KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thebigfella

Ive never felt so gutted the sack the man who put the club back on track playing exciting football fans starting to come back then the greedy cunt we call our chairman sacks him absolute disgrace im ashamed to be a NUFC fan we are a laughing stock of the football world no wonder the likes of modric,aimar saviola etc have turned us down if reports are true WHY has he not sold the club he is the only billionaire football club owner i know who wants to cut costs GUTTED...........

Christ on a bicycle. Ashley's not a goon, he's clearly got some business sense, and he'll know that losing Keegan will be a massive blooper. I really, really don't think he will sack him, especially as he's so very keen to promote himself as one of the fans. There's clearly something up and they're trying to resolve it - more likely Keegan threatened to walk in the wake of those above him going behind his back/not being true to their word. I really think that the reason these talks are so long is that they're trying to hash out a compromise. If someone is leaving, it's normally done and dusted relatively quickly and an announcement made re: "mutual consent". There's clearly some sort of uncertainty about his tenure right now and discussions are ongoing.

Listen lads this is a load of nonsence what I can tell you is last week Ashley bought 5 billion replacement keyboard "F5" keys. He's now in a position where in the next week or so he will become the richest man on the planet as no keyboard the world over has not had its F5 key worn out in the last 24 hours. With no other stocks of F5 keys available anywhere even those rich guys over at DIC will be forced to buy new ones at inflated prices.

Genius.

(on a serious note I really hope this isn't true)

Christ on a bicycle. Ashley's not a goon, he's clearly got some business sense, and he'll know that losing Keegan will be a massive blooper. I really, really don't think he will sack him, especially as he's so very keen to promote himself as one of the fans. There's clearly something up and they're trying to resolve it - more likely Keegan threatened to walk in the wake of those above him going behind his back/not being true to their word. I really think that the reason these talks are so long is that they're trying to hash out a compromise. If someone is leaving, it's normally done and dusted relatively quickly and an announcement made re: "mutual consent". There's clearly some sort of uncertainty about his tenure right now and discussions are ongoing.

i think this might be the case. either trying to spin the announcement so that it placates the fans, or theyre literally on their knees trying to get him back.

Just got this on an e-mail:

Newcastle United had accepted an offer of significant investment into the club from Adhu Dhabi United Group.

As this developed through August a number of high profile world stars were lined up to sign for NUFC.

These signings were to be a statement of intent one of which is the now known about Robinho deal for Man City.

Kevin stated he did not want players motivated by money at the team he wanted a team with heart and soul. Mike Ashley supported Keegan and attempted to still bring in the investment. The ADUG thereon insisted on Keegans departure prior to investing.

The deal fell apart at the last minute because of Kevins caring stance that players must care for the club and want to play football.

Events of the investment in Manchester City now show you the ramifications of that decision not to sack Keegan. The money at the 11th hour was invested into MC and therefore this has caused huge difficulty for all.

The board are currently in discussions about resolutions to a number of issues.

Do people seriously think that there's any chance that this isn't "official" by the way? There may be no statement from the club, and I understand the desire for optimism, but I seriously doubt the entire British media would drop such a massive bollock as this one.

Well I'm holding on to the possibility that KK has tneded is resignation however Ashley is doing his best to get him back.

Of course it's highly improbable but I live in hope.

Listen lads this is a load of nonsence what I can tell you is last week Ashley bought 5 billion replacement keyboard "F5" keys. He's now in a position where in the next week or so he will become the richest man on the planet as no keyboard the world over has not had its F5 key worn out in the last 24 hours. With no other stocks of F5 keys available anywhere even those rich guys over at DIC will be forced to buy new ones at inflated prices.

Genius.

(on a serious note I really hope this isn't true)

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

I think this is the lowest I've ever felt about NUFC.

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

Me too. :(

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

Given the rumour about Poyet both you and I may yet feel even worse!

He's probably the one person who could stop me going back. I don't despise anyone more in football than that c***.

Why is it that you despise him?

Newcastle United had accepted an offer of significant investment into the club from Adhu Dhabi United Group.

As this developed through August a number of high profile world stars were lined up to sign for NUFC.

These signings were to be a statement of intent one of which is the now known about Robinho deal for Man City.

Kevin stated he did not want players motivated by money at the team he wanted a team with heart and soul. Mike Ashley supported Keegan and attempted to still bring in the investment. The ADUG thereon insisted on Keegans departure prior to investing.

The deal fell apart at the last minute because of Kevins caring stance that players must care for the club and want to play football.

Events of the investment in Manchester City now show you the ramifications of that decision not to sack Keegan. The money at the 11th hour was invested into MC and therefore this has caused huge difficulty for all.

Big load of shit.

This is pretty close to my view, I can't see any circumstances under which Keegan would be sacked.

As you say, if it was definite we would already have an announcement.

I can't work out whether I'm being rational or I'm just in denial! :)

I think hes been told hes getting x amount of players in and there was a good replacement for Milner, which hes told us in good faith only to find out on deadline day that not only isnt he getting those players but weve had a bid for Barton  which we're accepting if Barton agrees

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

He's probably the one person who could stop me going back. I don't despise anyone more in football than that c***.

1999 FA Cup semi final.

Guest LucaAltieri

2/10

The board are

fucking hell man, get a life.

If any of that utter bullshit is true, then i think i love Keegan even more. I spit at what's happened at Manchester City in the last 24 hours or so; takes the football out of football.

anyone else starting to think we're not gonna get a statement from the club today? and does anyone think that had kk left, been fired, whatever, he would just come out and say so? he'll know how worried everyone is about it

If there was nothing going on don't you think they'd come out and say so?

i'm not suggesting there's nothing going on

If any of that utter bullshit is true, then i think i love Keegan even more. I spit at what's happened at Manchester City in the last 24 hours or so; takes the football out of football.

of course its not true ffs

yep.

2000 FA Cup semi final.

FYP

of course its not true ffs

Good spot.

I don't think he will have been sacked... more likely walked because of what he sees as false promises in getting him to take the job in the first place.

The signings we have made appear to be decent, but then have been eclipsed by other teams. The Man City saga may have highlighted the fact that we are pretty much 2nd tier now.