Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Don't think that's true is it? Came from a shit account didn't it saying he failed a test for cocaine and mushrooms ffs. Pretty sure clubs wont be testing for magic mushrooms.

I'd be pretty surprised if they did.

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/mushrooms/drugtests.htm

Most corporate and sports testing programs use a basic drug test to check for 5 types of substances: amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, PCP and cannabinoids. It does not commonly test for the presence of psilocybin and psilocin, the primary psychoactive substances in magic mushrooms. The same goes for the extended employment drug tests employed by most companies.

However, testing for psiclocybin can be done once it is specifically requested, especially in cases of probation for a mushroom-related offense. These tests are more comprehensive and are ultimately more expensive than your standard drug test.

The day this idiot found lying in his own sick in a gutter completely and utterly broke will be a joyous day.

Dunno, don't reckon i'll be that arsed.

This. Barely recognise him as an ex Toon player, tbh.

It's quite amazing how much footballers over here can get away with. He is essentially a nothing player, but despite what he's done, he still gets opportunities to play football at a pretty decent level, and for a good pay. This guy was caught on camera punching a woman, it's amazing to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Even more of wanker now as he likes Owen!

Nile Ranger has admitted he “messed up” his big chance at Newcastle United but thanked the senior players for trying to help him develop.

The former Newcastle striker, who left the club in 2013 before first joining Swindon Town and then current side Blackpool, believes he was given an opportunity to develop on Tyneside but wasted it.

Ranger, now under the tutelage of United hero Lee Clark at Blackpool, told TangerineTV: “Newcastle was definitely good, it put my name out there and they gave me a chance – a big chance, but I sort of messed it up to be honest.

“But obviously everyone makes mistakes in life. I was young, I was getting a lot of money coming in, I was doing stupid things.

“Now it’s time to focus because I’m not getting any younger, I’m 23.”

Despite his struggles on and off the pitch pre- and post-Newcastle, Ranger praised the senior strikers he played alongside, including the likes of Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Mark Viduka but reserved special praise for Michael Owen.

He said: “The likes of Demba Ba came in, Cisse was there. I was there when Mark Viduka was there, Owen, they used to all pull me aside and talk to me.

“MO (Owen), he’s a top bloke. He used to pull me aside and talk to me and say I need to focus but to fair when I was younger I thought I had it all.

“It would go in one ear and out of the other, I wasn’t really taking it in, which is silly but it’s good to know that players the likes of Michael Owen care and they see potential and they try to help.”

• 2 weeks later...

Ex-Newcastle United player Nile Ranger questioned by police after row on the middle of a Motorway.

The former Premier League footballer is said to have been driving along the M55 near Preston on Friday night when he got into an argument with his girlfriend - who was in a separate car.

:lol:

Numbskull.

Ex-Newcastle United player Nile Ranger questioned by police after row on the middle of a Motorway.

The former Premier League footballer is said to have been driving along the M55 near Preston on Friday night when he got into an argument with his girlfriend - who was in a separate car.

:lol:

In a different car ffs :lol:

• 2 weeks later...