Jose Enrique

Tooj

Guest Howaythetoon

Absolutely despised for telling the truth against the good guys Mike and Al.

Not that for me, more that I was bitter we were losing such a good player to a club who before Ashley came in for we were not too far behind and therefore wanted his career to crash and burn. Only at Liverpool though which it kind of did.

Absolutely despised for telling the truth against the good guys Mike and Al.

Not that for me, more that I was bitter we were losing such a good player to a club who before Ashley came in for we were not too far behind and therefore wanted his career to crash and burn. Only at Liverpool though which it kind of did.

:thup:

Fucking quality defender for us, I don't think i've seen a better fullback at the club.

I can't blame him for blocking Carragher, imagine spending years in the Liverpool changing room having to look at and listen to the incomprehensible scally.

Retiring at 31. Quality for us, but left us for 'something better' and never received it. Meanwhile he gave us one last memorable moment during that insane game against Liverpool where everyone was sent off and he ended up in Goal (also that insane Andy Carroll bottlejob).

His quotes when he left.

"The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy." "The [sic] give the money I have already. They lie all the time. But is no for money is because they don't want spend in the club and bring quality players that's why everybody go [sic]."

He was made to look a little daft by the fact that we fluked our way to 5th the next season but being honest, his sentiment is completely correct. Shame to see him retire, one of the best full backs I can remember here.

His quotes when he left.

"The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy." "The [sic] give the money I have already. They lie all the time. But is no for money is because they don't want spend in the club and bring quality players that's why everybody go [sic]."

He was made to look a little daft by the fact that we fluked our way to 5th the next season but being honest, his sentiment is completely correct. Shame to see him retire, one of the best full backs I can remember here.

Agreed.

Letting Kevin Nolan go was the right choice though.

From a footballing perspective it most certainly was, he was past it and we got a good offer from West Ham and a chance to cut a big chunk off our wage bill. What we lost though was a leader that we never really replaced.