James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lennon will replace him and he's much better than Milner.

:idiot2:

What has Milner got that Lennon hasn't?

Pace? Experience? Versatility? Crossing ability?

They're both weak and inconsistent in the shooting department, notoriously bad at crossing and haven't improved in the past couple of years. Only Lennon was an England international (and one who did well!) and has got a fuck load of pace, which would help our team a lot.

Gonna get slaughtered for this...

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse

He signed for some Greek side last week.

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Keegan: It was my decision to sell Milner

KEVIN Keegan says he sold James Milner in order to move the club forward following the winger's sale to Aston Villa.

Milner is set to sign a four year contract at Villa Park and while KK understands the disappointment of any Toon fans who are sad to see him go he is looking to strengthen before Monday's transfer deadline.

Keegan said today: "Obviously James is not a player you would want to sell.

"I would like to say though that it was my my decision to sell him.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"We have a good chance of getting three or four players in before the deadline.

"I wish James the best for the future.

"It's right for everybody and people shouldn't think anything bad of him, he has done nothing wrong.

"You have to remember he hasn't sulked even when he was in the car park at Villa two years ago and then told to turn around.

"We have four or five other irons in the fire, two or three who I am seeing where we go with."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/keegan-it-was-my-decision-to-sell-milner-72703-21633991/

God that feels good. Back in a minute....:fwap:

KEVIN Keegan says he sold James Milner in order to move the club forward following the winger's sale to Aston Villa.

Hmmm maybe no funds have been available?

You read the full article he said we have a good chance of bringing in 4 players

Guest BeatMakerz

Milner is set to sign a four year contract at Villa Park and while KK understands the disappointment of any Toon fans who are sad to see him go he is looking to strengthen before Monday's transfer deadline.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"It's right for everybody and people shouldn't think anything bad of him, he has done nothing wrong.

"You have to remember he hasn't sulked even when he was in the car park at Villa two years ago and then told to turn around.

"We have four or five other irons in the fire, two or three who I am seeing where we go with."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/keegan-it-was-my-decision-to-sell-milner-72703-21633991/

this must mean that we have players lined up  :shifty:

Excellent, I feel much happier - reminds me of the KK sells Andy Cole headlines, and we all know what happened then :)

We've got Keegan, have faith!

Replaced with Paul Kitson  :yikes:

Guest apple79

I have every faith after Keegans comments

we all knew 12m was too good to be true and it sounds like reinforcements are in hand!

Guest black n white

That'll do for me. :indi:

wont do for me bud, i dont want to hear there's a chance we could bring in more players

i want to hear we will sign 3-4 players

this must mean that we have players lined up  :shifty:

I love you Kev just as people freak out you put their minds at rest.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Arda from Gala

Gonna get slaughtered for this...

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse

Yeah lets get shearer, Les and lee back....Have a think about what your saying