blackpool are fools for taking him on and it'll bite them in the ass but it's their decision.

If you don't like his attitude or behaviour then don't employ him.  I personally think Blackpool are fools for taking him on and it'll bite them in the ass but it's their decision.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that Evans is the only you could say has learnt his lesson and paid his time, Ranger hasn't.

:lol: Leeds, what a car crash. That club could disappear.

Most bizzare thing I've ever seen is Dave Hockaday getting the job! Manager who got sacked from a conference club going to a team like Leeds is insanity. Bit like a league one manager who got sacked coming into a Premier League club....

:lol: But that would never happen :yao:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...