James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Say what you like about Keegan's comments about keeping Milner but you can't possibly tell me he wouldn't relish the chance to replace him with £10m to spend on someone better.

..and 3 days to spend it in.

6 hours to call a meeting with the board and say who he wants (probably already done)

20 mins to prepare a fax and send it over.

few hours for other club to reply

fly the lad/s over to thrash out terms

2 hours medical

4 seconds to sign and date contract that reps have been reading over during medical.

Aye, transfers take weeks :thup:

go back to playing football manager mate

Would anyone take a straight swap with Liverpool for Benayoun and Pennant? They get the player they want (and some money off the wage bill), we get a replacement and the midfielder we need, and Leeds get fuck all. :lol:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Say what you like about Keegan's comments about keeping Milner but you can't possibly tell me he wouldn't relish the chance to replace him with £10m to spend on someone better.

..and 3 days to spend it in.

6 hours to call a meeting with the board and say who he wants (probably already done)

20 mins to prepare a fax and send it over.

few hours for other club to reply

fly the lad/s over to thrash out terms

2 hours medical

4 seconds to sign and date contract that reps have been reading over during medical.

Aye, transfers take weeks :thup:

go back to playing football manager mate

Areet I will in a bit.

Just out of interest then, mate, what else has to be done in a transfer? We seemed to do the Luque, Sibierski, Rossi and even Owen deals in under 48 hours. Don't see why there should be an exception now.

Slightly edited my post:

Would anyone take a straight swap with Liverpool for both Benayoun and Pennant? They get the player they want (and some money off the wage bill), we get a replacement and the midfielder we need, and Leeds get fuck all. :lol:

£10m is insane...but I'd still only sell if we can get a replacement in before the end of the window.

I'd take the 10 mill and risk it.

Would leave a hole in the squad.

It would but it's worth the risk isn't it? I'd be more than happy shifting Gutierrez on the right and putting Zog on the left, then we have Geremi or Duff who neither are ideal but will do.

Would anyone take a straight swap with Liverpool for Benayoun and Pennant? They get the player they want (and some money off the wage bill), we get a replacement and the midfielder we need, and Leeds get fuck all. :lol:

Spoken like a true yorkshireman :lol:

:shifty:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Would anyone take a straight swap with Liverpool for Benayoun and Pennant? They get the player they want (and some money off the wage bill), we get a replacement and the midfielder we need, and Leeds get f*** all. :lol:

Yes I would. I rate Benayoun highly, Pennant is similar to Milner in quality so effectively we're gaining a decent player for nowt.

£10m is insane...but I'd still only sell if we can get a replacement in before the end of the window.

It would but it's worth the risk isn't it? I'd be more than happy shifting Gutierrez on the right and putting Zog on the left, then we have Geremi or Duff who neither are ideal but will do.

I don't think so, if we can get £10m+ now I can't see why we couldn't get that in January if we couldn't find a replacement straight away. Its not like Milner is getting on or has just come off an amazing season so people are overrating him.

I'd rather have the money to spend, I think we can do better than Pennant and Benayoun.

Touché. Just thinking about the timescale involved and the fact we seem non too chuffed to be paying Leeds this cut (trying to buy it out etc).

Duff's a crock. Zoggy hasn't been at his best for a while. Geremi has good delivery but no pace. Really wouldn't like to be relying on those 3.

I'd rather have the money to spend, I think we can do better than Pennant and Benayoun.

Touché. Just thinking about the timescale involved and the fact we seem non too chuffed to be paying Leeds this cut (trying to buy it out etc).

I know and it's getting very close but they would be classed as panic signings IMO, thinking long term we could be stuck with two players who we simply don't need.

I wonder how it would work were we to do a swap deal?

I agree we could do better, but with such little time of the transfer window left I'd prefer we took these than to keep looking and not finding what we want.

They both WOULD improve our squad at the moment.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I agree we could do better, but with such little time of the transfer window left I'd prefer we took these than to keep looking and not finding what we want.

They both WOULD improve our first XI at the moment.

FYP

Guest Heneage

I can see it being betwee 25-50% summit daft I bet. Bates is a greeedy cunt n all so he wont budge.

Take £10m and save it for January.

I don't think so, if we can get £10m+ now I can't see why we couldn't get that in January if we couldn't find a replacement straight away. Its not like Milner is getting on or has just come off an amazing season so people are overrating him.

I can see Milner getting a lot of abuse from the stands over this so keeping him until January wouldn't be in our best interests.

We are not still 100% sure, it's Milner that Bates was reffering too, the old board didn't often negioate sell on clauses. I have a feeling it may very well be Lennon, it is the sort of thing Spuds do.

As to the question, not sure I rate Benyoun that highly, I would probably take one of there youngsters and pennant. Or don't shoot me here, Kuyt plus a couple of million.

Guest POWNATS

Would anyone take a straight swap with Liverpool for Benayoun and Pennant?

Both or either or?

Neither

saddened NUFC couldent persuede SWP to come, infact i cant believe hes not here :undecided:

Take the Milner millions (free money) and put a huge bid in for Arshavin :clap2:

Make him the wow signing