Nile Ranger

stozo

Carroll at least attacked balls in the penalty area from the off, even at 18. Ranger doesn't, and when he does they end up in row z. He doesn't look like a striker and the club are to blame for this.

Funny how you never said anything about Carroll like this at the time, you just ranted about how s*** he was, just like you do with Ranger.

Well that's made-up nonsense, for a start. I've never once ranted about Ranger.

I've been saying he's got talent, but shouldn't be here. It's common sense.

Williamson's reputation on here changed pretty abruptly on wednesday night.

He's looked out of his depth numerous times this season, just glad I'm not the only person criticising him anymore.

Yeah balls to hoping he improves lets all be thankful that more people are getting on his back :lol:

got to agree with Ronaldo here. given the relative standard of the opposition, carroll looked far better, in relation to championship teams, than Ranger has against premiership sides. At this point last season carroll looked like a mediocre championship targetman. If Ranger looked like a mediocre premiership striker i'd have no qualms giving him more game time, but he's nowhere near the likes of your average prem striker ie rodallega, zamora, davies, elmander, crouch, carew etc.

needs to get some experience and learn to be a goal threat (something which is missing atm) in the championship or league one. unfortunately we're not in a position to loan him out atm so the discussion is academic and he'll probably be starting soon.

got to agree with Ronaldo here. given the relative standard of the opposition, carroll looked far better, in relation to championship teams, than Ranger has against premiership sides. At this point last season carroll looked like a mediocre championship targetman. If Ranger looked like a mediocre premiership striker i'd have no qualms giving him more game time, but he's nowhere near the likes of your average prem striker ie rodallega, zamora, davies, elmander, crouch, carew etc.

needs to get some experience and learn to be a goal threat (something which is missing atm) in the championship or league one. unfortunately we're not in a position to loan him out atm so the discussion is academic and he'll probably be starting soon.

And when Carroll first appeared in the Premier League?

Let's be fair, there can't be many people who predicted Carroll would improve so much and so quickly. Can only make judgements on what you see and Ranger isn't doing the business at the minute.

Even Wenger admitted he was surprised at how Carroll has come on and he has a dossier on nearly everbody old enough to kick a ball.

Let's be fair, there can't be many people who predicted Carroll would improve so much and so quickly. Can only make judgements on what you see and Ranger isn't doing the business at the minute.

Even Wenger admitted he was surprised at how Carroll has come on and he has a dossier on nearly everbody old enough to kick a ball.

Wenger knows every player that's ever lived ever.

And when Carroll first appeared in the Premier League?

that was ages ago, which is my point. it's taken a number of years for carroll to get where he is now. imo Ranger now is roughly comparable to carroll 3 years ago at preston or 2 years ago in the relegation season and like carroll needs to drop down a level first. carroll wasn't even ready 2 years ago when we went down, despite one or two promising signs then (ie away at stoke).

All people are saying is that he's better than Lovenkrands but still out of his depth at this level. It's not harsh, it's the truth. The lad was very unconvincing to say the least in The Championship. It's laughable that he's getting minutes at this level.

Did you not say the same about Carroll? ???

fucking idiots man.

Carroll is absolute shite and anyone who cant see that needs a kick up the arse.

Indeed. Ronaldo's constant "I'm right and everyone else is a fucking idiot" spiel is becoming increasingly tiresome iyam.

Nail. Head.

Some of us can admit when we're wrong. Others perpetuate their petty little long-standing grudges against players to the point they start imagining/fabricating mistakes.

:lol: Just noticed the mirror?

Some of us can admit when we're wrong. Others perpetuate their petty little long-standing grudges against players to the point they start imagining/fabricating mistakes.

:lol: Just noticed the mirror?

These meta-Ronaldo comments have been appearing at a frankly amazing frequency as of late.

It's laughable that he's getting minutes at this level.

Don't agree with that per se - it's laughable that he's our best forward option from the bench, but not the fact he's making appearances. I'd still have him on there though, and in games such as Sunderland and Arsenal it can only aid his development by giving him minutes. Him getting an entire half against Blackburn just highlights how short we are in the forward department.

It's laughable that he's getting minutes at this level.

Don't agree with that per se - it's laughable that he's our best forward option from the bench, but not the fact he's making appearances. I'd still have him on there though, and in games such as Sunderland and Arsenal it can only aid his development by giving him minutes. Him getting an entire half against Blackburn just highlights how short we are in the forward department.

Well, yeah, that's precisely my point.

There's a difference between "getting minutes" and being our Plan B attacker, though. Marchena used to "get minutes" for Spain and had that mental record of never being on the losing side till recently - mainly because he only played the last five minutes of each game and rarely a full game or even a half.

Nobody is saying that it's his fault, man.

And i've no problem with him getting 5 minutes at Arsenal, it's the 45 minutes against Blackburn and 15 against Fulham when we need momentum/a goal that pisses me off.

As i've said, i'd far rather have him in the side than Lovenkrands. Our striking options are beyond a joke.

He has been slated on here not by all but some.. Would be great for our young players to be able to come on in a match where the pressure is off and they can just have a go, must effect their game when there is so much riding o how they play.

And i've no problem with him getting 5 minutes at Arsenal, it's the 45 minutes against Blackburn and 15 against Fulham when we need momentum/a goal that pisses me off.

As i've said, i'd far rather have him in the side than Lovenkrands. Our striking options are beyond a joke.

I heard you the 3,753rd time.

:lol: star strikers for 3/4 of the league :lol: all of those players, when fit and in form, would be first names on the team sheet for every team (bar Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd) in the division, even Crouch :lol:

Your point might be valid, but the examples should probably be Jerome, Roberts, Doyle, Fuller etc.