Nile Ranger

stozo

What I remember about him is that, for a big, strong lad, he was very quick. He was an exceptional athlete and sound enough technically to have had a great career.

The basics were there, but as soon as he'd made it to a certain level and he'd secured that contract, there was no need to put in any further effort, as far as he was concerned. If you stop going forward, you go backwards, and it looks like that journey never stopped.

The sad thing for him is that he'll never know how good he could have been.

• 6 months later...

My last interaction with Ranger was him spamming my WhatsApp an entire evening begging me to loan him £5k stating he was "good for it" and would "pay it back after the weekend". That was about 9-10 months ago, I'm honestly amazed he didn't get killed/beaten into a pulp by whoever he owned £5k to that night :lol: 

• 3 months later...

Coincidentally he was at Newcastle the same time I was at uni up there - met a girl on a night out who said Nile has house parties every weekend you really should come to one

That was when I knew he was a write off.

23 hours ago, Menace said:

Coincidentally he was at Newcastle the same time I was at uni up there - met a girl on a night out who said Nile has house parties every weekend you really should come to one

That was when I knew he was a write off.

Tino’s (snr!) house parties were legendary as well. Still managed, occasional incident aside, to take care of the day job. 

8 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Tino’s (snr!) house parties were legendary as well. Still managed, occasional incident aside, to take care of the day job. 

That powder didn't march itself. 

Most of the posts in this thread are so pathetically spiteful and vindictive.

Good luck to him, hope he can get himself on track. 

Edited by Roids

The saddest thing about his whole situation is we all knew exactly how it was going to play out. You could've written it down when he started acting like a tit, put it in a time capsule, open it now and it would have played out word-for-word:

- Choose lifestyle over football

- Believe your own hype

- Start making shit choices to impress the wrong people

- Bite the hands that feed you 

- Waste your talent and end up a journeyman plodder 

- Mature

- Regret the chance you've wasted

- Come out to the media saying you wish you had done things differently

I'm sure 1000 people in the game told him this would be his path at the time, but there's just no telling some people. You've just got to wash your hands of it, sit back and watch it play out like clockwork.

What could have been....

On 12/09/2024 at 11:30, Holmesy said:

The saddest thing about his whole situation is we all knew exactly how it was going to play out. You could've written it down when he started acting like a tit, put it in a time capsule, open it now and it would have played out word-for-word:

- Choose lifestyle over football

- Believe your own hype

- Start making shit choices to impress the wrong people

- Bite the hands that feed you 

- Waste your talent and end up a journeyman plodder 

- Mature

- Regret the chance you've wasted

- Come out to the media saying you wish you had done things differently

I'm sure 1000 people in the game told him this would be his path at the time, but there's just no telling some people. You've just got to wash your hands of it, sit back and watch it play out like clockwork.

What could have been....

Not sure there has been much evidence of him maturing? Still managed to not turn up to sessions at Southend a couple of years ago.... albeit that football club has been an absolute shit show for a few years. Fingers crossed the new owners turn it around. 

He is 33 now. If he’s turned himself around, then it’s far too late for his football career.

The only hope is that he doesn’t become a thug who is robbing old grannies and punching every lass who is unlucky enough to get into a relationship with him.

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

The only hope is that he doesn’t become a thug who is robbing old grannies and punching every lass who is unlucky enough to get into a relationship with him.

:spit: