James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Why does everyone suddenly believe what the press is saying?

The Times is the most reliable broadsheet IMO.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Say what you like about Keegan's comments about keeping Milner but you can't possibly tell me he wouldn't relish the chance to replace him with £10m to spend on someone better.

Exactly. It needn't even be a RW either. 10 mill plus whatever Ashley throws in to the kitty opens up the opportunity for a Moutinho type purchase.

With the squad as small as it is, Keegan should draw up a list of the players at Villa & Everton (and/or Liverpool) that would improve our squad and make it clear to the interested clubs that the only way Milner leaves is if they agree to a p/x + cash deal involving one or more of the players we want.  With 72 hours left, they have to realize that letting Milner go is a risk we can't afford without the guarantee of new players in.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Say what you like about Keegan's comments about keeping Milner but you can't possibly tell me he wouldn't relish the chance to replace him with £10m to spend on someone better.

..and 3 days to spend it in.

6 hours to call a meeting with the board and say who he wants (probably already done)

20 mins to prepare a fax and send it over.

few hours for other club to reply

fly the lad/s over to thrash out terms

2 hours medical

4 seconds to sign and date contract that reps have been reading over during medical.

Aye, transfers take weeks :thup:

6 hours to call a meeting with the board and say who he wants (probably already done)

20 mins to prepare a fax and send it over.

few hours for other club to reply

fly the lad/s over to thrash out terms

2 hours medical

4 seconds to sign and date contract that reps have been reading over during medical.

Aye, transfers take weeks :thup:

If only it was that simple :lol:

Not sure how much I believe of this stuff and I like Milner but £10m+ is seriously crazy money.

£6m+ was crazy money, but then again we paid that for Smith under Shepherd and Allardyce. In that context £15m is steal.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

With the squad as small as it is, Keegan should draw up a list of the players at Villa & Everton (and/or Liverpool) that would improve our squad and make it clear to the interested clubs that the only way Milner leaves is if they agree to a p/x + cash deal involving one or more of the players we want.  With 72 hours left, they have to realize that letting Milner go is a risk we can't afford without the guarantee of new players in.

Not a bad idea at all. I'll do it for them if they like.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

£10m is insane...but I'd still only sell if we can get a replacement in before the end of the window.

I'd take the 10 mill and risk it.

Would leave a hole in the squad.

Aye but less holes in the windows of the Milburn corporate boxes from miscued crosses.

£10m is insane...but I'd still only sell if we can get a replacement in before the end of the window.

Aye but less holes in the windows of the Milburn corporate boxes from miscued crosses.

:lol:

:colo:

I also think the timing by Milner stinks.

He has waited til 10 days before the end of the transfer window in an attempt to force our hand.