James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest timmy boy

The problem is getting his replacement in, in such a short period of time.I think anyone in their right mind would take ten million plus for Milner but if it means waiting till January and having someone lined up to come in I would do that.We haven't got the squad numbers to lose Milner and not replace him on the right wing.I don't think Milner is the sort to do a Berbatov style moan, he would probably get his head down and get on with his football which is testament to his character.

Instead of replying to me why don't you run off, speak to your mate who is a Fulham scout and tell us about another transfer that isn't going to happen?

That's a great comeback. Nothing to add on the actual subject then?

Sorry I forgot about the quality in depth post I was replying to.

You of all people should be the last people commenting on a "xxxxx loves this player" thing given your IP address can be traced back to Frank Lampards arse.

Instead of replying to me why don't you run off, speak to your mate who is a Fulham scout and tell us about another transfer that isn't going to happen?

You of all people should be the last people commenting on a "xxxxx loves this player" thing given your IP address can be traced back to Frank Lampards arse.

:lol: :lol:

Another great post. You're an adult aren't you?

howay, it was funny though

Sorry what did your post have to do with the subject of this thread?

If you want to come on and be a dick don't cry if I reply to your comments.

Sorry what did your post have to do with the subject of this thread?

If you want to come on and be a dick don't cry if I reply to your comments.

Well it was in relation to your post about Milner being perfectly innocent. I've never seen a post from you about Milner which doesn't portray him in a postive light, and I think there's something in that. He slaps in a transfer request a week before the deadline, and you don't think the fans have a right to be angry about that?

As I said, you're becoming a parody of yourself. You love the fact that people take the piss about you loving Milner, so you play up to it. On the other hand, if you seriously think that Milner has done no wrong here, you're simply deluded.

Stop acting like a spoilt brat who has had his toy taken away.

The sun;

ASTON VILLA are set to win the £12million race for James Milner.

Both Villa and Everton have agreed the asking price for the winger, who has put in a transfer request.

Toon boss Kevin Keegan wants to keep Milner, 22, but he is determined to leave.

And after spending a season on loan at Villa two years ago, he is likely to join Martin O’Neill’s band of young English prospects.

O’Neill has recruited Luke Young and Nicky Shorey this summer and signed Curtis Davies after a year’s loan.

But he still wants an attacking winger to complement Ashley Young.

£12m :panic:

:lol:

Yep ALL my posts portray Milner in a positive light, he can do no wrong and as far as I am concerned no-one could ever replace him.

Try reading my posts before commenting on them?

I actually quoted it, to give you a clue as to which post I was quoting.

I think you are selling the fans a little short but we wont know unless he stays. He hasn't (imo) done anything dirty to push for a transfer like a few this summer and hopefully the majority are intelligent enough to appreciate that and how professional and hardworking he has been for us in the past.

He's asked for a new contract, and because he hasn't got it, he's handed in a transfer request with a week to replace him. Of course, that's professional of him. You see NO wrong doing here from him?

£12m for Milner would be the best bit of business this club has ever done IMO.

aye, £12m would be a deal and a half.

i still stand by the replacement stance though, its only a good price if we replace him well.

we could probably get lennon for half that

It'd be immense if it kept skyrocketing and we eventually flogged him for 16m. :lol:

Anything above 6 million is great money for him IMO, can't believe we're looking like getting eight figures for him.

I'd love us to get Milner, and by and large I don't give a scooby how much we spend (it isn't my money), but really, 12 million of your English pounds?

Fucking hell. If MON could get over his pathological fear of shopping outside the British Isles, I'm sure we could find a much, much better player than Milner for that amount in Europe.