James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Oneil has just more or less confirmed he is in for Milner - funny as fook by the way! - ssn

Good news - £11,000,000+ please and he's all Villa's.

Guest stankydanky

Not as easy as that mate.  Where's the yes if we sign a replacement????  We're hardly in a position to be selling any more players with the state of our current squad

The most concerning thing to me in all this is that all the time Ashley has insisted that Keegan has the final word on players but that is now obviously not true.  Keegan wants Milner to stay and the board want to sell.  It would be interesting to hear what the board have to say but they will stay silent and leave it to Keegan to deal with all the difficult questions.

Guest stankydanky

Really and how do you know that?? You must be ITK.  Do me a favor.  This is ridiculous.  All the positive energy from the start of the season has been derailed because James Milner wants a new contract.  Now all of a sudden everything the southern rags say is true??  ;D

Keep the faith, I think the club only made his contract public to force his hand, either he wants to stay and he'll come out and say so, or it forces other clubs to meet his valuation.  I'm not panicking until Monday morning and we've sold Milner and haven't signed a single player, let alone three or four...... :pow:

The most concerning thing to me in all this is that all the time Ashley has insisted that Keegan has the final word on players but that is now obviously not true.  Keegan wants Milner to stay and the board want to sell.  It would be interesting to hear what the board have to say but they will stay silent and leave it to Keegan to deal with all the difficult questions.

you mean because keegan said he wanted to keep milner? just like when he said alan smith would come good, and since then he's had how many minutes on the pitch?

That's more or less exactly what Ashley said before about Keegan. :lol:

Link? and do you believe him if he did?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/08/mike-ashley-exclusive-chronicle-interview-72703-21492315/

On transfers and players

ASHLEY tells how he wants players with heart and passion for the club and that there is money for Keegan to spend.

“Yes, there is. If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants – then we will do that deal.

But I guess Ashley is lying and Fiszman is telling the truth. Oh well. :(

Not as easy as that mate.  Where's the yes if we sign a replacement????  We're hardly in a position to be selling any more players with the state of our current squad

Errr, we're not exactly short on the wings now are we?

That's more or less exactly what Ashley said before about Keegan. :lol:

we know, but the assumption has to be KK hasn't asked for any players then Dave, if we don't sign them of course, right?

and if KK, the man who signed shearer for a world record fee, is offered a blank cheque for players and just chooses not to use it 'cause he's got duff, smith & shola in reserve then he's a changed man

a changed man indeed

{there is of course the argument that players won't join us because of our recent history, but i don't buy into that as easily as some}

Guest Brewcastle

Looks like "Case closed" in few hours then.

Sad. But as the process turned out, I would have been in doubt of Milners motivation with playing for Toon.

So now: Bring in a replacement. Even if it cost all what we got for Milner :tickedoff:

Looks like "Case closed" in few hours then.

Sad. But as the prosess turned out, I would have been in doubt of Milners motivation with playing for Toon.

So now: Bring in a replacement. Even if it cost all what we got for Milner :tickedoff:

fuck it, weve got money for the right guys apparently, chuck in another 5-7m & go for maxi rodriguez, get saviola on loan (ahem) and some random CM we're fucken laughing all the way to corned beef heaven

Well 10 mil plus is a great deal for Milner but the lack of transfer links for us is getting very worrying.

If we've been working at deals all this week that will be done before Monday then fine but if not one player comes and Milner goes then Ashley should be advised not to stand in the crowd anymore.

I don't think he could be that stupid so by Monday we'll know, but he'll be facing a barage of abuse if he doesn't act at all.

Well 10 mil plus is a great deal for Milner but the lack of transfer links for us is getting very worrying.

If we've been working at deals all this week that will be done before Monday then fine but if not one player comes and Milner goes then Ashley should be advised not to stand in the crowd anymore.

I don't think he could be that stupid so by Monday we'll know, but he'll be facing a barage of abuse if he doesn't act at all.

:thup:

Can't say I'd be any less bothered if the know-nowt papers were linking us to players though tbf.

:thup:

Can't say I'd be any less bothered if the know-nowt papers were linking us to players though tbf.

I know it's a pian to hear about but did anybody actually witness him saying about this 'wow' signing? Or is yet more bollocks?