So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

Not trying to slag off anybody here that's talking about Riquelme, but has there been anything to indicate he's coming?  A lot of people have been talking about him, are these local rumours going about Newcastle, or was there something in The Sun or some other paper that I've missed?  Or is it just entirely fabricated speculation?

Not trying to slag off anybody here that's talking about Riquelme, but has there been anything to indicate he's coming?  A lot of people have been talking about him, are these local rumours going about Newcastle, or was there something in The Sun or some other paper that I've missed?  Or is it just entirely fabricated speculation?

This

Don't we have a striker who's called Nile Ranger who can score 4 to 5 goals again (statistics from his myspace)?

hahahhaha

Very soon, everybody will be singing the Power Ranger song.

Guest BooBoo

Possibly Razack Pimpong??

mackems.gif

You rate this player? He is shite!

Its been a long running gag that at times amuses me.

Atouba linked yesterday. I would be pleased. Seen him a fair bit recently for Cameroon.

Very good attacking left back who is 6 ft 3 and has tons of energy, pace and power. strong in the tackle.

He loves to dribble the ball and will leave you with your heart in your mouth when he dribbles out of defence sometimes, but he is so strong he never gets pushed off the ball. Very entertaining some of his crazy runs from the back. Watch some of his videos.

There is a misconception he failed at Spurs but he never really got a run and he was much younger then. He is now 26 which is a good age.

In the final year of his contract too so very affordable. Another bargain.

Don't want to stir up trouble but if you look at Keegan's interview after the game yesterday (bbc website) he didn't actually recommend or give the go-ahead for the Gutierrez signing. He says that "Wise and Jimenez called me and told me they'd got this bloke called spiderman in...so i looked him up"

Curious...

why is that curious? they're doing they're job ffs!! do you expect KK to sell the tickets and the burgers aswell? all clubs have scouts, we've got some pretty good ones at the minute by the looks of our three new signings yesterday. its extremely small minded to suggest that you could be 'stirring up trouble' by quoting kk. its been said countless times by people within the club that KK has final say on transfers, he's just got some people working with him to find good players, its a pretty sweet deal if you ask me, get a grip.

Small minded? Get a grip?

How am i being small-minded? The difference between what you say happens with a DF and what we seem to have here is that Keegan as the manager knows who the DF is going after, either by recommendation from the DF or instruction to the DF on who to bring in. It's completely different if the DF brings someone in and THEN informs Keegan who he's got. Which is what keegan said in that interview.

Like you say, all clubs have scouts. I agree with having a big scouting team. They 'scout out' players and identify them to the manager PRIOR to any action being taken. No scout signs players without prior authorisation from the man who will have to manage that player. Yet Keegan suggests this isn't the case at the toon. In which case, i find this curious.

N.B. i've responded to your post without making jibes at your personal character and using over-the-top suggestions which you have above. I'd like the same courtesy in return. Whether i get it or not says more about you than me.

Let's face it the links have dried up apart from the Saviola one.  It's ok for us to speculate but I'd expect the next signing to be out of the blue completely or someone we were linked with several months back.  The journos know as much as less than  us. ???

Yeah, your probably right, but it's interesting to just discuss some of these options.

Atouba is an international for Cameroon, has prem experience, is a good age at 26 and is apparently available as he is in his last year of his contact. Geremi can also offer some insight into the player. It seems a likely option I think.

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? I'd rather have Keegan at the training ground all day anyway and infecting the players with his enthusiasm and indoctrinating them into his version of total football. If he's happy with the transfer set-up (which he's indicated on many many occasions that he is), and Wise and co look for players that KK will be able to work with, then there's no problem at all with the way things are being done.

Still convinced Warnock will be the next signing. I'm sure i read in one of the papers that Blackburn had given up hope of keeping him and that they were planning on signing George McCartney (i think) as a replacement.

I do believe we are in for Saviola and Tiago but they could be touch and go.

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? I'd rather have Keegan at the training ground all day anyway and infecting the players with his enthusiasm and indoctrinating them into his version of total football. If he's happy with the transfer set-up (which he's indicated on many many occasions that he is), and Wise and co look for players that KK will be able to work with, then there's no problem at all with the way things are being done.

Exactly. I remember Bobby said in his autobiography that his scouts found him the gems and he polished them. Similar relationship here, nothing wrong with it, if it works.

