KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan is in a fantastic position now. He can say to the board, 'get rid of me and your company's f***ed'. That has been demonstrated by the public response, which as I said yesterday was vital, yet some of you mocked it.

Ashley has made his fortune in retail and in that business the rule is 'give what the customer wants'.  In this world, the fans are his customers and they want Keegan. Should Ashley now get rid of Keegan, he won't have a leg to stand on and I think we will see Dennis Wise and possibly Llambias packing very soon. However, Keegan who has been treat so poorly since his return will need all the guarantees he can get from Ashley and that may be the crucial point. Mike Ashley can surprisingly come out of this looking a kind of hero, and that is by getting rid of Wise and Llambias and becoming the direct line of contact to Keegan himself, backing the man with anything he demands.

If Ashley caves in to Keegan we could end up with Robbie Fowler type signings (Thierry Henry?) rather than steals like Jonas. I'd be wary of that scenario if I was Ashley.

Didnt Keegan sign the likes of Ginola, Beardsley, Cole, Shearer, Asprilla, Ferdinand? Good enough for me

Keegan buys names. He's capable of making very good signings but he wouldn't have a clue how to go about making Wenger type signings. Hence daft decisions like Fowler and given half a chance, Thierry Henry, players who command premium prices when they are going downhill. Can you sustain a football club like that?

I wouldn't say people like Beresford, Lee, Albert, Venison, Bracewell, Allen, Cole et al were 'names', they were players either classed as past it or who hadn't even been picked up by the big clubs... It's such a myth to say Keegan just bought players who were already big names...

ask citeh fans about his more recent purchases.

Get a MD Keegan can trust and we're laughing

Freddy Shepherd?   ;D

NE5 Would go into meltdown having Ashley and Shepherd on the same board   ;D

At least the old board vs new board bollocks would end.  Everyone would be happy.

Nah i'd just put up with it, don't want pie face anywhere near us.

I remember Ashley was after David Dein at the beginning, that's one guy i'd be happy having as MD

Dein would be immense.  I don't really mind who the MD is as he probably doesn't have any say anyway and just does what Ashley tell's him.  I do think the club has improved massively under Ashley's tenure but Keegan needs more say.  I'm fine with a DOF etc provided Keegan has the final say in everything and Keegan can say I want his contract renewed and it's done.

If Keegan doesn't get to decide on who comes in and who goes which appears to be the case then he shouldn't be here. He is MANAGER and that included MANAGING transfer business.

and alan smith is still at the club

I'm sure Keegan knows that in an ideal worldBarton, Smith and Ameobi should leave. But the principle of this decision being taking out of his hands, without suitable replacements in, is wrong, no matter which way you look at it.

Precisely, I think this madras fella is just up for a bit of an argument and likes the role of Devils Advocaat.

If Keegan doesn't get to decide on who comes in and who goes which appears to be the case then he shouldn't be here. He is MANAGER and that included MANAGING transfer business.

I'm sure Keegan knows that in an ideal worldBarton, Smith and Ameobi should leave. But the principle of this decision being taking out of his hands, without suitable replacements in, is wrong, no matter which way you look at it.

Precisely, I think this madras fella is just up for a bit of an argument and likes the role of Devils Advocaat.

THIS

this

i am playing devils advocate a bit as a lot of people are casting aspersions without any actual evidence so the other side of the coin should be represented.

One thing must be said however. We get accused of living in a dreamworld and thinking we are a big club. Yet the British transfer record has been broken twice and little NUFC are the major talking point. P.s Llambias is a cock and Wise must go!! Am out of here gents, have a good day and hopefully we can chat on something concrete later on.

Surely it's not the signings that are the problem. I'm sure even KK knows what good buys some of them have been.

It's the selling of players that is the problem in my opinion.

and if he's going to walk out over milner,smith and barton you have to question him.

thats bloody ridiculous, if this is the issue he's not walking because of the quality/lack of quality of the players, he's walking because of the principle that players shouldnt be sold without his consent, i'd like to hear a convincing argument that this should be the case

It costs the club money to keep the likes of Smith here on 60k a week. That's not a principle it's a bill.

yeah you're right, thats not a principle, its a weekly wage, so you've confused two issues. one is who should be in charge of who leaves and doesnt leave the club, the second is how much should we pay those coming in. keegan certainly wasnt responsible for the second in the case of smith, but he obviously wants to be in charge of the first, and i agree with him, i'm yet to hear a convincing argument otherwise, would you like to provide one?

Do you believe that it is healthy for KK to be just handed players he had no part in choosing (there is evidence of this in the post match interview of the Man Utd game when KK said "When I heard we'd got this guy called Spiderman, I looked him up")?

To be fair, that particular quote has been taken out of context... I'm pretty sure Keegan meant "When I heard we'd got this guy called Spiderman (lined up), I looked him up (and then decided whether or not we should sign him)."

I refuse to believe that he had no say whatsoever, or he would have walked long before now.

THIS

this

i am playing devils advocate a bit as a lot of people are casting aspersions without any actual evidence so the other side of the coin should be represented.

I understand where you're coming from, but what are your honest feelings about this.

Do you believe the setup is working?as regards player recruitment...yes

Do you believe KK has or has not been undermimed?absolutly no idea

Do you believe that it was really KK's decision to sell Milner?bloody well hope so

Do you believe that it is healthy for KK to be just handed players he had no part in choosing (there is evidence of this in the post match interview of the Man Utd game when KK said "When I heard we'd got this guy called Spiderman, I looked him up")?i'm fine by it if the players are of that standard

Surely it's not the signings that are the problem. I'm sure even KK knows what good buys some of them have been.

It's the selling of players that is the problem in my opinion.

and if he's going to walk out over milner,smith and barton you have to question him.

thats bloody ridiculous, if this is the issue he's not walking because of the quality/lack of quality of the players, he's walking because of the principle that players shouldnt be sold without his consent, i'd like to hear a convincing argument that this should be the case

It costs the club money to keep the likes of Smith here on 60k a week. That's not a principle it's a bill.

yeah you're right, thats not a principle, its a weekly wage, so you've confused two issues. one is who should be in charge of who leaves and doesnt leave the club, the second is how much should we pay those coming in. keegan certainly wasnt responsible for the second in the case of smith, but he obviously wants to be in charge of the first, and i agree with him, i'm yet to hear a convincing argument otherwise, would you like to provide one?

If Keegan being in charge of who leaves the club means paying Smith 60k/week when we could sell him, then I would say his principles are costing the club serious money for no benefit. That's not something I agree with.

but the evidence suggests otherwise on the Jonas one.

Well, not really... Again, it's about how you interpret the quote. I don't believe for one minute that Jonas just turned up for training one morning, and Keegan had no say whatsoever in his signing.

It's pretty obvious that Vetere found him, and perhaps did the vast majority of the negotiating. But there's absolutely no way in hell that Keegan didn't ultimately get the chance to say yes or no to his eventual signing.

Guest nufc_geordie

And the bunch of brainiacs at BBC have annoucned the amazing............Keegan did not attend training this morning.

As it was well understood that he spent last night at a hotel in Manchester with his lawyers well that took some working out didn't it.