KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe he has actually gone, but lets face it after what happened on tuesday it was only a matter of time.

Lets just see who we bring in, no doubt this story will be dragged on for a long time to come. As supporters we just have to say the life goes on. Thanks KK for leaving some foundations there, I just hope whoever we get next isn't some numptie thats not done it before (like Curbishley, etc). We don't want another Fat Sam!!!!

For the thinking supporter Keegan will get the backlash, for the others... Ashley will.

How do you spell patronising? G-Y-P-S-Y...no, I can make the rest up.

That's rubbish. Don't act as if you're smart please.

Exactly. smart people realise the extent of the problem were in, any top football manager wouldnt put up with what keegan has. They've pushed him out through incompetent decisions.

Just so you can see the reasoning behind that statement..

I'm gutted too, make no mistake about that. But on this occasion I blame Keegan, he could have gritted his teeth and got on with it, setting out his points and claims over the course of the season in an effort to gain whatever it was he felt he needed. To walk out on the club at this point of time makes a mockery of the statement that he loves the club and the fans. He has a track record of being emotional and impulsive, and many times that has worked in his favour - but not this time. It doesn't really matter how untenable he felt his position was he should have faced up to it and seen it out another way. This way we are f***ed.

Ashley will get the backlash, team spirit will be all but destroyed. The manager (Keegan) who could get those players playing at 110% plus with enjoyment and fun has gone. Once again he's considered himself first and the ramifications second.

All this s**** about not going to the Hull game, f*** off man... There will be 11 Newcastle United players running out onto that pitch that deserve our support its not their fault and they backed Keegan too. We need the squad to stay together with us behind them, its easy to sing "SELL SELL SELL THE CLUB" and still back the team..

Guest unrealterrorist

we have to stick by the players now, they are stuck in f***ing limbo. Its us and the players.

I agree no its us against the world again i cant see things getting better very soon.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

LYING CUNTS. FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YOU.

that tells me that the club where so far away with its suggestions that it wasn't worth discussing, f***ing gutted!

what the fact that keegan received a letter telling him what was what ... spineless retard of a chairman

i negotiate deals with suppliers a lot of the time for much less importnat things, and i do it face to face... not by f***ing letter

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Don't talk s***. Who the f*** do you think gets the blame if they're s****?

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a f***ing shake.

Who's to stay the club didn't bust their balls to get the players Keegan wanted but couldn't for whatever reason?

Did Keegan then offer up alternatives? Or did he not have any?

If he didn't have any alternatives, should the club then do what? Are they then wrong to offer up alternatives and try to bring these in as long as they are good players, which they have been?

My head doesn't need a shake. I'm thinking about this very clearly and rationally, without getting emotional.

A lot of you guys need to calm down. Bailing out on the club now will acheive what exactly then?

Keegan is a great man, but he is not God. I'm sure he has some faults as well, and maybe they let him down in this instance.

Everyone is just assuming the club was hell bent on making his life hell. I am yet to see good evidence of this.

We are now hearing Keegan was not even willing to take their offers of changes into account ... why?

This is just an infortunate situation and we have to move forward, and continue to support the club.

Exactly. Every member of the Newcastle Board would know exactly how much crap they would get if Keegan left the club. Why on earth would they let such a situation come about? It doesn't make sense. Keegan did not need to walk. Keegan would have known how much leverage he had in any negotiations. He needed to compromise as did the Board. He knew what the fallout would be. He resigned. Where was he for 3 days? Why didn't he take training? He was in further breach of contract by not doing so. Why did he get his lawyers involved in this matter at the beginning? He resigned when he had the best hand. Doesn't make sense...

It's taken me a while to get on here.  I was so shocked I couldn't watch or look at anything football related.  I'm no going to lie, I cried tonight when I heard the news, not just because of KK but what it means to my beloved team.  Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jimenez I don't care who is to blame but this is the worst I've felt since I can remember, we've turned from gold into s***.  I was positive under Keegan that this season would be great, even if we didn't get into europe, the way we've played made me very excited, some of the best football I've seen since Bobby.  It's not just that though, the only manager that's going to come in will be foreign which I don't mind but Ashley has shown his intentions, he is not going to invest significant amounts, he's bought us, and the club will have to run off it's own money and we are just a f***ing marketing arm for Sports Direct as well as a money making machine for Ashley.  I've backed him until now but that's it for me, he doesn't love the toon, he just want's to be the big man and own a football club without sticking in the money.  I know he's invested 250m but if you do that, take a risk, trust the man you appointed and back him to make the right decisions instead of your london based corporate machine which he didn't even back in the market either.

Well said, this whole saga has massivley taken away from the fact that the club f***ed up majorly at the end of the transfer window, something which will become apparent with another couple of injuries.

Having said that, the simple fact is that come Christmas, with a new manager settled in (assuming they aren't THAT stupid and appoint some one like Wise) then most of us will have moved on and be fully behind the team again, hoping for a European spot and a cup run.

We'll back the team but Ashley and his regime has lost our(my) respect.  I'll never stop supporting NUFC and I'll never boo or chant at games against Ashley because it's not fair on the team, he probably knows this and that's why he's done it (not giving KK what he wants) but I know for a fact that if alot of people didn't renew this summer, expect that to be alot worse next summer unless he invest's massively and brings in  world class manager.

Edit:And that's what worries me.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

What does Keegan get by resiging like?