KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

'You'll do it like this then. Any questions?' :thdn:

Guest Darth Toon

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

Here we go - let's hope the fuckers don't get to spin their way out of this one.

Guest Geordiesned

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

I'm getting more and more angry the longer they take.

My head's in a spin.

Undoubtedly, IMO, there has to be a protest but what form that takes is the question.

These are the options nufc.com had on earlier (all of which were emailed to them and were before confirmation that Kev had gone came through):

We're aware that various other options are being debated amongst the supporter community at present, including:

a) delaying entry into the stadium until well after kickoff.

b) boycott of club merchandise and food/drink sales.

c) attendance at game without wearing NUFC shirts.

d) leaflet/card protest at some point during the game.

As they say, I don't see how a full boycott will affect them. Season tickets are already paid for so not turning up at all when you have one won't mean a thing to the NUFC coffers. Obviously that's personal choice but for me I can't turn my back on my club. We have to win it back.

He's resigned ffs, what the fuck is a protest going to do? "Show em". I understand how upset everyone is but a protest is just going to make things worse.

Yep let's just turn up and pretend nothing has happened and stick our heads in the sand.

What a load of fucking shite!

I'm just worried about the club imploding and getting relegated. As i said earlier, i''m a bit wobbly about this myself, completely gutted about the mess the club is in. I just dont think anything is going to change though.

I'm not back untill the home games in October so i dont suppose it matters what i think.

I know mate. I'm that wound up at the moment that's all. But I do feel something has to be done otherwise the owner and directors might actually take the view that it was all a fuss over nothing and we soon toed the line.

I personally favour the option of entering the ground at about 3:05pm. If enough do it it will show the strength of feelings. Once inside though I would sing my heart out for the team whilst also directing abuse at the Ashley, Llambias et al. This of course may have a detrimental effect on the team but as long as no abuse is directed at any players, regardless of performance, and everyone supports the players fully then I think we'll get the message across.

What a load of s****.

exactly... fucking load of crap

It took them a whole hour and a half to decide to shift the blame to Keegan....

Fuck off you pack of fucking bastards.

What a load of s****.

Go fuck yourself AShley and your little bitches.

What a load of shite.

Well it did only take them a few hours to put together. The other day they had basically all day to come up with something good

What a load of s****.

exactly... fucking load of crap

Really disappointed in that club statement.

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Don't talk s***. Who the f*** do you think gets the blame if they're s****?

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a f***ing shake.

Who's to stay the club didn't bust their balls to get the players Keegan wanted but couldn't for whatever reason?

Did Keegan then offer up alternatives? Or did he not have any?

If he didn't have any alternatives, should the club then do what? Are they then wrong to offer up alternatives and try to bring these in as long as they are good players, which they have been?

My head doesn't need a shake. I'm thinking about this very clearly and rationally, without getting emotional.

A lot of you guys need to calm down. Bailing out on the club now will acheive what exactly then?

Keegan is a great man, but he is not God. I'm sure he has some faults as well, and maybe they let him down in this instance.

Everyone is just assuming the club was hell bent on making his life hell. I am yet to see good evidence of this.

We are now hearing Keegan was not even willing to take their offers of changes into account ... why?

This is just an infortunate situation and we have to move forward, and continue to support the club.

If the club's bigger than any player, then it's bigger than any manager too, so please let's not talk of turning our backs on NUFC. To be sure this is a shocking and tragic episode, but if KK's tenure was going to have a bad ending (as has seemed almost inevitable over the past few days), then it's better that it's happened now than a couple of tumultuous weeks or months down the track.

God only knows who will take over the manager's role (surely Ashley wouldn't / couldn't give it to Wise?), but imo there's some wisdom in the saying that "the graveyards are full of indispensable men", and I feel that we now need to throw whatever support we can muster behind whoever is foolish, brave, or desperate enough to pick up the poison chalice.

As hard as it might be in the heat of this awful moment, I think it's also worth remembering that many of us (myself included) weren't convinced that KK's return was such a great idea in the first place, partly because we feared it might again end in tears (even if nobody could have foreseen this specific disaster), and partly because we felt that there might be more suitable (albeit less romantic) candidates to choose from. Ashley and co now have to start on the long road to redeeming themselves by finding just such a candidate.

