Saviola on loan?

Dokko

Maybe I can´t read. But did he say anywhere that he turned us down? or that we even have made a move? Just said that he wanted to stay at Madrid. he may not want to come here. But I get so irritated at the media that always use misleading headlines that often differ from the text.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He dosnt say hes turned us don. If anything it is slightly encouaging what he says, becasue of the fact he dosnt say 'i'm not going to join Newcastle'

Nobody has come to me from Newcastle but I have found out about their interest by other means

Papers talking shit again then, perhaps?

I like how they say he's turned us down to cover their backs.

Nobody has come to me from Newcastle but I have found out about their interest by other means

Papers talking s*** again then, perhaps?

I like how they say he's turned us down to cover their backs.

They did this with the Colo deal a few times

All Saviola has basically said is he's still a real madrid player until he knows otherwise.  Usual player response if you ask me

He dosnt say hes turned us don. If anything it is slightly encouaging what he says, becasue of the fact he dosnt say 'i'm not going to join Newcastle'

no he didn´t. just said that he was a madrid player and was focused at another season with them. Can´t blame him since nobody has come in for him.

Can't remember Coloccini directly saying he'd not spoken to Newcastle.

don´t know about that. but once he did say that he was a depor player and was focusing at the new season with them. most of the time the players don´t give away anything before the deal is done. he can still be a NUFC player 1 sep.

:lol: SSN sayig no offers from us for him, Journal saying he has knocked us back..

ah gota love the fkd up media..

It's getting worse though, isn't it?

I'm sure it wasn't this bad last year. Same as Tiago saying he doesn't want to come to england has been changed to "Tiago turns down Newcastle for Everton".

Last time i looked Liverpool was still in england... sadly.

Sky Sports news seem a little bit confused on the matter..

http://www.skysports.com/football/teams/newcastleunited/0,19734,11678,00.html

Saviola - No Newcastle offer

Saviola - No Newcastle offer

Javier Saviola has insisted his future remains with Real Madrid, despite interest from Newcastle.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/21/javier-saviola-turns-down-united-loan-61634-21576248/

Javier Saviola turns down United loan

NEWCASTLE United will have to look elsewhere for a “wow” signing after Javier Saviola turned down a season-long loan. Read

If he has dicussed his future with the manager and says he wants to stay, I think it's pretty obvious he don't want to come should any offer materialise. That's what it's getting at.

Not negative enough. Better if you portray the club as useless and failing to attract players. :thup:

If he has dicussed his future with the manager and says he wants to stay, I think it's pretty obvious he don't want to come should any offer materialise. That's what it's getting at.

But all he says in the article is that no offer has been made. How that equates to he turns us down I don't know.

That's how I'd see it. It sounds like he's brushed aside the questions rather than fully committed himself to Real.

Course he'd rather stay at Madrid, who wouldn't?

Still reckon we'd have a decent chance of getting him if we really pursued it, whether we are after him or not is anyone's guess.

As I said about 5 pages ago I think he'd be a great acquisition, but we'd need to bring in a quality CM to go with him, someone who can give the likes of Owen, Martins and Saviola the quality service to feet that they would thrive on. It'd be an exciting move going for him rather than a Viduka type, as it'd be a pretty clear statement of intent from KK that we're looking to play the ball on the deck as much as possible, which I'm all for.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I don't think it matters what type of striker we buy (tall target man / fast striker). All that matters is that they know how to hold up the ball and bring others into play. Owen does it really well. Viduka isn't all that good with his head, he;s just good at holding it up.

Marlon King did it excellently for Hull on saturday. He's by no means a big bloke.

Still reckon we'd have a decent chance of getting him if we really pursued it, whether we are after him or not is anyone's guess.

As I said about 5 pages ago I think he'd be a great acquisition, but we'd need to bring in a quality CM to go with him, someone who can give the likes of Owen, Martins and Saviola the quality service to feet that they would thrive on. It'd be an exciting move going for him rather than a Viduka type, as it'd be a pretty clear statement of intent from KK that we're looking to play the ball on the deck as much as possible, which I'm all for.

Agree completely.

Agree completely.

hadn't thought about it the shak puts it there before but i like it yeah, a strikeforce of pace, power & technique built around playing it on the floor

as he rightly points out the CM would be key though

And one person waiting for United to talk to him is Real Madrid’s striker Javier Saviola. The Argentinian was quoted in top Spanish newspaper Marca yesterday saying he was aware of United’s interest but that he had heard nothing officially from St James’s Park.

From Anal's oba story

Do they even talk when they post stories? lol

Agree completely.

hadn't thought about it the shak puts it there before but i like it yeah, a strikeforce of pace, power & technique built around playing it on the floor

Thinking about it further I would actually leave Owen in the hole as he was last season, and allow Martins and Saviola to really stretch teams with their pace, with Owen arriving late in the box.

Support that front three with a hardworking midfield three that can pass the ball e.g. Jonas, Tiago(?) and Guthrie, and we are set. We would be especially devastating on the counter attack.

Just to add ...

If Tiago keeps being a pansy about coming back to Engalnd or joingin Newcastle, I would like for us to try for De La Red.

Double deal for both De La Red and Saviola would be very nice.

Agree completely.

Thinking about it further I would actually leave Owen in the hole as he was last season, and allow Martins and Saviola to really stretch teams with their pace, with Owen arriving late in the box.

Support that front three with a hardworking midfield three that can pass the ball e.g. Jonas, Tiago(?) and Guthrie, and we are set. We would be especially devastating on the counter attack.

agreed, basically get butt out of the midfield due to his criminal distribution and it'd work a treat imo

Nonsense mate its the usual negative misleading headlines.  The player has basically said that unless the manager accepts an offer for him or tells him he won't play regularly he will stay.  Which is obvious, you don't leave Real Madrid while you're wanted and will play regularly..  Not for Newcastle, not for Man Utd, not for AC Milan or anywhere else.  That doesn't equal turning anyone down, he could have done that by dismissing the idea of a move here out of hand, but he didn't.

Not really the type of player we need is the problem. Small pacey strikers aren't something we're short on.

Zigic on loan? Seemingly available but a injury prone last season but not many more taller strikers than him around

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4024149,00.html

Providing he has a similar character to Colocinni and Jonas, I would be very happy.  Seems KK is really doing his homework about character and getting the right players in.  If he falls into this catagory, that he to be a good thing.  Having not played much and things not working out at Madrid, he would hopefully have a point to prove.

I remember reading something like that in Keegan`s autobiography about making sure the players he brought in were of the right character......can only be a good thing with our record of buying wantaway/whinging foreigners in recent years