KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest apple79

Cant blame keegan one bit

You can see it hurts him to see it being run the wrong way - keegan wants the best for the club and for the fans the last week being the final straw.

Ashley cant stay on now - he's no longer welcome at my club.

ashley may think he's got another company he can flog and leach to the death but he's mistaken we own the club not him!

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

I'm getting more and more angry the longer they take.

My head's in a spin.

Undoubtedly, IMO, there has to be a protest but what form that takes is the question.

These are the options nufc.com had on earlier (all of which were emailed to them and were before confirmation that Kev had gone came through):

We're aware that various other options are being debated amongst the supporter community at present, including:

a) delaying entry into the stadium until well after kickoff.

b) boycott of club merchandise and food/drink sales.

c) attendance at game without wearing NUFC shirts.

d) leaflet/card protest at some point during the game.

As they say, I don't see how a full boycott will affect them. Season tickets are already paid for so not turning up at all when you have one won't mean a thing to the NUFC coffers. Obviously that's personal choice but for me I can't turn my back on my club. We have to win it back.

He's resigned ffs, what the fuck is a protest going to do? "Show em". I understand how upset everyone is but a protest is just going to make things worse.

This might be it for me, I don't think I can bare to see another bloke I either don't like or am indifferent to leading the club, not after looking forward to the next few years under Keegan.  As for Ashley, I gave him a chance, nobody here could claim I wasn't supportive of him.  But he can go and fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.  He's brought in a top manager and a great man, the perfect person to bring the good times back to the club and then tied his arms behind his back..  How anyone can think its a good idea to have someone other then the manager deciding on player purchases just amazes me, where the fuck is the logic in it?

Nah, I just don't know where to go from here with Newcastle United, I've really never felt like this before about the club..  I honestly want to just say fuck it and stop caring at this point..  I doubt I can, but at the moment I feel like trying.

i emailed Setanta and they read up my email "Magpie from Sweden" No work tomorrow. Never thought they would read it up. Almost got a smile there on my face...

So what did you write then?

And whereabouts do you live?

I wrote "Is there a future? Feels like..........To be honest it cannot be described it with words. No work tomorrow :("

Im from Borås, where are you from?

Guest justin99.

didn't one of ashley's advisors/friends say when he purchased the club, that he just wanted to have abit of fun?

he's either having it now, or severely regretting getting involved in football

Guest northwestmag1892

I may be losing it, but picture this:

I wonder if this was all done on purpose by a fan of Spurs. "Avin a larf" with his mates Llambias et al in a Larndan boozer one night decides it would be a right larf to buy NUFC and then destroy it along with hurting it's fans by destroying a legendary manager in the process.

How would you do that?

1) Buy NUFC

2) Sack unpopular manager and recruit KK

3) Undermine KK by appointing a Director of Football in the form of an odious little runt, totally unqualified to do the role

4) Promise major new signings

5) Go back on promises

6) Sell players that are key to KK

7) Engage in discussions with KK

8) Leak a report to Sky that KK had told friends that had been sacked

9) Engage in more discussions with KK

10) Stand your ground and insist that Wise stays

11) Get your Chairman to write a letter to KK outlining that you're not prepared to meet any of his demands

KK left with no option to resign.

You couldn't make it up...

Although I'm very gutted, very pissed off and feeling very confused about the whole debarcle I think I will re-iterate my statement from the other day just to put things in perspective:

"I support the club, the black and white stripes, the badge and most importantly the team who wears it regardless of who is the manager/chairman/cockneyshitheadwise.

After all the s**** that went on yesterday, I'm still a Geordie, I still love Newcastle United and I will still support my team - thick and thin.

I suggest you all do the same."

With no more transfer dealings for 4 months I'm slightly disappointed Keegan didn't stay to try and work through their differences over the next few months.  If things still couldn't be sorted by January then we could have got someone else in then.

f***.

Screw you "King" Kev. (Soon to be replaced with something like "Kowardly Kev," I'm sure.)

I can't believe a man who I loved and respected w9uld just screw us like this. If he really cared about the fans he'd have sucked up whatever problem he was dealing with at least until the end of the season.

Today is a sad day for the club. Not only have we been royally screwed for the forseeable future, but we've also lost a legend.

Idiot. The whole point with KK is that what you see is what you get - take that away and you're left with a pale imitation. He would never compromise his principles and I wouldn't want him to, especially in order to suck up to some f***ing cockney shitbags.

Believe what you want. "But I'll tell you what, he's gone down in my estimation."

THere is no f***ing excuse for leaving the club on September 1st. Even less so when Ashley's setup which seems to be so unberable to him has produced some very good results so far. And it's not like he didn't know what he was getitng when he came here

Although I'm very gutted, very pissed off and feeling very confused about the whole debarcle I think I will re-iterate my statement from the other day just to put things in perspective:

"I support the club, the black and white stripes, the badge and most importantly the team who wears it regardless of who is the manager/chairman/cockneyshitheadwise.

After all the s**** that went on yesterday, I'm still a Geordie, I still love Newcastle United and I will still support my team - thick and thin.

Ashley and his muppets have made a mug out of us, I won't be letting them do that

Guest sicko2ndbest

Admirable but deluded

Totally, utterly gutted.

The sad thing for me in all of this is that Kev was potentially only five or six games away from a carling cup win and immortality.

He could then have walked away, job done, mission accomplished, statue erected.

But no, this is Newcastle United and it ALWAYS ends in tears.

FACTS at the end of the day.

Whilst I have no problem with people protesting/boycotting, its their chosen right. I pray they dont take it into the ground for the hull game. The only thing to gain from it will be Hull picking up the three points.

Lets get behind the team, fuck the rest of them and do what we do best. The board are going to have to do a hell of alot more than their best to turn this around.

There needs to be some kind of protest where the players do not get involved-staying away would be cutting our noses off to spite our face.Each home game boycotted,really becomes an away game.Maybe a full house followed by a sit-in protest would be the best way.

Now we're left with an owner we have no clue about, other than he wears the shirt and drinks pints, and a backroom staff that spend most of their time in London.

I'd like know what the circumstances were that led this motley crue to Newcastle.  Who recommended who to who, and why?  Seriously, this needs answering.

It was always quite strange that Dennis Wise ended up here?  Of all the football clubs in England, you had to end up at this one...etc etc

Step forward one Paul Kelmsey.

i emailed Setanta and they read up my email "Magpie from Sweden" No work tomorrow. Never thought they would read it up. Almost got a smile there on my face...

So what did you write then?

And whereabouts do you live?

I wrote "Is there a future? Feels like..........To be honest it cannot be described it with words. No work tomorrow :("

Im from Borås, where are you from?

How on earth do you manage to get Setanta then? I take it you're currently living in the UK?

I'm from Ängelholm by the way.

And to get back on the topic, words can not express how I feel at the moment. I can't help feeling a bit betrayed. We were given this great man by Ashley to give us success and the football we all like to see. And for what? Just for it to be taken away barely eight months later.

FACTS at the end of the day.

Whilst I have no problem with people protesting/boycotting, its their chosen right. I pray they dont take it into the ground for the hull game. The only thing to gain from it will be Hull picking up the three points.

Lets get behind the team, f*** the rest of them and do what we do best. The board are going to have to do a hell of alot more than their best to turn this around.

Yup, people will have to remmember that we will still be here after the next 10 managers have been in charge.  We will still be here after the next 10 owners and we will still be wearing Black & White and singing our heart out.

Yes it hurts, yes it makes us look a joke, but howay people, lets put it aside and cheer your fucking lungs out vs Hull.  

We cant change what has already happened

Our club need us now more than ever.