Top post my friend.

People have to be rational here.

This reaction is embarrassing.

The media are loving it.

To think Ashley was the one that brought the man back in the first place. I am pretty sure he did his best to make things work.

Keegan is out of order.

God knows what clubs wanted for the players Keegan wanted? Should Ashley have brought them in regardless? Just because Keegan demanded it?

I'm sure they tried, but if not possible then surely they had to look at other options making use of a quality scouting network?

He was given good players, who he was getting the best out of and things had started out brilliantly and he still wasn't happy.

It's not an ideal world, things aren't always perfect, sometimes you have to show a little faith and be out of your comfort zone a little bit.

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Keegan bailed out way too quickly for me. I honestly don't think the board had any bad intentions whatsoever.

Supine.

Guest Geordiesned

That statement has made me even more angry!!

Trying to turn the fans on Keegan when we all know they are the ones who have fucked up!

"practical fucking suggestions"

Get to fuck you fucking cunts!

The only thing I find confusing about KK statement is the lack of comment about selling players but there is a comment about imposing unwanted players on him. What does that mean?

Anyway, don't go into the Hull game until half time & then support the players - they deserve our support.

It's so heartless, so impersonal.

I want Ashley/Llambias to actually have the balls to do a television interview and try to explain how on earth they've let it come to this.

They wouldn't dare come out SJP and stand on the steps to try and explain their decision. They don't have the balls.

Guest helios_centric

They can try and spin this any way they like, but most fans will simply not believe their bullshit.

Our club is now in the hands of people who the majority of fans don't trust and don't respect. The connection that Keegan has with the club and the city is unique and no amount of Ashley's PR is going to sever his place in most of our hearts and minds.

I honestly can't see any positive way forward for us now.

NUFC SENIOR SOURCE: WE did everything we could to keep Keegan

Apart from sack Wise, Lambias and leaving Keegan to do his own thing of course.

This is one massive fucking joke, really cannot be fucked with this anywmore.  Its just one thing after another.

Sack Wise and Lambias for what?  As far as we know they were only doing the job they were hired to do.  Keegan might not of been happy with that, we might not have liked it, but you can't sack someone for doing their job.  If anyone is to blame then it has to be the person that put the system in place and not the people within that system.

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a f***ing shake.

Who's to stay the club didn't bust their balls to get the players Keegan wanted but couldn't for whatever reason?

If he didn't have any alternatives, should the club then do what? Are they then wrong to offer up alternatives and try to bring these in as long as they are good players, which they have been?

My head doesn't need a shake. I'm thinking about this very clearly and rationally, without getting emotional.

A lot of you guys need to calm down. Bailing out on the club now will acheive what exactly then?

Keegan is a great man, but he is not God. I'm sure he has some faults as well, and maybe they let him down in this instance.

Everyone is just assuming the club was hell bent on making his life hell. I am yet to see good evidence of this.

We are now hearing Keegan was not even willing to take their offers of changes into account ... why?

This is just an infortunate situation and we have to move forward, and continue to support the club.

Yes Kaka we know.

You're an Ashleyite.

For the thinking supporter Keegan will get the backlash, for the others... Ashley will.

That's rubbish. Don't act as if you're smart please.

Exactly. smart people realise the extent of the problem were in, any top football manager wouldnt put up with what keegan has. They've pushed him out through incompetent decisions.

Just so you can see the reasoning behind that statement..

I'm gutted too, make no mistake about that. But on this occasion I blame Keegan, he could have gritted his teeth and got on with it, setting out his points and claims over the course of the season in an effort to gain whatever it was he felt he needed. To walk out on the club at this point of time makes a mockery of the statement that he loves the club and the fans. He has a track record of being emotional and impulsive, and many times that has worked in his favour - but not this time. It doesn't really matter how untenable he felt his position was he should have faced up to it and seen it out another way. This way we are fucked.

Ashley will get the backlash, team spirit will be all but destroyed. The manager (Keegan) who could get those players playing at 110% plus with enjoyment and fun has gone. Once again he's considered himself first and the ramifications second.