James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we could replace Milner with a player like Lennon like Carlito said, we'd have a terrific amount of pace on the wings and a backline that is generally fairly young and definately not slow.

Our frontline has some decent legs, too. A bit more intelligence in the team could make us deadly on the counter attack.

Guest clarkyshan

I think some maybe be overly panicking due to Milners excellent showing last night.

I must point out we were playing Coventry and Milner has NEVER turned in such a good performance against a top flight side.

do you smoke crack?

I think some maybe be overly panicking due to Milners excellent showing last night.

I must point out we were playing Coventry and Milner has NEVER turned in such a good performance against a top flight side.

Coventry's back four included a 32-year-old Marcus Hall - who was shite when he was at his peak - and a full-back who only played because Stephen Wright was injured.

I think Milner will do better for Villa to be fair. MO'N likes to play direct football and he has plenty of big strikers who Milner can float high crosses towards without needing to be especially accurate. Suits him, suits Villa and suits us, as we don't really want to play that way.

Btw fair play to Milner not going whinging to the newspapers in that week, and putting in the same effort for the team.

This.

I removed my post ripping him.  I posted it before I knew he handed in his request a week ago.

Can't agree with that.

what exactly has he got whinge to the papers about?

As for performances, he gets paid doesn't he? Are we dropping our expectations so low to expect everyone to behave like the foreign mercenaries who pollute our game?

I'm slightly confused about the wanting a new contract story,  thought that both milner and charlie got new deals this time last year,  thats what Taylor was moaning about cos he was apparently arguing that he should be getting parity with them.  Has Taylor ended up getting a better deal and milner has now spat his dummy out??

Guest elbee909

Great news, fucking shite player, no pace, can't cross, decent shot like

:lol:

Don't know why that's amusing, just imagine someone saying that down the pub and being pretty much correct.