James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 million!!!!!!!!!!!! Shows how things has gone IMO. I would go and like to buy a detatched house for 60K but in the current market it aint gonna happen. Perhaps someone should tell Ashley this so we can actually get players in like Aston Villa have / are doing. BTW researched their chairman and he has half of Ashleys wealth (if that!). Keegans ambition isnt being matched at the mo but I am reerving judgement till the window shuts.

Oh do be quiet.

Quality post your batteries must have died in your keyboard.

My keyboard is wired, genius.

But you still but batteries in though

err no? :lol:

I wasn't talking about his keyboard but that big rubbery thing his lass uses whilst he makes smart a**e remarks on forums.

P.S Wor lass is in bed sh***ed out by ME :lol:

Nope but to be fair if that is true then fine. However, its well reported that MO pussy foots around when it comes to transfers. How much did the lad from WBA cost you, 8-10m?? I am concerned at the penny pinching at out club  which includes the likes the of coaches leaving and not being replaced. Seems daft IMO but like I said I reserve judgement till the window shuts.

I guarantee you that if you stopped 10 Villa fans in the street and asked them what they thought about our transfer activity, 8 of them would say that MON needs to stop fucking about and start spending.

Last year we hardly pushed the boat out. Our net spend was pretty small, certainly lower than most. This year we've spent a little more  but the fact is we are still at the very least 4 players short of what we need to get by.

The fact is it is very, very hard to sign players these days. If you're not in the CL, you're competing against a lot of other clubs. Having the money is no guarantee that you're going to get what you want.

Much as people talk about crowds or tradition or potential or anything, for the majority of players there's not a whole lot between clubs like Villa, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, even Portsmouth, Blackburn and West Ham. They're all competing for the same players.

If you think Ashley isn't prepared to spend money, then why did you offer what you did for Modric? Why would he have spent so much on the club and sorting out the debts only to watch it stagnate?

Having a lot of money behind you these days is not enough. You can't go out and buy success of the shelf. Everyone has money these days, things are an awful lot harder.

Top post. Will go straight over some posters heads though unfortunately.

Nope but to be fair if that is true then fine. However, its well reported that MO pussy foots around when it comes to transfers. How much did the lad from WBA cost you, 8-10m?? I am concerned at the penny pinching at out club  which includes the likes the of coaches leaving and not being replaced. Seems daft IMO but like I said I reserve judgement till the window shuts.

I guarantee you that if you stopped 10 Villa fans in the street and asked them what they thought about our transfer activity, 8 of them would say that MON needs to stop f***ing about and start spending.

Last year we hardly pushed the boat out. Our net spend was pretty small, certainly lower than most. This year we've spent a little more  but the fact is we are still at the very least 4 players short of what we need to get by.

The fact is it is very, very hard to sign players these days. If you're not in the CL, you're competing against a lot of other clubs. Having the money is no guarantee that you're going to get what you want.

Much as people talk about crowds or tradition or potential or anything, for the majority of players there's not a whole lot between clubs like Villa, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, even Portsmouth, Blackburn and West Ham. They're all competing for the same players.

If you think Ashley isn't prepared to spend money, then why did you offer what you did for Modric? Why would he have spent so much on the club and sorting out the debts only to watch it stagnate?

Having a lot of money behind you these days is not enough. You can't go out and buy success of the shelf. Everyone has money these days, things are an awful lot harder.

Goes to show that we're not in a boat alone while other clubs are off having 'perfect summers' and buying loads of top players.

We're just as close to Villa, Pompey, Everton etc. as anyone is.

I guarantee you that if you stopped 10 Villa fans in the street and asked them what they thought about our transfer activity, 8 of them would say that MON needs to stop fucking about and start spending.

Generally, I find the more sensible and accurate the post the more it tends to get ignored so people can keep on arguing about their opinions.

I guarantee you that if you stopped 10 Villa fans in the street and asked them what they thought about our transfer activity, 8 of them would say that MON needs to stop f***ing about and start spending.

Goes to show that we're not in a boat alone while other clubs are off having 'perfect summers' and buying loads of top players.

Don't forget West Ham, please don't forget West Ham! :D

Don't forget West Ham, please don't forget West Ham! :D

West Ham are fucking gash though  :laugh:

:lol:

I might have to start an official James Milner fan club. He's about to net us £10 million+?! Wait ... what!

So Milner is going to cost more than Coloccini and Jonas combined?!

This is unreal. Villa are alright so I hope he does okay for them, but £12 million  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is craziness. Milner sucks.  :lol:

Damn. Looks like we finally have some really shrewd and smart mofos running our club.

If they pull this off I have no doubt they will also be able to land some quality players by Monday. I'm sure everything is in place already.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Exactly. This season, more than ever before in the Premiership, man management is going to become the difference between a possible European place and languishing in the bottom half. So many clubs in the so called "second tier" of the Premiership have very similar strength squad and it'll be up to the gaffer's to get the best out of them. For me, in Keegan, we have the best man manager in that group.

