Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He can't have a Wiki until he makes an appearance in a competitive first team game.

neither have Tozer or Kadar amongst many other players but have all got wiki pages

Tozer has played first team games for Swindon, Kadar with his former Hungarian team.

Nile Euro Dreams Dashed

NILE Ranger was unable to spark an England comeback following his second-half introduction as hosts Ukraine ran out 2-0 winners in the final of the Under-19 European Championships.

The Three Lions were already trailing by two when the Newcastle United forward emerged from the bench with 26 minutes left on the clock.

But, despite his best efforts, the Eastern Europeans held on to lift the trophy.

Ranger now returns to Tyneside where he will join preparations for Saturday's season-opener at West Brom.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1741577,00.html

Toon ace Ranger floors Spartans

Aug 4 2009  By Lee Ryder at Croft Park

NEWCASTLE United's young guns finally killed off Blyth Spartans in stoppage time after an entertaining affair at Croft Park tonight as the Magpies ran out 4-2 winners.

Ranger came off the bench after starring for England Under-19s in the European Championship final at the weekend and bagged a deserved goal in injury time when he held off two defenders and fired past Mark Bell with Blyth pressing for an equaliser.

Haris Vuckic's wonderful opener had Blyth chasing the game in the fourth minute but Adrian Webster's left footed angled shot made it 1-1 six minutes before the break.

Wes Ngo Baheng fired home left footed five minutes after the interval and Blyth keeper Mark Bell fumbled Kazenga LuaLua's shot three minutes later to make it 3-1 to United.

But Blyth set up a tense finish when Chris McCabe's looping header flew past Ole Soderberg before Ranger sealed it late on in front of a 1,311 crowd.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/04/toon-ace-ranger-floors-spartans-72703-24318057/

Toon ace Ranger floors Spartans, haha not quite he was only on the pitch for about 15 mins max, only touched the ball about a dozen times!!!  could've had a hat trick mind, went close with two other  efforts before he scored

He must play a decent part this season, we'd be hard pressed to get ourselves as promising a youngster now.

And although United have concerns about expecting too much, too soon from Londoner Ranger, who has been away with England for the last fortnight in eastern Europe, the teenage striker is desperate to be part of Newcastle's opener at the Hawthorns

He told the Chronicle: That's what I am aiming for. It's great playing for England, but I was dying to get back to Newcastle

It's an awesome experience playing for England Everybody would love to play for England and I'm no different Ukraine was a good experience, but it was very hot and the food wasn't very nice. I am just buzzing to be back, come on and score. Now I'm just hoping to be on the bus on Friday to go to West Brom, I don't know if I will be in the squad and I won't take anything for granted. I just have to show Chris Hughton what I've got.

Desperate to get a black and white shirt on even after tiring internationals, he's like a reverse Micheal Owen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/aug/06/championship-five-best-young-players

Nile Ranger, Newcastle United, Striker, 18

One thing Alan Shearer did succeed in persuading Mike Ashley to do during his short time in charge of Newcastle United was to give Ranger a new three-and-a-half year contract. "Nile's going to have a big role to play at this club," said Shearer of the pacey, 6ft 2in, England youth international who could not stop scoring  for Newcastle's academy and reserve sides last season, leading to his team-mates to coin the chant "Ranger is the danger". Born in London and sentenced to 11 weeks in a youth offenders institute for his part in a street robbery as a 15-year-old, Ranger had stints at Southampton and Swindon before the then director of football Dennis Wise brought him to Tyneside. Ranger is expected to break into Newcastle's first team this season and, when he does, Championship defenders are unlikely to forget him.