KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wasn't particularly in favour of KK coming back - i saw it as a populist sop by an owner desperate to please fans at a club that he did not understand.

But Ashley have proven himself to be a fucking joke, and an utter cretin, in a number of different ways, way beyond the appointment of a man he then hamstrung from the outset. FFS was also a cunt, but at least he backed his managers. Ashley had fucked it right up.

If Dennis Wise is in charge for the Hull game, which is mooted as a possibility, i'll not be going, and if he is put in place longer term, i'm cancelling my DD, offering the club the difference had i just got one years worth of tickets, and fucking off. Whilst the club is always more important than the owner or manager, nowadays the club is increasingly defined by them, and i can't say i want much to do with a club that has Dennis Fucking Wise as a senior member of staff.

If there's any truth whatsover in the theories that KK just wants more control over transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley actually stepped in to try and sort this situation out and keep KK here. There's a common consensus that he's the bad guy in all this just because he's the owner, but I bet he thought with all the people he's put in place any issues would be sorted out between them without his involvement being required.

He may well have ended up the peacemaker in all this.

Pure speculation as usual like.

The 57-year-old's eight-month reign looked over on Tuesday, with claims he had either quit or been sacked.

I love how they can just gloss over the fact it was they (amongst others) who made the claims.

Setanta this morning said "Certain media outlets yesterday claimed Keegan had been sacked..."  I could have sworn Setanta were one of them :)

Guest Guinness

AO saying in the Chron that Keegan definuitely wants to stay - quoting a source close to KK - but that KK wants to buy and sell his own players without interference.

Also reckons the Indian businessman Anil Ambani wants to make Ashley a £275m offer for the club.

On this ocassion I hope he's right, especially in regards to Keegan. A takeover could also be what we need right now, unless changes are made at board level it's difficult to see how Ashley and Keegan can continue together at the club.

Guest LucaAltieri

If there's any truth whatsover in the theories that KK just wants more control over transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley actually stepped in to try and sort this situation out and keep KK here. There's a common consensus that he's the bad guy in all this just because he's the owner, but I bet he thought with all the people he's put in place any issues would be sorted out between them without his involvement being required.

He may well have ended up the peacemaker in all this.

Pure speculation as usual like.

You're clearly on the Ashley payroll, too. Sellout.

Spread your propaganda elsewhere.  :angry:

I think Keegan was shown the door yesterday morning; Keegan tells friends etc that he's been sacked; media get hold of the story; fans stur shit up outside st.james; the board realise its a bad decision to get rid of King Kev; now ongoing discussions with Kev?

... Probably been said before, but thats what i think is going on.

Dreamer. Wouldn't be surprised if King Kev was soaking up advice from the LMA to avoid losing out on his compensation package, and the board would like him to f---- off asap.

I know, it's horrible that I actually agree with something written in the media, and that I'm not a real fan etc etc, but I would not be surprised one iota.

I would go along with that.

I reckon Ashley is more of a peacemaker between Keegan, Llambias and Team Wise when they don't see eye to eye. That is of course a role that the owner should play; make sure that all depts get on with each other and understand their roles and how the system/club works.

This previous sentence is where Kev has his problenms..

Guest Guinness

I reckon Ashley is more of a peacemaker between Keegan, Llambias and Team Wise when they don't see eye to eye. That is of course a role that the owner should play; make sure that all depts get on with each other and understand their roles and how the system/club works.

To be honest Llambias can fuck off. I don't know what his role is in any of this, but he has a really annoying face.

Chnage it to Keegan still manager and you solve the problem.

Although it is now

NUFC: Kevin Keegan S.....

Someone think of a word that doesn't start with s or r that means 'remains'

To be honest Llambias can f*** off. I don't know what his role is in any of this, but he has a really annoying face.

Yah! We want Chris Mort! :pow: