Arsenal (a) 30/08/08 5:30ko (Setanta)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith not in the squad, brilliant.

NUFC: to follow...Given, Harper, N'Zogbia, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Bassong, Tozer, Edgar, Butt, Guthrie, Barton, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Owen, Donaldson, Ranger

Note Joey Barton and Shola are there.

No Beye so fuck!

Guest musika

Anyone else feel like the optimism has been somewhat drained out after the fiasco with James Milner? After the Coventry game I thought we had a great chance against Arsenal, but the events of the last few days have turned all that on it's head for me. It concerns me that Keegan wanted Milner - who hasn't had a bad performance this season imo - to stay, and yet the board sold him anyway

2-0 loss today for me... Unfortunately.

Anyone else feel like the optimism has been somewhat drained out after the fiasco with James Milner? After the Coventry game I thought we had a great chance against Arsenal, but the events of the last few days have turned all that on it's head for me. It concerns me that Keegan wanted Milner - who hasn't had a bad performance this season imo - to stay, and yet the board sold him anyway

Milner was poor against Man Utd, he offered nothing going forward and looked a liability when trying to defend.

Guest musika

Milner was poor against Man Utd, he offered nothing going forward and looked a liability when trying to defend.

Agree to disagree etc etc.

I thought he held the ball in possession well, and gave us composure when in Man Utd's side of the field, especially in the second half.

I don't know which game you were watching Baggio. Milner had a good game against man u.

I don't know which game you were watching Baggio. Milner had a good game against man u.

He was poor, he was average against Bolton too.

Exhibit A: -

"At the end of the day it was my decision to sell him. We got an offer which I felt was good value. It might not look a positive move to fans at the moment, but what will happen in the next two to three days will be positive.

I would not have sold him if it did not move the club forward."

Kevin Keegan, Friday 29/Aug/08

Keegan bigging Milner up a few days before is just a way of getting more money for him. Keegan has recently sung the praises of Ameobi and Smith. Do you think Keegan really doesn't want to sell them either?

i was confident of getting a result, was even thinking about putting a tenner on us to win at 10/1, but with no martins, beye and geremi, i cant see it like, i expect a defeat here, but as long as we put in a good performance thats the least i expect from this.

2-1 - Ranger to Superman that hoe! :)

Cant see anything other than a defeat here lads, but lets hope for another performance like Manure...

Its about time we got something from The Emirates, so I suppose why shouldn't today be that day?

Irrespective, a good performance will do me fine. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would love to have been going there full strength and geuinely believed we could get a positive result, however, with the injuries especially the latest Beye one, with no Geremi to replace him, i think we wil lose 3-1.

........................Shay.................................

Taylor.........Colo.........Bassong..........Enrique

Jonas..........Butt............Guthrie...............Zog

.........................Owen.................................

.........................Ameobi.............................

nile fucken ranger, i love it...bollocks to spending money if we're gonna be playing people with names like nile ranger! ;)

the nile ranger thread has warped my brain, everytime i see or hear his name i crack a huge grin

brilliant

what's next, Amazon Patroller, Mississippi Guide?    :doh:  :frantic: :joker:

I thought Coloccini was meant to be good at right-back? Stick him in there, Taylor-Bassong at CB.

If we have to use those three, I'd rather keep Colo at CB and put Taylor out to the right.

Same here

I thought Coloccini was meant to be good at right-back? Stick him in there, Taylor-Bassong at CB.

If we have to use those three, I'd rather keep Colo at CB and put Taylor out to the right.

Same here

Aye, agreed tbf.

Same here

Bassong can play right back can't he? His pace would maybe make him a better option.

Same here

Bassong can play right back can't he? His pace would maybe make him a better option.

He's left footed.