Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Well done lads, I know Jonas has had a great half, Martins has got the goal, but Danny Guthrie has been fantasic in possession and in the tackle.

Agree, Guthrie's been our best player alongside Jonas imo. His set pieces are quality as well, great corner he put in for Martins there. Coloccini looks solid as well, good in the air and strong as anything.

Proud as anything with the performance, went crazy when the goal went in, awesome stuff. We look a tad blunt going forward but that's to be expected against the best defence in the country I guess and we've been excellent in maintaining possession. Really chuffed, just hope it continues.

Agree about Guthrie, looks like a young Scholes on the ball.

Jonas  is f***ing class, he's f***ing class!!

Oba's goal was brilliant, what a leap that was..

The whole side is playing some brilliant football, Butt and Zoggy aren't that good, Colo made some mistakes  but overall we  look impressive..

Now watch us lose 6-1 in the seconed half.

Btw, i feel like i say the exact same thing every time Zog plays at left-back. Dangerous whenever he gets forward, looks very promising, but he's had his skin saved on numerous occassions by Jonas, Colo, etc from a defensive point of view. REally think we could be getting so much more from both an attacking and a defensive sense if Enrique was playing instead of Milner (Jonas/Zog on wings).

Guest Looneytoonz

Jonas HAS to be the best signing of the summer for us.

Think we still need that creative pass to unlock defences, we are relying too much on wing crosses and using the body to hold the ball.

Been very impressed with Guthrie, cant recall him losing the ball once. Playing it simple and keeping the ball moving. Jonas has looked decent as well, made Rooney look like a cunt with one of his runs. Colo started a bit shaky but has looked alright since.

Although we're trying to play the ball about, we're still causing our own problems at times. Butt hasnt played bad but made a shocking pass early on.

Guest Toon1981

not only are jonas and guthrie looking really good, but i've just made a genius pot of leek and spud soup; what a sunday!  come on you buggers.