Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

When all is said and done, I still prefer our way of going about things.

I know people will think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't have been impressed if we had gone out and launched a £30 million bid for Berbatov. Very over the top really.

I prefer we put in the hard work and get players who are desperate to make a name for themselves and to do so at Newcastle.

Look at Santa Cruz, what did he cost last summer? I'd have him over berbatov anyday. We need to get them at the right times, which appears to be what we are doing.

Would I have Modric over Gutierrez now? Hell no! But at the start of summer it wasn't looking that way was it?

Howay lads! We'll still deck them all.

We need a little from column A and column B.

I too like the way we go about our business. Quiet, good deals and well thought out. HOWEVER, when push comes to shove, the club needs to be able to break the bank for quality additions. I think doing the first, allows for the second.

I also believe the club will, the fact we were looking at the likes of Nasri and Modric suggests this. 

Makes the credit crunch stuff sound a bit ridiculous like.

And has the City takeover even been finalised? Fit and proper persons test? Due diligence? Seems a bit early for them to be launching insane bids for all and sundry.

OPEC countries will be making more money than ever due to the cost of oil, which they are keeping artificially high. The credit crunch only really affects people who need to borrow money from banks, they clearly don't.

I'd have him over berbatov anyday.

Seriously?!

Santa Cruz? Definitely.

More consistent, and just a better overall team player, and he is also very talented as well.  Berbatov overall is more talented but won't give you the same consistent production.

So it's offical, Berbatov is the most over rated player in PL history.

£30M?! Deary fucking me.

Agreed, what an absolute fucking joke football has become. No wonder fans are staying away

Is it likely that Berbatov will agree personal terms with Man City? Surely this will go down to the wire, while he waits for an improved bid from ManUre to be accepted.

Absolutely, i'd be very suprised if they remain quiet.

City must be offering more then 30mill, Man ure were going to offer that were they not?

£28m was the bid, so £31m + is Citeh's bid.

No doubt we'll see the return of Dr Spec (if he's not dead) very soon if this comes off.

Bastard!!  :laugh:

When all is said and done, I still prefer our way of going about things.

I know people will think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't have been impressed if we had gone out and launched a £30 million bid for Berbatov. Very over the top really.

I prefer we put in the hard work and get players who are desperate to make a name for themselves and to do so at Newcastle.

Look at Santa Cruz, what did he cost last summer? I'd have him over berbatov anyday. We need to get them at the right times, which appears to be what we are doing.

Would I have Modric over Gutierrez now? Hell no! But at the start of summer it wasn't looking that way was it?

Howay lads! We'll still deck them all.

Although i don't agree with your reason or to be honest much of your post. I will agree that berbatov is way over priced at 30 million.

This just in -

there are reports that a 68 year old glaswegian has been treated for a suspected coronary in the Carrington area of Manchester

the unnamed man, believed to be some sort of homeless bum, was last heard screaming 'Judas Bastard' before he keeled over into a plate of prawn sandwiches