Nile Ranger

stozo

Still nervous as fuck at times, needs to be a lot stronger but very impressive cameo imo. Made a big difference to our attacking options.

Don't agree with that at all. He got Koscielny sent off due to his strength and did something very similar to Ivanovic today too.

Still nervous as fuck at times, needs to be a lot stronger but very impressive cameo imo. Made a big difference to our attacking options.

Don't agree with that at all. He got Koscielny sent off due to his strength and did something very similar to Ivanovic today too.

Got bossed off the ball by someone a lot smaller too today at one point. Don't get me wrong, he isn't Walter the Softy but he would improve if got a lot stronger. It will come though, like Carroll.

Guest Heneage

Still nervous as f*** at times, needs to be a lot stronger but very impressive cameo imo. Made a big difference to our attacking options.

Got bossed off the ball by someone a lot smaller too today at one point. Don't get me wrong, he isn't Walter the Softy but he would improve if got a lot stronger. It will come though, like Carroll.

It was to Ramires who is a fair few inches shorter than him and quite a small frame.

Obviously I know he's shite, out of his depth, no-hoper in the Premier League, bad attitude and steals from old ladies but he consistently frightens good sides when he comes off the bench.

Steals sweets too.

Definitely a very good player in there, sometimes looks like he doesn't know what to do but that's natural given his lack of experience.

He has a lot to work with and is still very young (which makes it even more mental a few seem to have written him off already), with games he has a lot of potential to be very good and would actually suit Carroll imo.

His reluctance to shoot today when he went through reminded me of a certain young kid who didn't take the opportunity to shoot against Chelsea to beat them a few years ago and everyone said he would never make it...

Could potentially have been in more match winning situations if only Jonas knew how to fucking play a pacy player through instead of running until he loses the ball.

Fucking hell, I'd just managed to calm myself down thinking about that :lol:

:dave:

Guest Heneage

His reluctance to shoot today when he went through reminded me of a certain young kid who didn't take the opportunity to shoot against Chelsea to beat them a few years ago and everyone said he would never make it...

Never understood this reluctance to shoot from players.

Ranger did more in 13 minutes than Shola managed in the previous 77.  I couldn’t understand why he wasn’t on at half time as Shola spent most of the game strolling around the centre circle.  He'll never improve if he's not given enough game time in which to work with the players around him.

Obviously I know he's shite, out of his depth, no-hoper in the Premier League, bad attitude and steals from old ladies but he consistently frightens good sides when he comes off the bench.

Steals sweets too.

Definitely a very good player in there, sometimes looks like he doesn't know what to do but that's natural given his lack of experience.

He has a lot to work with and is still very young (which makes it even more mental a few seem to have written him off already), with games he has a lot of potential to be very good and would actually suit Carroll imo.

Agree with both Cajun and Wullie. Say what you like about him but the lad's a good footballer, he brings other people into the game. Not many 6ft centre forwards would look good on the wing, which is where Hughton has played him in some games this season but he has still done well. He has presence.

Taking into account Shola's performance I would deffo think about Bringing Ranger on next week around the 60 min mark after seeing whether Jekyll ameobi or Hyde ameobi turns up???

He did everything well yesterday so I will eat some humble pie and hope he continues in this way...

Fingers crossed!

As desperate as he is for a loan deal... i'm coming around to the idea that these PL appearances are going to make him a better player in the long run. Having sampled a considerable amount of top defenses, he'll have a greater chance of succeeding at a League 1 club. Cameos like this won't make a huge difference to his development, but it'll improve his instincts as a striker - at the very least. That will make him a huge danger a couple tiers down. If he starts tearing shit up in the Championship or League 1, he'll be good to go.

I don't think he'll reach Carroll's standard but i'm excited to see what he's like in three years time. We've got to be spot on with the development with this lad, cos he really could go either way. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I don't think he'll reach Carroll's standard but i'm excited to see what he's like in three years time. We've got to be spot on with the development with this lad, cos he really could go either way. 

Life on the Match of the Day sofa awaits you.

Giving him 15 minutes when we're trying to kill the game won't do much for his striking instincts. I still want to see him out on loan, but it won't happen, not with the abysmal alternatives. I just hope that now Best's back we've truly seen the end of Lovenkrands.

Giving him 15 minutes when we're trying to kill the game won't do much for his striking instincts. I still want to see him out on loan, but it won't happen, not with the abysmal alternatives. I just that now Best's back we've truly seen the end of Lovenkrands.

This is a good point for sure, he needs to play up front for solid amounts of time. As you say though, the problem is that we can't loan him out.

Giving him 15 minutes when we're trying to kill the game won't do much for his striking instincts. I still want to see him out on loan, but it won't happen, not with the abysmal alternatives. I just hope that now Best's back we've truly seen the end of Lovenkrands.

I don't know what you're expecting from Best, to be honest.

Shocking player, no better than Lovenkrands.