Exactly. I remember Bobby said in his autobiography that his <b>scouts found him the gems and he polished them.</b> Similar relationship here, nothing wrong with it, if it works.

My God, what must Bramble have been like before a good polishing?

Someone from Belgium has posted this over on Rivals

"Translation from Belgian press:

Newcastle Agree Pocognoli fee with AZ.

Belgian Olympic Defender - Sebastian Pocognoli is on his way to England as Newcastle United agree fee with Dutch Side AZ Alkmaar for the Belgian left Fullback.

Talks with his representatives are ongoing.

More updates soon."

Can't say I've ever heard of him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4005136,00.html

Pocognoli admits English desire

Belgian youngster would welcome Premier League switch

By Francisco Acedo & Edwin Chong  Last updated: 18th August 2008

Newcastle Betting

http://img.skysports.com/08/08/218x298/SebastienPocognoli_1123532.jpg

Belgian starlet Sebastien Pocognoli has admitted he would love a move to England.

The 21-year-old left-sided defender is currently competing in the Olympic Games, where he has impressed for his country and helped them into the last-four.

Lyon are understood to be leading the chase for the AZ Alkmaar man, who has four years left on his current contract, but reports from the continent claim Real Betis and Newcastle are also monitoring his progress.

Pocognoli, valued at around €8million (£6.3million), admits he would relish the chance of playing in England or Spain.

"The decision [about my future] lies with AZ, but a chance to play in England or Spain would be sensational for me," he told the Spanish press.

Lee interest

Should Pocognoli leave, AZ are believed to be interested in luring Lee Young-pyo back to Holland.

Lee starred during his time with PSV Eindhoven, who showed an interest earlier in the year, and he is still highly regarded in Holland.

AZ also maintain an interest in Blackburn's Andre Ooijer, but Paul Ince is very unlikely to let the Dutchman leave Ewood Park, especially after scored the winner in Saturday's opening game of the season at Everton.

Don't want to stir up trouble but if you look at Keegan's interview after the game yesterday (bbc website) he didn't actually recommend or give the go-ahead for the Gutierrez signing. He says that "Wise and Jimenez called me and told me they'd got this bloke called spiderman in...so i looked him up"

Curious...

why is that curious? they're doing they're job ffs!! do you expect KK to sell the tickets and the burgers aswell? all clubs have scouts, we've got some pretty good ones at the minute by the looks of our three new signings yesterday. its extremely small minded to suggest that you could be 'stirring up trouble' by quoting kk. its been said countless times by people within the club that KK has final say on transfers, he's just got some people working with him to find good players, its a pretty sweet deal if you ask me, get a grip.

Small minded? Get a grip?

How am i being small-minded? The difference between what you say happens with a DF and what we seem to have here is that Keegan as the manager knows who the DF is going after, either by recommendation from the DF or instruction to the DF on who to bring in. It's completely different if the DF brings someone in and THEN informs Keegan who he's got. Which is what keegan said in that interview.

Like you say, all clubs have scouts. I agree with having a big scouting team. They 'scout out' players and identify them to the manager PRIOR to any action being taken. No scout signs players without prior authorisation from the man who will have to manage that player. Yet Keegan suggests this isn't the case at the toon. In which case, i find this curious.

N.B. i've responded to your post without making jibes at your personal character and using over-the-top suggestions which you have above. I'd like the same courtesy in return. Whether i get it or not says more about you than me.

'when dennis wise and tony jimenez told me they'd got this guy called spiderman i looked him up'

so you take from that, that jonas was signed without kk's say so? over his head? despite ashley publicly stating that keegan has final say on transfers? despite keegan saying he's happy with the way they're all working together? is it not possible that by 'got' he meant 'scouted' rather than 'signed'?

in recent days we've heard nothing but positivity and sense (imo) from the owner and manager, we then went to old trafford and put in a great performance, and whats more all the new lads looked great. why come out with this stuff man? do you work for the sun?

and ultimately, even IF all the players are signed with out kk's say so, which is a ludicrous assumption imo, knowing the man as we do, he's happy, he's smiling, he's positive, the team are playing well, whats the problem?

N.B. i didnt say anything about your personal character in general, i said it was small minded of you to assume you could be stirring up trouble. maybe you've gotten what you wanted, which is a reaction, but when i see our fans helping out the media in the attempts to mess with us, i cant help but react.