Another top post, Brummie. It's a bit sad that the best poster on a Newcastle-board is a Villa-fan.

I do agree with some of that but the fact that our board has let so many players go without having deals lined up. It wasn't like it was a last minute thing we knew they going. Maybe we were naive I don't know but as I said I will reserve judgement till the close of the window.

What's the most we've ever sold a player for, by the way?

Woodgate £9.6m? Probably missing someone really obvious here :lol:

Woodgate was sold to Real Madrid for £13.4m

Woodgate joined Real on a four-year deal from Newcastle United in August 2004 for £13.4m despite suffering from a serious thigh injury when he was signed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/astonishment-as-acircpound134m-woodgate-joins-real-madrid-557336.htm

Jenas was sold to Tottenham for £9m

On August 31st 2005 he joined Spurs for £7 million' date=' which rose to £9 million when Tottenham qualified for Europe. He is under contract to Spurs until 2012.[/quote']

He was sold to Tottenham Hotspur on transfer deadline day of August 31' date=' 2005 for an initial fee of £7million,[4'] which rose to £9million after Spurs successfully qualified for European competition.

I do agree with some of that but the fact that our board has let so many players go without having deals lined up. It wasn't like it was a last minute thing we knew they going.

The last 72 hours of a transfer window are always when things happen. There are some big deals waiting to go through still, and there will be some which will happen which nobody saw coming. I'm actually going to book Tuesday off work so I can watch the coverage throughout Monday night with a few beers ;)

Final word of consolation - you, Villa (paper thin squad), Everton (more than anyone), Spurs (strikers), West Ham (anyone), Blackburn (sold their two best players and not replaced them properly), Portsmouth (spent all their money), City (spending money they dont have) - all in a very similar position going into the last few days of the window.

All will become much clearer by Tuesday morning.

What's the most we've ever sold a player for, by the way?

Woodgate £9.6m? Probably missing someone really obvious here :lol:

Woodgate was to Real Madrid for £13.4m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5288358.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/astonishment-as-acircpound134m-woodgate-joins-real-madrid-557336.html

Was that the final figure or what the papers are quoting, I am pretty sure it only went to that fee with add ons.

I do agree with some of that but the fact that our board has let so many players go without having deals lined up. It wasn't like it was a last minute thing we knew they going.

The last 72 hours of a transfer window are always when things happen. There are some big deals waiting to go through still, and there will be some which will happen which nobody saw coming. I'm actually going to book Tuesday off work so I can watch the coverage throughout Monday night with a few beers ;)

Final word of consolation - you, Villa (paper thin squad), Everton (more than anyone), Spurs (strikers), West Ham (anyone), Blackburn (sold their two best players and not replaced them properly), Portsmouth (spent all their money), City (spending money they dont have) - all in a very similar position going into the last few days of the window.

All will become much clearer by Tuesday morning.

depends on how much we have to drink as i'm planning on stopping up with a few beers aswell (tuesady is one of my days off next week anyway)

:lol:

I might have to start an official James Milner fan club. He's about to net us £10 million+?! Wait ... what!

So Milner is going to cost more than Coloccini and Jonas combined?!

This is unreal. Villa are alright so I hope he does okay for them, but £12 million  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is craziness. Milner sucks.  :lol:

Damn. Looks like we finally have some really shrewd and smart mofos running our club.

If they pull this off I have no doubt they will also be able to land some quality players by Monday. I'm sure everything is in place already.

Shhhh....  Shut up you might sour the deal.  He means that he's the bestest player in the leage and is worth at least 30 million or so.  With add ons based on appearances.  And international caps.

I do agree with some of that but the fact that our board has let so many players go without having deals lined up. It wasn't like it was a last minute thing we knew they going. Maybe we were naive I don't know but as I said I will reserve judgement till the close of the window.

Gone are Emre, Carr, Ramage, Diatta and Faye so far, we've brought in Coloccini, Gutierrez, Bassong and Guthrie.  I would say we have brought in more than we've lost when looking at the quality of those who have been brought in and how much those leaving would have played.

Gone are Emre, Carr, Ramage, Diatta and Faye so far, we've brought in Coloccini, Gutierrez, Bassong and Guthrie. I would say we have brought in more than we've lost when looking at the quality of those who have been brought in and how much those leaving would have played.

Yep - barring Faye the numbers going out so far had very little, if no, impact on the first team last year.  It's just that the sqaud was painfully thin last year an still needed building up this summer.

Gone are Emre, Carr, Ramage, Diatta and Faye so far, we've brought in Coloccini, Gutierrez, Bassong and Guthrie.  I would say we have brought in more than we've lost when looking at the quality of those who have been brought in and how much those leaving would have played.

Yes but now all you need is a few injuries and we will be playing the kids. I am not a pessimistic person by nature but keegan is saying the players want more bodies in, so does he so we'll wait and see,