James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sell the fucker and be done with it already.

would any of you honestly feel sorry when you see him in a Villa shirt, stepovering the hell out of the ball and constantly crossing without looking?

cut the drama.

for me hes like a less injured kieron dyer,...promises much, never seems to truly deliver it.

He's nowhere near the quality of footballer Dyer is like.

Guest BeatMakerz

would any of you honestly feel sorry when you see him in a Villa shirt, stepovering the hell out of the ball and constantly crossing without looking?

cut the drama.

:indi:

cut the drama.

for me hes like a less injured kieron dyer,...promises much, never seems to truly deliver it.

Dyer was in a different league to Milner altogether. Good business if we can flog him for anything over 6m

Jon seems a bit upset like

Guest elbee909

'quality', and 'kieron dyer' in the same sentence, just dont go together, :idiot2:

They do, just wouldn't include 'consistent' in there.

'quality', and 'kieron dyer' in the same sentence, just dont go together, :idiot2:

surely, if something is inconsistent it lacks quality,

if something is reliable , it has quality,

unreliable, it lacks quality,

dependable, it has quality,

surely, if something is inconsistent it lacks quality,

if something is reliable , it has quality,

unreliable, it lacks quality,

dependable, it has quality,

Disagree there, you can have quality but be unreliable - see Woodgate.

the unreliability causes a glass ceiling to where that quality can take you

Guest stankydanky

cut the drama.

He's still only 22 FFS.  While I'm not condoning his actions, he has improved marginally since he joined us and under the right manager (like Keegan) has a good chance of getting better.  Look at Ashley Young under O'Neill, I have a sneeking suspicion that Milner will do the same.

Guest stankydanky

the point i was making, wasnt comparing his level of ability, anyway.

the point i made, was,- like kieron dyer, he dosent deliver enough, often enough.

True but the difference is Dyer had all the natural ability to be a top class player but pissed it away.  Milner, while not as gifted in the way of natural talent works his fukin socks off day in day out.  I am just as frustrated by his crap crossing and headless chicken play with little end result, but the lad still has time on his side and with the right guidance could still turn out to be an England regular eventually.

Guest justin99.

sell him.

Even if a replacement isn't found, there is no point keeping a player that doesn't want to be there.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Why start a thread and put "feel free to merge" as your only line? Why not just get them to add a poll in the 50 odd page thread.

FWIW, sell the spotty twerp asap.

KK should have a few interesting things to say today in his pre match press conference

No he wont, he'll be asked and asked and asked, but he will say

'I'm hopeful of getting 2-3 players in, but its difficult, it will be an anxious few days. We all know what and where we need to buy, just concentrating on Saturday for now'.

Kevin Keegan was last night closing in on a much-needed transfer breakthrough - providing his Newcastle bosses stump up the cash.

From paper talk anyone know who?

It's from the Daily Star. Just about Per Ciljan Skjelbred. Nothing we've not heard before.

Kevin Keegan was last night closing in on a much-needed transfer breakthrough - providing his Newcastle bosses stump up the cash.

From paper talk anyone know who?

It's from the Daily Star. Just about Per Ciljan Skjelbred. Nothing we've not heard before.

Sorry, wrong thread.