KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

what the hell are you still doing up?

fours hours ahead man, just starting the day at work by catching up with yesterdays threads!

yourself?

have a meeting with the sergeant major at 8. If I go to sleep i'll blatantly fuck it off and as a result get bollocked

Milner, Duff, Smith. If you went back to 2003 and said we'll have all 3 in our team by 2007 you'd be over the moon, know we just wanna see the back of them. What the hell is football all about

it's fucken mental ain't it? 

disorient the opposition with a diminutive team, it's a new one...set pieces will be a laugh

i reckon if we sign anyone it'll be no-one we've been linked with btw, except maybe pocognoli...got a feeling about him for some reason, probably because i just have the nagging suspision that dennis wise is using an old version of football manager as his starting point for scouting players...

Let's not forget Milner put in one absolute peach of a ball that Owen should have buried before he did score. That was a sitter.

which was actually a better ball than geremis that we scored from.

some folk rate a pass by what results from it, ie a shinner we score from is better than a great ball we don't score from.

in the interests of equality n'zogbias first 2 crosses were great,2nd especially after that he went to shit

The funny thing was someone in the match thread pointed out Geremi's cross and suggested he needs to teach Milner how to cross.

Fair enough if they were talking about the end of last season when Geremi did get a number of assists but to point to a cross which was practically identical to one Milner put in minutes earlier gave me a chuckle.

What I least like about him is his lack of urgency on the ball, particularly when he has a bit of space to run into on a counter attack.

He's not as slow as some make him out, but he plays at an annoyingly lethargic pace too much for me, which is frustrating considering his best quality is probably being able to beat his man and create enough space to get a cross in. His crossing isn't fantastic, but I could live with it if he'd try and make things happen a bit more when he has a bit of space in front of him to work with. As it is he farts about doing pointless stepovers and allowing to defence to regroup much too much. Rarely does anything particularly positive with the ball until every so often he puts a good cross in.

What I least like about him is his lack of urgency on the ball, particularly when he has a bit of space to run into on a counter attack.

He's not as slow as some make him out, but he plays at an annoyingly lethargic pace too much for me, which is frustrating considering his best quality is probably being able to beat his man and create enough space to get a cross in. His crossing isn't fantastic, but I could live with it if he'd try and make things happen a bit more when he has a bit of space in front of him to work with. As it is he farts about doing pointless stepovers and allowing to defence to regroup much too much. Rarely does anything particularly positive with the ball until every so often he puts a good cross in.

Nail on the head.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1375205,00.html

Meanwhile, the club is also monitoring events elsewhere during the transfer window with the chairman revealing a possible windfall could be in the pipeline.

"We have a sell-on clause on a player in demand at another club," he explained.

"We were approached to take a figure to buy out the rights which suggests he may be set to move on.

"We're happy to ride with it, see what happens and take our share."

Milner?

Meanwhile, the club is also monitoring events elsewhere during the transfer window with the chairman revealing a possible windfall could be in the pipeline.

"We were approached to take a figure to buy out the rights which suggests he may be set to move on.

Milner?

That's interesting,  I can't think of anyone else it could be.

Milner?

That's interesting,  I can't think of anyone else it could be.

Lennon?

Approached to take a figure to buy out the rights?

Does that mean offering them a fixed sum knowing full well the player will be going for an amount that otherwise would generate a bigger cut?