Sunday Gossip

Thespence

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Liverpool's American owners will attempt to win back Rafa Benitez's trust with an £18million bid for Valencia winger David Silva. Manchester United are ready to hijack the deal with ther own £20million bid and Arsenal are also interested.

Real Madrid are ready to hit Cristiano Ronaldo with a £17million compensation claim for refusing to join them. The Spanish club are claiming that Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes struck the astonishing deal with them at the start of the summer transfer saga.

Rafa Benitez has already swung the Anfield axe before Liverpool's Champions League qualifier by dumping striker Andriy Voronin.

Everton are closing in on their first major summer signing - Brazilian striker Vagner Love.

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he will always be at war with Real Madrid over their sly bid to steal away Cristiano Ronaldo.

West Ham are considering a £6million bid for Ghana skipper Stephen Appiah.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is keeping tabs on Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure, brother of Gunners defender Kolo.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp will unveil Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul at Fratton Park on Monday.

Liverpool defender Steve Finnan faces a season in the wilderness after a fall-out with Rafa Benitez.

Alan Shearer is wanted as boss at Southampton by a Middle East consortium if they take over the club.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Manchester United will launch an astonishing £20million bid to land Thierry Henry before next weekend's Premier League opener against Newcastle.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Rio Ferdinand is set to be named England captain for the 2010 World Cup campaign.

Liverpool's owners have set their own price on Aston Villa's Gareth Barry - just £12million. Villa want £18million for the England midfielder.

Aston Villa are plotting an audacious £17.5million bid to lure Joe Cole from Chelsea.

Sir Alex Ferguson has told Real Madrid he will not forgive or forget their attempt to land Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United and Tottenham have less than 72 hours to agree a peace deal that can pave the way for Dimitar Berbatov's transfer.

Roy Keane says Liverpool can propel themeselves towards their first title since 1990 by signing Gareth Barry.

Michael Johnson is close to agreeing a new contract with Manchester City.

Chris Waddle says Mike Ashley needs to invest £100million to help Kevin Keegan rebuild his Newcastle side - or sell up and ship out.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Liverpool's owners have told Rafa Benitez: You must sell before you can buy Gareth Barry. George Gillett and Tom Hicks, aided by chief executive Rick Parry, are refusing to allow Rafa to fork out £18million for Barry.

Manchester United striker Louis Saha is weighing up a cut-price £1.5million move to West Ham.

Arsenal are lining up a £6million bid for Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson.

Manchester United have won the battle to keep Cristiano Ronaldo but their war with Real Madrid - who are believed to have bid £55million for him - will never end.

Manchester City ace Vedran Corluka's £9million move to Spurs moved a step closer last night.

Kop legend Kenny Dalglish is backing Rafa Benitez to bring the elusive title back to Liverpool this season.

New Spurs star Luka Modric is already a target for Real Madrid - and he hasn't even played in the Premier League yet. The Spanish giants will monitor Modric's form this season.

Bolton and West Ham are still in the hunt for former Liverpool star Djibril Cisse - if they cough up £10million.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is still trying to persuade Blackburn to part with defender Stephen Warnock.

Aston Villa are chasing Real Madrid midfield ace Ruben de la Red. The Spain ace would be a direct replacement for Gareth Barry.

Mido could be heading for a reunion with his old boss Martin Jol at Hamburg. Jol wants to sign Mido as he looks to replace Rafael van der Vaart.

Former Spurs star Tim Sherwood insists the club must sell star striker Dimitar Berbatov - to stop him 'poisoning the dressing room'.

Chris Waddle wants to see wholesale changes at Newcastle - to allow Kevin Keegan to manage.

SUNDAY PEOPLE

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to take advantage of the growing financial turmoil at Manchester City with a £19million swoop for Micah Richards. Reports in Spain also suggest United want Valencia midfielder David Silva.

Martin O'Neill will ram the final nail in the coffin of Gareth Barry's move to Liverpool by playing him in Europe.

West Ham are poised to bid £5million for Chilean striker Sebastian Pinto - if Dean Ashton is sold.

Barcelona midfield star Xavi could be on his way to Newcastle.

Jimmy Bullard is becoming increasingly frustrated by Fulham's failure to offer him a new deal.

Hull City boss Phil Brown is ready to sign David Nugent on a season-long loan deal.

Czech ace Jaroslav Plasil is a £2.5million target for Aston Villa and Fulham.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Everton are finally set to make their first major summer signing by landing CSKA Moscow's Brazilian striker Vagner Love in a club-record deal.

Cristiano Ronaldo could have blown his dream move to Real Madrid FOREVER because of the way he treated the Spanish giants during this summer's transfer saga. Ramon Calderon has been left fuming because of Ronaldo's refusal to push through a transfer request.

Arsenal are ready to make an £8million move for Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson after he rejected a new five-year Eastlands deal.

SUNDAY MAIL

Rangers striker Kris Boyd is a £2.75million target for German giants Bayer Leverkusen and Cologne.

Evander Sno has revealed he may still quit Celtic despite turning down a move to Osasuna last week

From Teamtalk.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Xavi to Newcastle and also Leo Messi is coming for a medical next week :doh: :doh: :doh:

I would like to see Apiah here though.

Very strong physical,good on the ball,clever player and has alot of energy

Perfect DM imo

I'd like to point out that, sadly, Xavi could not be on his way to Newcastle. I read the interview with Waddle, the man was talking complete and utter unadulterated fucking shite.

Complete t'waddle, in fact.

I heard we were linked with Tymoschuk from Zenit yesterday, anyone know if this is true? He's getting on a little bit like but I do remember him putting in an excellent performance against Rangers in the UEFA Cup final. Him and Arshavin ran the entire game.

I heard we were linked with Tymoschuk from Zenit yesterday, anyone know if this is true? He's getting on a little bit like but I do remember him putting in an excellent performance against Rangers in the UEFA Cup final. Him and Arshavin ran the entire game.

What was your source? Drunken arsehole stood next to you at the bar in the pub after the match? Or was it someone even less credible?

What was your source? Drunken arsehole stood next to you at the bar in the pub after the match? Or was it someone even less credible?

:lol: Correct but he did say it was in one of the papers like. None of this my cousin's mate's goldfish gets fed by a lass who shagged fat fred's housekeeper who's mates with Mike Ashley's brother shite etc.

Even less credible - it was in The Sun!

Still convinced Warnock is a serious target.

I wouldnt moan if we got him. Pretty solid defender, good energy and supports the wing pretty well.

Not the flash signing people are expecting but would do a good job for us.

It would be interesting to see him and Enrique fighting it out for a place.