Coloccini, Cacapa

Taylor, Bassong

Gutierrez, ?????

N'Zogbia, Duff

Guthrie, Butt

Gonzalez, Barton

Owen, Xisco

Martins, Viduka

Still 3 gaping holes in the squad there, and still don't think the midfield area is as strong as it should be. Saying that though, if we're not at least competing for the top 8 places, I'll be disappointed.

Much as I'd like to think that there'll be a rash of announcements tomorrow, we're past midnight now and they've announced Xisco. So that's it. They can't sign anyone else now and the announcement has been made.

I wasn't that bothered when we sold Milner as I believed we'd sign a replacement. We haven't. I'm pissed off. We should have kept him.

Cunts.

i'm relieved we've gotten a striker in, but this is all very underwhelming.

from our transfer activity in the past 3 windows it really does look like we have a buy to sell policy and have to sell to raise funds. might not be the case behind the scenes, but that's how it has worked out in reality, and it certainly suggests ashley is being a bit tight fisted.

dissapointed with today.

Overall not a bad window, although we have come out with less numbers than we had. Big chance for the youngsters.

I get the feeling the January window wont come quickly enough.

We shall see how xisco and nacho do but the other signings look solid.

Alarmed we havent brought in a LB when it was our priority signing!

I expect us to play 4-3-3 now, with Jonas, Guthrie and Gonzalez/Barton/Charlie making up the midfield while Owen, Martins and Viduka/Xisco are the frontline.

Looking at it that way, with Geremi and Butt backing up (I hope) the midfield and some of these youngsters coming through, it's not the end of the world. Certainly somewhat underwhelming though.

You realise that it may be a few hours yet before we announce who has or hasn't signed?

Had the official website not announced the Gonzalez & Xisco deals now I'd have agreed, but I'd imagine by announcing them pretty much together, even though they'd have been wrapped up since this afternoon, that that's the club's way of wrapping up our transfer activity.

Having experienced two summer transfer deadlines with the new board, I do get the feeling now that we announce everyone shortly after midnight as if to say: "right, that's your lot, now go to bed."

If this is it then it's very disappointing.

What happened to the defender we so badly needed? The striker I'm happy with, but we'll still be paying Ameobi and Smith as things stand, which is bonkers. What happened to the replacement for Milner? The money from that deal?

Oh, and this Nacho bloke had better be fucking good, because we're woefully inadequate in the centre of the park, and they've had all fucking summer to sort that one. And no confirmation of an option to buy, so what happens if he does really well?

Keegan needs to provide some answers.

So....where am I happy?

Given, Harper

Beye, ?????

Enrique, ?????

Coloccini, Cacapa

Taylor, Bassong

Gutierrez, ?????

N'Zogbia, Duff

Guthrie, Butt

Gonzalez, Barton

Owen, Xisco

Martins, Viduka

Still 3 gaping holes in the squad there, and still don't think the midfield area is as strong as it should be. Saying that though, if we're not at least competing for the top 8 places, I'll be disappointed.

Geremi?

Lack of cover at the back is my primary concern... added to the fact that the first-choice defence is hardly brilliant to begin with.

Well before today we had two gaping holes in the squad, creative midfielder and centre forward that wasn't shite or on the treatment table. Well tbf we've done something to address both positions.

Having said that, i'm far from impressed with our dealings.

I guess we know now what our target is for this season, it's consolodation, with the size and depth of quality of our squad europe looks a tough tough task, we should be happy with anything above 10th spot iyam.

Relatively pleased. We've got a net spend of roughly £1m maybe? And improved the first team significantly. Squad looks a bit bare admittedly, and disappointed we haven't signed one wing-back and our wings lack strength in depth. But we're well stocked in the centre of midfield now and have the option to go 4-3-3 if we're desperate with injuries to key wingers.

Very happy we've managed to get a centre-mid and a striker in today.

Those disappointed because we haven't gone and signed Robinho need to have a look at themselves tbh. Aye, you don't have to be top four to buy world class players, but you have to have a shit load of money that you're willing to piss away. Our wages are high enough as it is.

If you had told me last night that we would have those two through the door i would have been delighted.

Bloody productive window in my eyes. Got rid of alot of shite, signed some excellent replacements.

If this is it then it's very disappointing.

What happened to the defender we so badly needed? The striker I'm happy with, but we'll still be paying Ameobi and Smith as things stand, which is bonkers. What happened to the replacement for Milner? The money from that deal?

Oh, and this Nacho bloke had better be fucking good, because we're woefully inadequate in the centre of the park, and they've had all fucking summer to sort that one. And no confirmation of an option to buy, so what happens if he does really well?

Keegan needs to provide some answers.

Unless Nacho is the dog's, we've definitely let ourselves down in the centre of midfield. To bid all that cash for Modric and Aimar then only bring in Guthrie (though I like him) is not on. Guthrie looks a good buy regardless but unless Barton is going to turn himself round instantly, we look weak in the centre of the park.

the headlines are all over it already.

mail tomorrow 'keegan summoned to toon summit meeting'.

apparently he has had nothing to do with xisco or gonzales, and they tried to firce a lazio defender on him.

If that's true then Keegan get out while you can

Probably bollocks mind Still, shite fucking window again

Totally unwowed, ok we got some half decent players but certainly no worldbeaters and certainly not enough